Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Raylen
If everything stays on schedule, a bunch of parts for the cantina get molded tonight. I still have to determine what to do about the piping. It goes all over the place and I doubt anyone could explain where point A meets point B with any accuracy.
By Utinniii
Honestly, I would cut costs and not include them (or have the option). They can be easily made with straws and wires. Make the elbow bends if you want though.

However, if you want accuracy, screen print a few shots and use colored markers to trace their paths. You can get them to be pretty accurate.
By Raylen
Utinniii wrote:Honestly, I would cut costs and not include them (or have the option). They can be easily made with straws and wires. Make the elbow bends if you want though.

However, if you want accuracy, screen print a few shots and use colored markers to trace their paths. You can get them to be pretty accurate.

there's very little reference believe me. For example, you don't even see the one side of the bar in the film. But I even have the blueprints book and you only get one side view and its still very difficult to follow the pipes.

But yes, leaving those for people to make themselves IS an option.
By Raylen
Just a heads up! The cantina distillery should be up for order next week. I've started casting parts today. Need photos instructions, etc. Also, I will be previewing something else in the works!
By Raylen
So here it is; The Cantina Distillery! Talk about a lot of parts. The full kit is 26 pieces! Now the full length is 11 inches but not everyone may be doing that big a diorama, so the counter is split in two and you can purchase just one half. If you get just half, the side you get may be random to avoid over or under stock of one side's parts. The "less busy" side I may even toss in an extra part or two. There is no piping included. Even using the blueprints book, it is almost impossible to trace the paths and connections of all the pipes. Some even look like they go into the back via a wall. So the customer will have to decide how detailed they want to get. Some small wood dowel rods would probably work. Instructions will include approximate locations of the various parts.

dio cantina kit 3 web.jpg
dio cantina kit 3 web.jpg (22.49 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

dio cantina kit web.jpg
dio cantina kit web.jpg (21.46 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

Now since people have already been asking me..... "What about the bar's counter?" Here's the deal with that. Yes, i intend to do that at some point (sooner than later). As most know the curved bar sections big H made were not the correct curve. Rather than a half circle, they simply round the corners a bit leading to a more boxy shape. If that is how you have your diorama set up, this distillery can fit evenly in the center. When I eventually make a counter, it will able able to take the place of the "incorrect" one without changing overall width or distance from the distillery counter. Hopefully that makes sense! LOL

I said there would be a sneak peek of another product....Or should I say product sub-line. I am working on a deal to provide some additional diorama parts that have been designed and built by another party. (So if I'm third party and they're third party, would that be nine party??? :P ) I would be doing the day to day manufacture and selling from my site. Anyhow, the first thing is battle station surface squares. These are 6x6 inches and would work really well to display model ships flying over. (The half square pictured would be doubled for production). If things can be worked out, I may be offering additional items too.

surface preview.jpg
Wow - the bar looks fantastic. And I like it without all the pipes for some reason a lot more. Leave it to the customer to decide how detailed they want to customize their own.

The space station surface is great. I've seen those online before. My main interest would converting them to actual background walls for 3.75" figures.

:wink:
By Raylen
YAK_Chewie wrote:Wow - the bar looks fantastic. And I like it without all the pipes for some reason a lot more. Leave it to the customer to decide how detailed they want to customize their own.

The space station surface is great. I've seen those online before. My main interest would converting them to actual background walls for 3.75" figures.

:wink:

Not sure how you'd "convert them". At 6 inches, you could stand them up and use for a backdrop so they'd work unless you had something else in mind.
By Raylen
"The Death Star has cleared the planet!!!" New item alert. The Yavin War Table is now up for pre-order. I'm simply waiting on final decal work on the four control panels but I can start casting these as orders come in. Its 7" across and comes in two pieces. Look for it under "computer consoles".
http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html

wartable.jpg
By Raylen
So whose ready for a bar to go with that distillery? Probably the next thing in the pipeline. After that, I'm thinking of leaving it up to a vote.

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Entertainers? Nah, it'll never be chosen. :wink:[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

I love all these entries!!! My first custom in a[…]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1

As a member of Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders, the Dypl[…]

And yes! Maybe some of the Will Turner figures w[…]

Hi, I have a couple copies of John Tyler Christoph[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Oh, boy... desperately need the following if anyo[…]