Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
I'm not for sure how many other people know, but one other thing outside of collecting Star Wars toys is that I also collect and make props, and have been doing FX makeup and costumes for around 7 years. Some stuff I don't even have pictures of, like my BSG Fleet Marine loadout, Duty Blues, or Sweeney Todd; however everything you'll see here has been done on a strict budget (a college budget to be exact). These costumes were definitely "community" projects, as many people have helped me over the past few years. I've received a ton of good deals over the past few years, and a lot of people have guided me on buying stuff at the best prices and I'll be forever thankful for that.

Here's a sampling of my past costumes/work, and I'll post some new stuff as I put it together/make it. :)

Joker(Bank Heist, Nurses Dress, behind the scenes):

Captain Jack Sparrow (On Stranger Tides/Judge Jack):

Mad Hatter:

Barnabas Collins:

Wizard of Oz:

Darth Maul:

Bane:

Daryl Dixon:

Starlord:

And I'm currently working on an Owen Grady costume from Jurassic World. :)
By Jodo
And though I don't have many, here's some props I've made, painted or purchased over many years (also on a budget):

I painted two of these blasters, which were free lazer tag guns:

Starlords Guns, to go along with my costume:

A Master Replicas Stormtrooper stunt helmet I got for $50 closeout:

Jurassic World stuff:

And my current project, finishing this Malcom Reynolds pistol which I got for $15 from my friend Kelly:

I also have a few other items, but I don't think I have any pictures of them. I have a complete set of Battlestar Galactica rank pins and some patches which I received for helping ID the original materials. I also have an airsoft Pulse Rifle from Aliens, which I got a few years ago for my birthday and a British Sterling airsoft for my birthday this year. I can't believe I don't have pictures of those babies...
By Jodo
I got an Asset Containment Unit hat and "GPS tracker watch" for a steal on Ebay. The hat was closeout, and the watch is a non-working store display shell!

I also received most of my Owen Grady costume from Jurassic World! I'm just waiting on my knife/sheath. The shirt is the same one production used, and the vest is what the original was modeled off of. The pants were $15 from Old Navy. :P
By Jodo
I got these Rubie's helmet for $25 each at Target last night to modify. The Fett one needs to be repainted, and a new visor added. I also have a metal stalk to add to it, which I've had for years. The Stormtrooper needs to have its seams cleaned up, a new visor, and a repaint as well. I'm not sure what I'll do about the three holes in the nose section just yet. It also sucks they added the details to the back half, but not the front. I may sand them off, and go for my own stylized look...

By The Professor
Great costumes! You've certainly got the Heath Ledger look down and quite a resemblance to Johny Depp for that matter!
By Jodo
Thanks man!!! Only a year and a half late reply to you! :lol:

Check this out...I got a $30 off coupon to a nice company that made my Kylo Ren costume, so I put it towards this Death Trooper helmet. VERY nice for $70 shipped!!!!! And a far cry from the $615 Anovos replica's price too.

IMG_1896.JPG
By StooperZero
does it have a voice changer built in so you sound like a combine soldier??

i was eyeing those up but the $$$ they want for prop quality helmets is insane.
By Jodo
StooperZero wrote:does it have a voice changer built in so you sound like a combine soldier??

i was eyeing those up but the $$$ they want for prop quality helmets is insane.

There isn't one in there, but I have a nice one I got for my Kylo Ren on Amazon. If I ever did this costume I'd probably try to find a sound board with their weird voices on it.

For $70 at Xcoser I'm super happy with it though! Anovos stuff is amazing, but I could never justify the cost of one of their helmets. I did get the Stormtrooper kit though, but the price was super competitive with fan made kits.
By Jodo
YAK_Chewie wrote:That looks great.

The more and more I become disgusted with Hasbro's 3.75" line, the more I am considering purchases like this.

:wink:

I've always bought a combination of props and stuff for my collection, but only if the price was right. :lol:

Like the Hasbro helmets (and this one) are great quality, but also excellent prices. Same with the airsoft Pulse Rifle I have and a few other pieces. Some props on the other hand I just can't justify. :/ I'd LOVE to get the Aliens Smartgun or Motion Tracker, but they're like $1200 and $600. :|

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]