Hemble's 6"

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

hemble
Droid

Re: Hemble's 6"

Postby hemble » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi All,

Did another 2 in 1 dio this time C-3PO & R2-D2. The figures are both from Bandai and built straight out of the box and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel Chalks.

The base is the stands that come with the kits and I used balsa wood for the edges. The small moisture vaporator and storage unit were done by using soft drink lids, charger cords, plastic card and deodorant lids.

The sand is a mix of spakfilla and sand and once dry the base was painted and weathered using Vallejo Piants and Pastel Chalks

Ron
Attachments
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi All,

New 2 in 1 Jedha Patrol dio completed.

Recipe

Troopers - are from Bandai and built straight out of the box and have the Bandai Death Trooper pauldrons added to them.

The orange pauldron trooper's back pack was made using a harness section from the Bandai Sandtrooper and the middle section was done using plastic card and plastic tube. The roll and haver sack are made using cloth and then straps are modelers tape and the buckles are some 1/35 resin pieces from a 40ft container.

The white pauldron trooper's pack was also made using the Bnadai Sandtrooper harness and then I used plastic card, 1/35 WW2 Sherman tank peice, BS 6" farm boy Luke's bino's, fly screen and other pieces from the Bandai Sandtrooper and Deathtrooper.

The bases were made using the stands that come with the figure kits and then balsa wood was used for the sides. The back walls were made using foam board and high density foam, I ripped off pieces of high density foam to simulate wear and tear and then used a pen to make the stones.

Once the stones were drawn I used spakilla for the walls and the sand. The machinery is some old plumber PVC pipe connection I had and a deodorant lid a asthma spray and parts form the Sandtrooper weapons.

Once everything was done the figures and base were weathered using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

Ron
Attachments
jdp6.JPG
jdp7.JPG
jdp12.JPG
jdp13.JPG
jdp16.JPG
jdp17.JPG
jdp19.JPG
jdp18.JPG
jdp14.JPG
jdp15.JPG
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 am

Hi All,

Completed Kenobi this afternoon.

Recipe

Kenobi is from Hasbro's BS 6" and I removed the head and replaced it with a resin shruken down head from Greg Glassman Customs on FB.

The body was covered using dried baby wipes and the belt is sone left over leather and the studs a pieces of plastic rod. I re-used the saber clip and the buckle is a piece of plastic card.

The robe I picked up off ebay from a gentleman in Maylasia. The figure was painted using Vallekj paints.

The base is a Bandai stand and I used balsa wood for the sides and plastic crad for the floor and sprayed it with gloss black paint.

Ron
Attachments
aob1.JPG
aob2.JPG
aob3.JPG
aob4.JPG
aob5.JPG
aob6.JPG
aob7.JPG
aob8.JPG
aob9.JPG
aob10.JPG
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 am

Back at it again, amazing work Hemble!
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 am

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:Back at it again, amazing work Hemble!

Thanks heaps mate.

Ron
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 am

Amazing stuff again, here. That hood on Obi-Wan fits just right. Beautiful.
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi All,

Trooper31 wrote:Amazing stuff again, here. That hood on Obi-Wan fits just right. Beautiful.

Thanks mate and yeah I was very happy with the way the hood sits.

Ron
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:42 am

Hi All,

Recipe

Death Troopers - The Figures are from Bandai and are built straight out of the box and were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and pastels.

Base - are the stands that come with the kits, I used balsa wood for the sides and then used plastic card for the tarmac and the crates are made using resin pieces from a 1/35 40ft container set and the sand is a mix of spakfilla and sand, and the tufts of grass are from Army Painter.

Ron
Attachments
dts1.JPG
dts2.JPG
dts4.JPG
dts10.JPG
dts12.JPG
dts13.JPG
dts21.JPG
dts22.JPG
dts18.JPG
dts9.JPG
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:05 am

Hi All,

While paint is drying on the Hoth turret I decided to make a small Endor dio.

Recipe

Scout Troopers - are from the Star Wars Command Endor Attack figure set and are roughly 1/35th scale and were painted and weathered using Vallejo paints.

Base is a Bandai Snow speeder stand with balsa wood sides, I used a branch I found in the back yard and the moss on the tree is some model railway grass.

The dirt is a mix of spakfilla, dirt and a little bit of mulch and mixed together and while mixing I added a little water and some dark brown paint. Once the mix was done a just started spreading it over the base.

The small grass tufts and the thicker brush are from miniNatur, The ferns are from MIGS and the small tree's are from Woodland Scenics.

Ron
Attachments
IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi All,

Finished this one last night.

Recipe

Snow Trooper - is from Hasbros' BS 6" range and I glued and puttied the joints and then covered the uniform and boots with tissue paper. The Karma is a dried piece of baby wipe cut out using the rubbery one as a template and he was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.

Turret and Generator - The turret was made using a piece of plumbers PVC piping and the upper and lower sections were made using plastic card and foam board.

The barrel was made using plastic tubes and the panels and greeblies were made using plastic card and pieces of 1/72 train set parts. The Generator was made using plastic card and 1/35 WW2 tank wheels and some pieces of a plastic fly squatter, and the power cords are some old electrical cord I have in my parts box.

The base itself is a cheap picture frame which has been re-inforced and then foam board added to level the ground and then spakfilla/water and PVA glue were mixed together and spread over the base and equipment.

Ron
Attachments
hrt1.JPG
hrt3.JPG
hrt4.JPG
hrt5.JPG
hrt11.JPG
hrt12.JPG
hrt13.JPG
hrt14.JPG
hrt17.JPG
hrt18.JPG
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi All,

Recipe

Trooper - is from Bandai and was built straight out of the box and it was painted and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

Base - is two stands that come with the Bandai figures and I used balsa wood for the edges. The concrete was done using thin cardboard from and cereal box and it was lightly sanded and then painted and weathered.

The equipment was made using plumbers PVC screw connections and lids from yogurt squeeze tubes and fabric softer bottle lid. The rest of the materials were done using different types of plastic card and tubes.

Ron
Attachments
stc1.JPG
stc2.JPG
stc3.JPG
stc4.JPG
stc6.JPG
stc7.JPG
stc8.JPG
stc9.JPG
stc10.JPG
stc11.JPG
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:46 pm

More masterpieces, Ron. Sheesh. Stop making everyone look bad!

My favorite is the scout troopers with that tree!!!

But it's impossible to really pick a favorite from such an extraordinary craftsman!!!! Wow and wow again!
hemble
Droid

Postby hemble » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:More masterpieces, Ron. Sheesh. Stop making everyone look bad!

My favorite is the scout troopers with that tree!!!

But it's impossible to really pick a favorite from such an extraordinary craftsman!!!! Wow and wow again!

Thanks heaps Lance and really glad you like them mate. I have done a few others since my last post and will have to get them up.

Ron

Return to “Dioramas”