Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By EMPIRE
Tusken Hut Playsets
Comes with accessories including battery operated flickering light-up campfire
I've been itching to make these for awhile now and ended up branching out from using my normal all wood construction.
Still strong enough to stand on.

By EMPIRE
New 3 Piece Tatooine Outpost
Comes with main building with merchant stall, stackable tower and stackable landing platform.
Ive also started casting additional accessories such as cargo crates, containers and power generators.

By Trooper31
I like the flexibility of this new one. You can change the roof around and make a few different buildings all together. I also like how the piece on the bottom of the platform that is used to hold it in place when it's on top of the building, also functions in a way to make the landing platform a bit higher off the ground. That seems more realistic in a SW world.
By EMPIRE
hemble wrote:Another awesome piece and just wondering have you ever thought about doing Death Star pieces.

Ron

Thanks, I've considered doing a few more Impy styled structures but I try to steer clear of recreating any actual onscreen scenarios from the Death Star or Star Destroyer interiors. Getting that high gloss polished effect with wood is just too tedious and time consuming for as many projects as I work on at one time. (usually 6 or more each week) It can definitely be done but I prefer to to keep the Imperial bunkers, towers and outpost etc somewhat gritty and "lived in."
By EMPIRE
Trooper31 wrote:I like the flexibility of this new one. You can change the roof around and make a few different buildings all together. I also like how the piece on the bottom of the platform that is used to hold it in place when it's on top of the building, also functions in a way to make the landing platform a bit higher off the ground. That seems more realistic in a SW world.

Thanks, yeah with the landing platform, the added "foot" is merely to allow it to lock onto the building but it could also play a practical role of elevating the platform from the accumulation of drifting sand, snow, creatures, whatever.
In actuality, it really just makes the platform not look so much like a flat board sitting on the table/floor.
By YakPurge
i gotta tell you EMPIRE your work is REALLY inspirational. at 1 of my jobs we get a lot of, I guess its particle wood, that we basically throw away. the wood helps hold pallets of metal plates in shipping. I've used the wood for shelving, but what you do gives me soooooo many ideas just to give it try.
By Evilivo
Just found this thread - exquisite stuff! I just love the attention to detail, the inventiveness and the great paint job and weathering! The last piece is a must have!

Wanted, fo sho.

So what are everyone’s thoughts on this one? Per[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

And stay away from my Disney “friend” at all cost![…]

Retro Vintage Figures

Stormtrooper Luke blends in great!

They are everywhere across the universe. Like ver[…]

This jawa figure features pivot hips, wrists and w[…]

Time for another update. Here are some Jedi/Rebels[…]

Ewok Love

For all we know, we might see Ewoks in Episode 9..[…]