Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Saw the 3 3/4inch figures today in TRU for the first time, but strangely it was a 3 figure gift pack i've not seen shown online, it had Gandalf, the Red clothed Dwarf and the female Elf.
I'm assuming that too, they wanted £22.99 for it so nothing special about the price. I should of took a picture but didn't think till i had left the store. I have to say the figure look awesome in person, can't wait for them to come out properly.
By stroebel83
YAK_Chewie wrote:Anyone bought the Goblin King yet, if so what are your thoughts after opening him?

:wink:

I have him. He is huge and cool. I like the articulation, but I am worried about how he looks when he sits. I also hate the overall design. I may like him more if he had a throne or something besides thorin
By YAK_Chewie
I have not been able to see the movie yet, which is killing me.

But, I've bought all the figures, except for one of the 2-pks. I haven't seen TRU stock any of this stuff really since December... hope they get some more in?

I do like the Goblin King figure, but I also agree the design of the character is a bit weird. Overall though, very cool and I'm glad they made him.

Today I bought two more of the Grinnah Goblin figure - making my total up to 3 of him. Since there's a lot of Goblins in the movie I figured he kind of serves as an army builder.

By jedistyle
nice, ive never seen any goblin figures let alone the goblin king...ive seen all the humans and elves and hobbitts and dawrfs, but i have yet to pick up any..i tried once but it was in december so the lines where rediculous and i gave up and put everything back...i may try to pick up some of these again soon...especially gandalfs.
By YAK_Chewie
I saw the movie on Saturday, with my son and my dad - was a great experience, it's the first time the three of us went to a movie together!

I liked the movie quite a bit (though I thought the Goblin King lair was a bit overdone, and the fight was a bit silly - no way they would have all survived that). But overall, I think I'd give it 3/4 stars. It was very entertaining and I loved almost every aspect of it.

Now I really want them to make more figures! A Necromancer, Sauramon, Elrond, Galadriel, White Orc, the Brown Wizard and his bunny sled, more orcs, the fat dwarf, etc... I'd also like to see a horse or two and the Mountain Trolls!

I'm really glad the two of you enjoyed the film. CHEWIE, it's awesome that you had an inter-generational experience. I went to a movie with my dad and grandfather a few months before he died, and it is a special memory for me. I'm a big fan of Tolkien, second only to Lucas by maybe a hair; or, maybe he's first. Either way, I'm glad to see some love for "The Hobbit"!
Community fodder box...

Okay... Trying to upload photos from my phone of […]

Cane Adiss They can scale it to fit the TBS box, […]

Walmart and TVC

Scored two TVC Range Troopers yesterday at Walmart[…]

yea, this physical store exclusives crap has to g[…]

Ugh... so I'm going to have to broach the topic of[…]

I've got nothing for this. When Hasbro released T[…]

RETURN OF THE JEDI - THE VINTAGE COLLECTION Sh[…]

Aw man, that was a fantastic ending to your story.[…]