Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By Jodo
#163386
darthvlad wrote:Is it weird to buy figures that look like you? :lol:

Yes! LOL. My girlfriend said she would buy me some stuff if she went. Ideally, a bunch of little mini-me's. :lol:

YAK_Chewie wrote:I like these and will be getting some for my kids, maybe even a few for myself.

When are these toys supposed to be in stores?

:wink:


April 16th! A few days after the Solo toys come out...
User avatar
By darthvlad
#163387
Jodo wrote:
darthvlad wrote:Is it weird to buy figures that look like you? :lol:

Yes! LOL. My girlfriend said she would buy me some stuff if she went. Ideally, a bunch of little mini-me's. :lol:


Okay, is it weird that your girlfriend buys toys that look like you? :lol:
User avatar
By Jodo
#163416
darthvlad wrote:
Jodo wrote:
darthvlad wrote:Is it weird to buy figures that look like you? :lol:

Yes! LOL. My girlfriend said she would buy me some stuff if she went. Ideally, a bunch of little mini-me's. :lol:


Okay, is it weird that your girlfriend buys toys that look like you? :lol:


It depends if she is using them as voodoo dolls. :lol:
User avatar
By Jodo
#163434
That's what I had presumed. Given how good the toys look for Jurassic Park, I can guarantee I'll be spending more on them than Solo.

Right now there's like 2 figures, the speeder bike, and Han's speeder on my list...compared to the dozen or so dinosaurs I will probably pick up, out of like the 80 items included in wave 1.
User avatar
By darthvlad
#163501
Jodo wrote:That's what I had presumed. Given how good the toys look for Jurassic Park, I can guarantee I'll be spending more on them than Solo.


Are we planning a meet up before Solo MM, whatever shape that’ll take?

Maybe Jayson’s sister will make an appearance?
User avatar
By darthvlad
#163537
YAK_Chewie wrote:Well since Solo stuff comes out now on April 13, and I'll be traveling for work....

:cry:


Well... maybe we need to just do a meeting anyway, have dinner somewhere. That way you can get your BBs and I can get my Tusken at least.
User avatar
By Jodo
#163542
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah I have a feeling the quality of the JP line is going to not only blow a lot of the SW line out of the water, but the MSRP on even the TVC line is going to look like you're getting ripped off big time when you compare the two toys.

Hasbro has to be aware of this.

:wink:


I believe so as well. The mosasaurus and huge T-Rex are less than $50 each. I know the one is 28 inches long, and the other is around 41 inches long. Hasbro can't compete with to-scale items like that...

darthvlad wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Well since Solo stuff comes out now on April 13, and I'll be traveling for work....

:cry:


Well... maybe we need to just do a meeting anyway, have dinner somewhere. That way you can get your BBs and I can get my Tusken at least.


I'd be down for a meeting too, outside of the midnight release. I think Brittany and I are going that next morning, so maybe us three can meet up at Saga toys and get food one day?

Edit - But after May 4th. I literally have something almost every single day until then, and that day is graduation. :lol: :shock: :|
User avatar
By darthvlad
#163546
So busy until May 4th. Got it. Totally understand that with the last month of grad school as I was once in your shoes with defending the dissertation and all that!

When's the graduation party then? :lol: Crashing it!
User avatar
By StooperZero
#163547
licensing fees are the killer for SW stuff.






I wish Hasbro made a 6" SW 7-10 POA line right around $8-9 just like the spiderman/avengers stuff. most of it is decent and just needs slightly better paint apps.
User avatar
By Jodo
#163566
darthvlad wrote:So busy until May 4th. Got it. Totally understand that with the last month of grad school as I was once in your shoes with defending the dissertation and all that!

When's the graduation party then? :lol: Crashing it!


We can celebrate at Hooters if that's fine, LOL. :P

StooperZero wrote:licensing fees are the killer for SW stuff.


Agreed 100%. I think Mattel knows what they should be making though too, and Hasbro lacks the ability to self-reflect on what works and what doesn't. Case in point, there's no distracting action features on any of the toys, and if there is, then there's also an alternative version which lacks them. Plus, keeping a relative and realistic scale between everything was one of their priorities.

All in all, I'm super excited for the JW line...Definitely more so than the Solo line for sure!

Nice!! What a great gift!

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

That middle one is a #2 pencil.

Good luck DarthVlad. I have been in such a hobby s[…]

Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago

That was a lot of fun. I will see you all in a cou[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

It's been a long time since I updated this thread.[…]

Wow, that's awesome. Creative and very well done[…]

Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]