Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
Though I don't collect comics myself, my best friend Matt has been buying Marvel's Star Wars and Darth Vader titles. He's been letting me borrow them, and yesterday we looked at a copy of Princess Leia #1. Has anyone else been looking at them? I think Star Wars is a decent series, however there is one stand out issue I have with all the writing in the books. The character's don't share the same voice as their on screen counterparts. Vader talks WAY too much, and as I saw in Leia yesterday, it just seems they write any way they want to for the characters. There is no definitive substance or character voice for anyone featured in the comics.

On the other side of things, Matt also let me borrow his Firefly comics a few months back, and they did an amazing job at writing dialogue for the characters. The syntax followed the character's usual voice, and it wasn't hard to imagine the character saying the lines. However with these Marvel offerings, I just can't get into them, and I believe the writing is to blame. :?
By YAK_Chewie
I have had a harder and harder time getting into comics over the years.

I did really like the Dark Horse "DARK TIMES" ones starring Dass Jennir, however. I thoroughly enjoyed those; especially the realistic art style. Sucks that Hasbro never made a good comic pack figure of him.

:wink:
Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

I've been following this challenge since it starte[…]

Well...I went looking for a pig...and ended up cat[…]

Tzizvvt Arleil Schous Melas Commander Bob Hudsol […]

1 Biggs Darklighter; Red 3 2 Wedge Antilles; Red 2[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

Droids will be fun.

John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]