UTINNIII's Unique Universe!

Postby Utinniii » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 pm

First up, Jeddah Streets WIP

Dagobah

The Professor
Forum Admin

Re: UTINNIII's Unique Universe!

Postby The Professor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

These are awesome! I can't wait to see Jedha completed, and I love the detail on the tank. I haven't tackled a diorama in years, but this is an environment I would love to see. Great job so far!

I also really love your work on Dagobah. You captured the creatures from the McQuarrie art quite well.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 pm

WHOA. The scale of these is SO impressive. I really love the Jedha in particular. Love all the elements, the wires, doors, stairs. etc. etc. Clearly a ton of work went into this.

I'd love to see some "close up" pictures of figures walking around, doing stuff, fighting, etc. Not just a panorama of the whole thing. Get in close, make put in some cool action poses, make it look like a movie.

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to see more of your terrific work.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm

These are great! You need to get on a photonovel kick!!

:wink:
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:26 pm

The Professor wrote:These are awesome! I can't wait to see Jedha completed, and I love the detail on the tank. I haven't tackled a diorama in years, but this is an environment I would love to see. Great job so far!

I also really love your work on Dagobah. You captured the creatures from the McQuarrie art quite well.

The buildings are done, but I want to add the dome topped boxes and make a bunch of figures. I'll straighten out the overhead wires more when I feel like it.

All the graphitti was in the movie, but possibly not where I put it. It is hard to see, but the 2 signs (clear rectangles but rounded on thin sides) have dust-free symbols on them. (In the movie they were sometimes lit.)

Build a Diorama! It is the best way to display figures. I had intended to make these buildings separate from the base so I could move them around as a playset, but decided to make it easy on myself and just attach them. I'm always happy to help out builders when I can.

Here's a tank update:

Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:WHOA. The scale of these is SO impressive. I really love the Jedha in particular. Love all the elements, the wires, doors, stairs. etc. etc. Clearly a ton of work went into this.

I'd love to see some "close up" pictures of figures walking around, doing stuff, fighting, etc. Not just a panorama of the whole thing. Get in close, make put in some cool action poses, make it look like a movie.

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to see more of your terrific work.

Thanks! It is the details that makes building so fun for me.

I will have some close up shots, once I finish the Tank and some other figures. Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath! I'm in vehicle mode ATM. Good news is one of them is the Jeddah beast.
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:These are great! You need to get on a photonovel kick!!

:wink:

Thanks!
I don't have the time (or photo skills) to do a photo novel*.

If anyone is ever in Toronto and wants to use my sets for their own PN; or wants a specific shot of mine to photoshop, I'm open to that.

* However, I do have an idea for a series like Hangers and Mash but I have to build the diorama for it first! It is on my top 5 of Dioramas to finish/build.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Utinniii wrote:

THIS TANK. THIS DIO. AMAZING.

By far one of my favorite set ups man. Nicely done for certain! :mrgreen:
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Jodo wrote:
THIS TANK. THIS DIO. AMAZING.

By far one of my favorite set ups man. Nicely done for certain! :mrgreen:

For that compliment, and your kind words in your photonovel, here's my WIP. (I was going to wait until it was 100% finished before posting).

I have 2 wires to add on the front and a couple of finishing touches and the Tank itself is done. I'm also building the 3 Kyber Crates. They are mostly done, just the middle "lids" to do. Hopefully I can finish them this weekend.

You will notice I finally added NERF!!!!

Lance, I added a bunch of figures but the photos were all crap. I'll retake them when I finish the crates.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 pm

That is dang nice.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank kew!

And Lance and Chewie, you will be happy to know that I will be taking a lot of close up shots for a Short Photonovel I just wrote.

Return to “Dioramas”