Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By stroebel83
Thank you for the picks. I hope to grab some this weekend..just stumbled into some funds too.
Just did a search online and TRU UK have the single basic figures and the 6in collectors figures which has a cool orc in, hope they get the 2 packs and gift sets. Shall have to pop to one of the stores soon, hopefully they'll be all over soon.

Only ever got a handful of the LOTOR figures with them being large, thinking of getting a checklist and use Ebay to carry on my collection ot them, especially after the Wyvern and Cave Troll.
By Kovecs
YAK_Chewie wrote:Pics of what I bought so far as Toysrus...

To my surprise, all of these have ball jointed hips - maybe even Legolas, but his tunic is so tight that I can't really check. I'm assuming that he and the lady do, so they can later make soft goods tunics for them and put them on horses, or something.

Gollum is the prize here as far as I'm concerned - just amazing to have this cool character in this scale...
Bilbo is a bit weak... a little more effort on his paint job would do wonders for this guy, as would articulated feet. Anyways, I hope this line does very well and continues for several years, and we also get many LOTR figures like this too. It's just too good of a thing to not continue...

Now, are these as good as Star Wars figures? Well, better than Clone Wars I think, yes. Better than top quality vintage stuff? No. That's better, but for a company that's never made this scale of figures that I'm aware of? This is damn good stuff. Only real drawbacks are they don't have holes in their feet or articulated ankles, some of the articulation is hard to utilize, and the faces on the "humans" aren't top sculpt material...

But hey, these are still good, and I see more effort from this company in terms of diversity and sculpting than we've seen out of Hasbro in a long, long time. Hasbro has gotten lazy. This company is taking chances and being aggressive. And there's a lot more cool stuff that I passed on today, that I plan on getting in the coming weeks. They're filling the void for me for the rest of 2012, and who knows, maybe for the next few years this line will be more fun for some of us than Star Wars, because this line is geared toward collectors, while Hasbro doesn't know which way is up these days...

Here's the company's website: http://www.thebridgedirect.com/hobbit.html

:wink:

I loved the old ones, I think they were some of the best figures in the world. This is so refreshing to me, because I am a LOTR fan as well as a SW fan and if you go to theonering.net all you get is hate for SW
I picked up Legolas and Tauriel two pack, The Fimbul The Hunter and Warg Beast pack and a Gandalf figure so far. I am most impressed with the level of detail that this new company is producing with these figures. Fimbul and the Warg were well worth the price of $25.00. The Warg by itself puts the Dewback to shame. It the best articulated figure that I have ever picked up and it has well over 100 different poses. The Fimbul figure rocks as well. Each figure comes with an overload of accessories. The only ones I passed on were Bilbo and Gollum, the dwarves two packs and Thorin individual figures since I lacked money to continue my buying spree. I'll pick em up later. I look forward to the next series of figures when the movie comes out. I am glad this company decided to make them scale to the Star Wars figures. They will make great backgroun dip figures in the years to come. Might even do a dio of just them as well. I never found the Goblin figure. :twisted:
Clearly this company saw the success of the small company that handled the LOTOR rings figures, so went with the high detail and lots of accessories but realised 3 3/4 inch was more logical and increased the articulation. Just hope they copy the LOTOR company and make things like the huge trolls, Sauron and Fell Beasts, the environment pieces that came with some figures; oh and the horse sets as well. With the environment pieces at this size they could do playsets.
By stroebel83
Paulskywalker wrote:Clearly this company saw the success of the small company that handled the LOTOR rings figures, so went with the high detail and lots of accessories but realised 3 3/4 inch was more logical and increased the articulation. Just hope they copy the LOTOR company and make things like the huge trolls, Sauron and Fell Beasts, the environment pieces that came with some figures; oh and the horse sets as well. With the environment pieces at this size they could do playsets.

I have my LotR stuff in storage in Indiana (700 miles away), but I can't wait to see talking Sauron and Treebeard in size comparison to these guys.
By YAK_Chewie
Picked up the orc guy with the Warg beast, or whatever it's called the other day... the beast has 17 points of articulation! Wow!

I'll try and snap some more pics. To this point, I have what's out now, except for the 5-pk and the Goblin King. They are cool, but I don't have an extra $60.00 right now to drop on this stuff. I'll wait it out a few weeks and see if this stuff goes on sale, or is cheaper at Wal-Mart (I suspect it will be).

Chewie if you get all the two packs and the Goblin King then you have all the figures in the 5 pack, so i don't see the point in getting the 5 pack unless you've become a mint on in box collector lol.
By zedhatch
Saw a display at Books a Million yesterday and FINALLY got Gandalf. been wanting a 3 & 3/4 inch gandalf to hang around with Obi-Wan since I was like 8. Not willing to pay thier inflated prices for the rest, but Gandalf I will bend for.
By YAK_Chewie
zedhatch wrote:Saw a display at Books a Million yesterday and FINALLY got Gandalf. been wanting a 3 & 3/4 inch gandalf to hang around with Obi-Wan since I was like 8. Not willing to pay thier inflated prices for the rest, but Gandalf I will bend for.

He's a great figure!

BTW, how much are they charging for figures there?

By YAK_Chewie
Really though, I doubt I'll get the 5-pk... it's cool, but I don't know if I really can find a use for it (especially since the dward if it I really like (the old man with the red outfit isn't in the 5-pk).

If I'm gonna shell out another $30, it might be smarter to get a couple more of the Warg beasts maybe instead.

By zedhatch
YAK_Chewie wrote:
zedhatch wrote:Saw a display at Books a Million yesterday and FINALLY got Gandalf. been wanting a 3 & 3/4 inch gandalf to hang around with Obi-Wan since I was like 8. Not willing to pay thier inflated prices for the rest, but Gandalf I will bend for.

He's a great figure!

BTW, how much are they charging for figures there?

Singles $11.99, which is steep but I haven;t found Gandalf anywhere else and we have no confirmation on how wide this line might be released. So many lines aren't making into the larger chains (Wal-Mart, ect) that I didn't want to risk not seeing him again. I;ve seen the others at TRU (whcih is 1 1/2 away BTW) but have been subbonly awaiting Gandalf before I bought the rest. Wouldn't spend that much for the others, but Gandalf is my exception.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

darthvlad: Great looking droids you keep cranki[…]

Community fodder box...

As posted above, Stocos28 is the next person techn[…]

Now this looks way better then Hasbro version! Suc[…]

Looks even better in natural light. But oh, man, w[…]

Ewok Love

Thanks, Joosk! brethupp custom ewok.jpg

Some of the wave one $12 ones are already demandin[…]

It is an awesome figure (that should have been in […]

Ah, that makes sense. I might always have her helm[…]