Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Anyone collecting these? So far, I've picked up Red Skull and Winter Soldier. I just kind of like them. Much better than the regular Marvel line. These are kind of on par with the latest Thor lineup. I'll probably pick up Captain America with his mask off... good sculpts, fair articulation, excellent paint jobs... $10 each at TRU and Target. Some potential custom fodder here too.

:wink:
By theArchivist
I like the Falcon and Winter Soldier, I don't really need any more Captain America or Red Skulls though and the Steve Rogers SHIELD figure seems to have too small a head for his body, at least to me. I'm still not sure why they didn't include Falcon in with wave 1. I mean if you only have 5 figures in your line why not release them all in wave 1. There is so much wave 1 stuff out there i'm not sure I'll ever see a Falcon out in the wild.
By YAK_Chewie
With the "drop in variety" of characters it does concern me that Hasbro might take a similar approach to upcoming Star Wars toys - could you imagine if we only got about a dozen (or less!) characters made for EP7?

I doubt that will happen, as that line should have AT LEAST 40 figures made... 50-60 would be ideal... but with the 2016 spinoff movie, I'd expect a much smaller line - maybe a dozen figures... it's really hard to say. They might focus on kids toys for the spinoffs, and more variety for the sequel trilogy figures.

:wink:
By theArchivist
I think the reason they go with the smaller lines with the Marvel movies is the volume of lines in the Marvel universe. You can go into a store right now and see figures from the following Marvel lines : IM2, IM3, Thor 2, Thor 3, Avengers Movie, Avengers Assemble, Marvel Universe, Captain America 2, Avengers Infinite, Ultimate Spiderman, Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2, Wolverine. Some of those lines are in different stages of their life cycle but I have seen all of these in retail or discount retail store within the past week. That is 13 concurrent lines with multiple cross over characters.

Once Star Wars gets into full production mode next year with Rebels, Black, E7, SpinOff movies, etc we may see them starting to cut back the number of figures in each collection. As of right now though, I don't seem them doing a small line yet but if they get 10+ concurrent lines going we may see this strategy.

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

They all look great! I was thinking the other day […]

Found these two FINALLY today! Sent one off to YAK[…]

Walmart and TVC

Jodo do you know if those stores made space for T[…]