Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Darth Kikinou wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, Owen's work is amazing... but unfortunately he's not taking too many commissions anymore. I can't say I blame him, they are very time consuming. Honestly if I made the stuff he did, I'd probably have to ask a lot more for them.

He could easily command 2 grand for the palp's office IMHO, mostly for the labor involved. The death star, prolly 1.5 grand.

Shhh.... he might hear you! :wink: :lol: 8)

:wink:
By giben
that is nice!
By YAK_Chewie
Took me some digging, but I finally found the original photos from this thread and re-hosted them... these pics had been down for a couple years! Happy to find them again, and still amazed by this custom diorama - I get the pleasure of seeing it in person every day thanks to Owen D... come back to the customizing world Owen! :)

By w.meyles
Thumbs up for Owen Customs!!
There are so many things very well done in this dio:
- the 3d parts on the control panels instead of only stickers
- the straight lines of it all, very tight and neat
- the modular system
- the attention for detail in it all
and so on.
Yak-Chewie, you are a lucky man to have this. But than again, you make excellent use of them in your novels!
By dj121
Thank you for digging this thread up, and posting it on facebook. What an amazing set! All custom made and hand built. Just awesome. Too bad we will never see anything like this from Hasbro. Maybe they can make it cost effective if they come through with the 3D printer stuff.
By BuriedEgg
This is really amazing work. I did some industrial design in art school and attempted drafts of stuff like this with foam-core but nothing of this caliber. This is really inspirational for anyone (me) wanting to improve their diorama-making skills! Thank you so much for sharing this!
By YAK_Chewie
BuriedEgg wrote:This is really amazing work. I did some industrial design in art school and attempted drafts of stuff like this with foam-core but nothing of this caliber. This is really inspirational for anyone (me) wanting to improve their diorama-making skills! Thank you so much for sharing this!

It's definitely a centerpiece of a collection type of item. I did show it to DDP a while back in conversation online, and he thought it was awesome. But, not like that I have any expectations anymore that Hasbro will make anything like this - or would even have the understanding that people would buy this in droves.

By Trooper31
I love this pic a lot. This is the perfect thing for Hasbro to see, so they can understand how modular death star sets would work perfectly. Instead of Hasbro making a big set (that might still be too small for some) and cramming in all kinds of action features, sounds, and lights and then putting a price on it that will make most people wait for clearance, they could do the whole modular thing. People could buy what they wanted or even more and build their very own, customizable DS playset and make it as big or as small as they wanted.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, I just don't know if feel anymore though that it's even worth having a 1% hope that Hasbro would make a Death Star playset... and if they did, under the current management, I'm sure it would suck. Both adults and kids would look the other way.

On any note, I ordered me a bunch of these walls - 6" scale for starters, as soon as the 3.75" ones are available... BOOM! I'm ordering a ton.

http://www.galactictradingpost.com/shop_single.html

Well, I made the pilgrimage to Everett, WA and fou[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

I must admit, I really do like the look. Better t[…]

Wanted, fo sho.

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

And stay away from my Disney “friend” at all cost![…]

Retro Vintage Figures

Stormtrooper Luke blends in great!

They are everywhere across the universe. Like ver[…]

This jawa figure features pivot hips, wrists and w[…]