Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
Has anyone checked these miniature games out? Armada should be out soon, which I think I might buy a few of, but X-Wing has been tempting me a lot here lately. I'm a fan of capital ships and appropriate scale, and Armada seems to be doing a decent job on keep relative scale between the fighters and capital ships.

I think both look fun to play, but I'd be more inclined to collect them like I did the WOTC miniatures than sit down and do the game.
By YAK_Chewie
Have not collected any of this stuff (save for some WOTC minis I bought for my son at a collector shop a few years ago).

The details and all that are always amazing - I don't see how they can paint stuff so well, yet Hasbro paint schemes often look so weak by comparison.

:wink:
By Jodo
Has anyone checked these out yet? My friend Matt asked me if I'd be willing to go in on half of an Armada core set (Around $65) with him, which surprised me because not only have neither of us table top gamed, but he is also brand new to Star Wars. I think we've decided to purchase a core set, as well as a few extra capital ships and fighter packs.

I saw over on RS they're also planning a Gozanti for the X-Wing scale game. That's by far one of my favorite ship designs, so I might just have to get that...

By darth_sidious
Both of these games have some awesome minis - but some are more like models, a bit too big for my tastes - not to mention pricey. I have all the WOTC / SSB mini ships, but never got into these. I'm hoping the MM / Titanium lines cover all these ships as well. A Rebels Gozanti in the Titanium line would be great.
By Jodo
I used to do the WOTC minis as well, and that is honestly one thing holding me back on this line. I have several capital ships from the Star Ship Battles line, and I'd feel like I was repurchasing the same items. I know these items have much better paint apps and the scale is more to my liking (though still pretty relative)...
By Jodo
Well, unexpectedly my mom offered to purchase me something online, so I ended up ordering the core set, and a few other ships. By chance I checked CoolStuffInc yesterday, and they were running a 24 sale on the core set for $55, so that was really nice! I'm really stoked to play this game now!

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

They all look great! I was thinking the other day […]

Found these two FINALLY today! Sent one off to YAK[…]

Walmart and TVC

Jodo do you know if those stores made space for T[…]