Space Walls by GTP

Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Space Walls by GTP

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 am

Their site says not taking more orders on them right now, but also that they ARE shipping right now. Because of delays that are out of their control, they are going to stop doing pre-orders. All it ends up doing is people start criticizing them.

My theory is that their first batch has been approved and once that was done, they printed up shipping labels on May 19. I can confirm they were expecting to send them out on Friday, May 26. But obviously that hasn't happened just yet. I'm hoping they can send them this week or at least let us know the current status soon.

I actually placed another order with them on May 25 - this was for another 6" order and the 3.75" support beams. Those shipped immediately and I received them on May 30. But my basic 3.75" walls order is in limbo still. So that tells me that they haven't received them physically in Utah yet like they expected - OR there is a problem with what they received. We already know their factory has had a few issues that have stalled production.

I'm just trying to take it in stride, and hope the rest of you all are too. We've waited for decades for something like this. I truly wish they had started with 3.75" products in the first place - it seems after all these years, there is a curse on 3.75" playsets. Hasbro has ignored this part of the market. Galactic Merchants tried, but could not keep up with demand, and then had quality issues. And a very drawn out delay. And here we are, on pins and needles waiting for our precious 3.75" walls from GTP-Toys.

Let's please remember that GTP-Toys has proven they are reliable and legit and are delivering something NOBODY else has done. There is amazing quality and pride in what they do. Sure, I'd like more communication updates but they are better than others that I've seen when it comes to this. I don't think we can truly appreciate their efforts and commitment to this. There's reasons why it takes so long and these are not cheap.

The wait is almost over... the 3.75" support beams I received are amazing. I clipped them onto 6" walls for now and they actually match up even with those better than I expected.

:wink:
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:41 pm

GTP posted an update. Evidently the walls are stuck in customs.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Yep - I got that too... figured something was up. Here's the note:

Hello to everyone who has pre-ordered the Classic 3.75 wall set.

We would like to start out by telling you how sorry we are that this has taken so long to get your sets to you. We had intended to have these ready to ship last November, as we started tooling in July 2016. In November, we decided to make a big tooling modification to add details on the side and introduce a new clips system. This was supposed to have been finished in February. But instead it’s been a big back and forth adjusting the clips, fixing the paint color, adjusting the tooling etc.

The Walls are finished and shipped to us 3 weeks ago.

So to be ready to get all the sets out the door we went ahead and made shipping labels. Unfortunately, we got the end caps and one box of walls 2 weeks ago. The rest of wall sets are sitting in California at customs for some reason. We have been trying to find out what the holdup is, but we can’t get any info. We have been told for the last week and a half that they will be released and sent to us in a day or two. We have a tracking number, but no updates, just like you do from us.

So, we ask you to please continue being patient for a few more days. The wall sets will arrive to us “any day now”.

We know you must be tired and frustrated with the delays, as we are too. We have never had this many problems with parts before. But the classic scale parts are finished and ready to ship to you as soon as they show up.

We will send out a new message as soon as they are delivered so you can start looking at your tracking numbers.

If you have any address changes to be made – now is the time to do it.

Thank you for being so great about the wait, we are confident you will be thrilled with the quality and detail of these sets. They are the best parts we have made so far.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and support, as and additional thank you for your patience, we have attached a coupon for your next order.

Michael and John

So, that makes sense and glad they sent this out. Things sometimes happen that are just out of everyone's control... hopefully the wait is over for everyone who ordered by this time next week, and we'll be posting pics of our new goodies... if these turn out as good as I'm expecting, I see myself ordering a lot more of them.

Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah, that's great they updated everyone! I wasn't worried about it in the slightest, since they had already delivered on the 6 inch scale items. I'm curious to know how well they scale with their larger cousins. The larger blast doors might make good Death Star cannon bays.

~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 5/29/17: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 8!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 am

Still in "pre-ship" status...

I hope all of the problems with the 3.75" process don't discourage them to make more...

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm hosting a SARLACC party on Saturday, and was hoping to have them on display. Not to mention a piece of swag for attendees that was going to feature them. So much for that. Grumble grumble.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:17 am

Shows "in transit" now -- and expected delivery tomorrow! Whoo hoo!!!

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Me too! Guess I'll do an unboxing with a live studio audience.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Order received! These are so cool. I'll snap some pics tonight...

...in the meantime, forum member coeli (Ron) snapped a pic of his that came in...

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Some quick pics of my order that came in today - I can't wait to order more of these and build something truly eye popping!

Sorry I didn't post a pic of the clips on the back - but they really are fantastic and give these things a real sense of sturdiness, and ability to customize/place the walls at great angles.

DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 am

Received mine this past Friday!
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Mine came on Saturday, right before the SARLACC meeting I was hosting so I didn't really have the opportunity to give them the attention they deserved. I did open one of my boxes at the party and all that saw them were quite impressed. Here are a few quick shots I took Sunday...

They fit beautifully in to a Ikea Bertby display case (5 sections, plus support).

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Great pics!

I just placed another order today as they have some more in stock now.

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I may order more walls when he makes other sections such as the blast doors or other standard doors. I'll also be picking up the accessory set.
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Got my two sets from the post office, and immediately ordered another two sets as well. I can't wait for the blast doors and stuff. Hopefully they continue to offer these items and aren't shut down...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 5/29/17: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 8!

Return to “Other Star Wars/Non-Star Wars”