Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I'm surprised they've started to show, but then again the movie will be on us before we know it; think it's out on my birthday 14th December?
By stroebel83
anyone want to do some in depth reviews on these? I like teh pics, but I am wondering how range of motion is. I saw the single packs at my TRU but held back. It seems the multipacks are a better deal. Are there figures that are not available through multipacks?
Since the multiple packs have the singles figures in am just picking up the multiple packs and the only single figures i wil get are the ones that can't be found in multiple pack, i've done that with other figure lines.
By YAK_Chewie
The 2-pks are a much better deal - two figures for $14.99

As for a review, I've opened a few and the articulation is pretty decent standard ball joints on the shoulders/elbows/knees, swivel wrists, and standard legs... heads are ball joint/pop off... and some have ball joint hips.

And I love the fact that they seem like they'd pop apart well for customs... they seem to have looked to Hasbro here on the Star Wars line, as the ones I've opened have "soft" torsos like most Star Wars figures... I just opened Gollum... his articulation is a bit limited, but holy crap, I love this little bastard! Bilbo seems to be the only "cheap" figure so far from what I've got.

I'll really try and show some pics soon.

:wink:
By stroebel83
Did you get the elves? I think they look very cool, but it looks like their articulation is very limited due to their robes. Is there any site that is getting up to date info on these guys? Everyone here is doing awesome, I just get spoiled and assume that LotR fans and Hobbit fans are as dedicated as star wars fans.
Really homing for more elves and army figures, maybe Beorn, Smaug, trolls, eagles. AHHH we'll probably have to wait a couple years for those.
I really wish the goblins looked more orcish. They don't look quite as scary.
By YAK_Chewie
Pics of what I bought so far as Toysrus...

To my surprise, all of these have ball jointed hips - maybe even Legolas, but his tunic is so tight that I can't really check. I'm assuming that he and the lady do, so they can later make soft goods tunics for them and put them on horses, or something.

Gollum is the prize here as far as I'm concerned - just amazing to have this cool character in this scale...
Bilbo is a bit weak... a little more effort on his paint job would do wonders for this guy, as would articulated feet. Anyways, I hope this line does very well and continues for several years, and we also get many LOTR figures like this too. It's just too good of a thing to not continue...

Now, are these as good as Star Wars figures? Well, better than Clone Wars I think, yes. Better than top quality vintage stuff? No. That's better, but for a company that's never made this scale of figures that I'm aware of? This is damn good stuff. Only real drawbacks are they don't have holes in their feet or articulated ankles, some of the articulation is hard to utilize, and the faces on the "humans" aren't top sculpt material...

But hey, these are still good, and I see more effort from this company in terms of diversity and sculpting than we've seen out of Hasbro in a long, long time. Hasbro has gotten lazy. This company is taking chances and being aggressive. And there's a lot more cool stuff that I passed on today, that I plan on getting in the coming weeks. They're filling the void for me for the rest of 2012, and who knows, maybe for the next few years this line will be more fun for some of us than Star Wars, because this line is geared toward collectors, while Hasbro doesn't know which way is up these days...

Here's the company's website: http://www.thebridgedirect.com/hobbit.html

By Trooper31
Thanks for the pics and the review, Chewie. I think this company got smart and saw a market that could be interested in these figures. They're piggy backing Hasbro on the 3.75" line and that's cool. It will be interesting to see what the customizing possibilities will be with these and I hope they are bold enough to put out some environment pieces as well. Since they'll have two more movies after this year, they've got a chance to make some cool stuff.
These have just got cooler i can't wait to get them, that Goblin looks scary.
By YAK_Chewie
NScrappile wrote:I dunno. These figures seem "off" to me. Like they are partially taken from animation sources or something. At any rate, it will be nice to actually see new stuff at the store.

A couple of the faces seem a bit cartoonish - but to kick off a new line of figures, with a lot of variety with warriors, monsters, good sculpts, nice articulation, etc... this is really a cool line so far. I need to get Gandalf next. He looks outstanding. And I need the obese Goblin King, the Warg w/ Orc/Goblin rider, etc... lots of neat stuff.

And... a customizer's dream! These figures can definitely be used for Star Wars custom fodder. No doubt about it... and the torsos are "soft" so it should make the boil-n-pop method easy.

By YAK_Chewie
Paulskywalker wrote:These have just got cooler i can't wait to get them, that Goblin looks scary.

They're so cool, when you do, I'm sure you will enjoy these figures.

Trooper31 wrote:Thanks for the pics and the review, Chewie. I think this company got smart and saw a market that could be interested in these figures. They're piggy backing Hasbro on the 3.75" line and that's cool. It will be interesting to see what the customizing possibilities will be with these and I hope they are bold enough to put out some environment pieces as well. Since they'll have two more movies after this year, they've got a chance to make some cool stuff.

Yeah! Environments would be so awesome... they've got me hooked already, but that woudl be icing on the cake! If they do it, Hasbro might finally wake up!

Grimace wrote:I would like to see some side by side comparison pictures of this line next to some SW figures

I'll see what I can do this weekend...

I had a modge podge of diorama greeblies out the o[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Vote Now

Ah, the mysterious Unknown Regions. I hear that's[…]

SDCC 2019 Hasbro Pulse lottery

Well, I have a lottery spot for Friday morning...e[…]

Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Nice pic... Thanks! Had to do a LOT of clea[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Here are my first couple of entries, with many mor[…]

I want to see... TVC figures - 5-6 TVC main cha[…]