Image Image Image Image Image

Anvos Costumes

Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Anvos Costumes

Postby darthmac » Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 am

Anyone get in on that amazing Stormtrooper Kit deal? $350 + shipping for a complete Stormtrooper costume (only missing boots). I pulled the trigger, although I'll be a little tall for a stormtrooper! I'll also have to get a tall mannequin to display it in my collection room.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Re: Anvos Costumes

Postby Jodo » Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am

I in NO WAY had the money for this, but was able to pull the trigger thanks to a few donations from some certain grandparents! It was an amazing deal that very few costumers I know passed up. Even people just moderately interested in costuming got on board, which I thought was pretty cool.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Wed May 13, 2015 7:06 pm

It was an insanely great deal for a Stormtrooper costume!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Wed May 13, 2015 8:56 pm

I think I'm going to weather mine into a Sandtrooper, or at least a Stormtrooper that's seen combat. This finally gives me am excuse to use my MG-34 with something as well!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:16 am

My set arrived a couple of weeks ago. I'm taking my time on the build, so not much to post yet. I've done most of the rough cutting, now just slowly chipping away at the finer cuts.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I still haven't received my kit yet. I ordered May 2, and just checked my status, which is still unfulfilled. I thought the shipping schedule listed this week of February as my shipping date...
!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Jodo wrote:I still haven't received my kit yet. I ordered May 2, and just checked my status, which is still unfulfilled. I thought the shipping schedule listed this week of February as my shipping date...

Have you received it yet? I would love to hear a review once you get it.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Yep, I received it around the beginning of March! I've yet to trim any of the pieces, but I think the overall quality of the parts are really nice. I'll take some pictures next time I'm home for sure! I had actually forgotten it the holster was included, as well as the neck seal, so that was awesome. The only thing you really need is a weapon (I have a E-11 and a DLT-19), and then the boots.

My only real complaint is the helmet's build. I think I could have done a much better job putting the kit together, but the helmet comes pre-built. For mine the eyes need to be shaped up, the black rubber trim needs to be re-cut because it's way too long, and the ears are barely touching the helmet overall. I also own a MR CE helmet that I got for $50 way back when, and it's built much better than the Anovas bucket.
!

Return to “Other Star Wars/Non-Star Wars”