Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Are you planning on buying non-Hasbro Star Wars Disney product?

YES! This stuff looks really good. I plan on buying a lot!
No votes
0%
Yeah, I will pick and choose a few things.
25%
Maybe, I have to see it in person first.
38%
Probably not.
No votes
0%
NO - I have zero interest in this stuff.
38%
By darthmac
Jodo wrote:Dang it...I might have to get that Stormtrooper now. I wish he could hold the rifle in both hands though!

His left hand is cupped nicely so he can hold a lot of things, just not his gun. I took a picture of him holding a vintage Yoda, and I noticed his helmet is bigger than the vintage Yoda!
By darthmac
I bit on the cyber Monday sale at the disney store. I ordered the die cast x-wing, falcon, and star destroyer. Also the ERG pin and the plush wicket for my girls. I was really tempted on the 14" boba as he would have been $15, but I just don't have space for these.
By Niktom
Recently picked up some of the Die Cast Metal Ships from DisneyStore.com

Speeder Bike - CHEAP! The soft plastic parts were bent really bad while still in the box. No display stand and just overall disappointment for the price paid.

X-Wing - purchased for a kiddo for Christmas. Haven't opened it, but it came in with two of the laser cannons broken off. Looks good in the box with the exception of the broken pieces flying around.

B-Wing - also for a kiddo for Christmas. Haven't opened but it did at least survive shipping. Looks really good, not sure how the laser cannons will hold up to playtime thought.

So far I'm really disappointed in the line. Read in the reviews that the AT-AT legs break real easy, even in shipping. I figure the Star Destroyer is the only one that will really hold up but I'm skiddish to make the purchase with the price they have on it. Looks like Disney took some pages out of the Hasbro playbook on these and went cheap with high prices.
By darthmac
I saw the x-wing at the store in person, yikes they are terrible, I'll be returning the one I ordered - every single cannon I saw in the stack were pointing in different directions. Also saw the speeder bike, the front was twisted, the take away seem to be if there is anything narrow on the ship it will twist or break. Holding out hope for the falcon and star destroyer. Wouldn't be too sad if I returned them all.
By darthmac
My x-wing arrived with a broken cannon. I'll be returning that one. The Star Destroyer and Falcon looked fine, I may be able to post some boxed shots of them soon.
By Niktom
Here ya go.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but DisneyStore does a horrible job packing boxes. Usuall the item with one or two airpillow packs in a very oversized box. At least that's what I've been getting.
By darthmac
That's my busted X-wing! How did you get that picture! I better go check my collection room to make sure I didn't get looted by some scout!
By Niktom
darthmac wrote:That's my busted X-wing! How did you get that picture! I better go check my collection room to make sure I didn't get looted by some scout!

HA! I can assure you good man, if I'm gonna loot something... it won't be a busted X-Wing.
By darthmac
YAK_Chewie wrote:Thanks for the pic... other than the cannons, looks awesome. But those cannons are such a disaster.

I'll be avoiding ordering anything after seeing this and reading some horror stories from our FB readers.

:wink:

Stay away from anything long and thin! I really like the star destroyer!

Got in a pair of TVC Gamorreans yestetday from Ent[…]

EE had 3.75" TBS sale last week (one day sale[…]

Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]