Image Image Image Image Image

Star Wars Armada/X-Wing

Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Star Wars Armada/X-Wing

Postby Jodo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Has anyone checked these miniature games out? Armada should be out soon, which I think I might buy a few of, but X-Wing has been tempting me a lot here lately. I'm a fan of capital ships and appropriate scale, and Armada seems to be doing a decent job on keep relative scale between the fighters and capital ships.

I think both look fun to play, but I'd be more inclined to collect them like I did the WOTC miniatures than sit down and do the game.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Star Wars Armada/X-Wing

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am

Have not collected any of this stuff (save for some WOTC minis I bought for my son at a collector shop a few years ago).

The details and all that are always amazing - I don't see how they can paint stuff so well, yet Hasbro paint schemes often look so weak by comparison.

:wink:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 pm

I know, considering the large ships are about $20 and come with a boat load of extra items like cards, tokens, etc. I feel they're a really good deal for a nice model.

I still haven't bought any of these, but am still very tempted to do so!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Has anyone checked these out yet? My friend Matt asked me if I'd be willing to go in on half of an Armada core set (Around $65) with him, which surprised me because not only have neither of us table top gamed, but he is also brand new to Star Wars. I think we've decided to purchase a core set, as well as a few extra capital ships and fighter packs.

I saw over on RS they're also planning a Gozanti for the X-Wing scale game. That's by far one of my favorite ship designs, so I might just have to get that...

!
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:35 pm

If they look that nice in person like the older stuff.. I'd buy what I wanted and sell off all the game stuff.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:06 pm

I've heard about a few people actually going that. The fighters and large vehicles, like the Outrider and Falcon are decent replacements for titanium and action fleet scale items. If I had enough money/space I'd honestly probably buy this entire line. :!:
!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Both of these games have some awesome minis - but some are more like models, a bit too big for my tastes - not to mention pricey. I have all the WOTC / SSB mini ships, but never got into these. I'm hoping the MM / Titanium lines cover all these ships as well. A Rebels Gozanti in the Titanium line would be great.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:44 pm

I used to do the WOTC minis as well, and that is honestly one thing holding me back on this line. I have several capital ships from the Star Ship Battles line, and I'd feel like I was repurchasing the same items. I know these items have much better paint apps and the scale is more to my liking (though still pretty relative)...
!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 am

Well, unexpectedly my mom offered to purchase me something online, so I ended up ordering the core set, and a few other ships. By chance I checked CoolStuffInc yesterday, and they were running a 24 sale on the core set for $55, so that was really nice! I'm really stoked to play this game now!
!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 pm

I received the shipment a few days ago, and my sister and I played a game since I went back home this weekend. We used basic rules, but it was a pretty darn cool game. I can't wait to pick up more of these!

!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Coolstuffinc.com dropped the core set to $50 yesterday, so I ended up ordering a second one. I was about to spend $27 on a second Star Destroyer, so I might as well go big or go home...
!

Return to “Other Star Wars/Non-Star Wars”