Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Speedermike
This is really amazing. I can not tell you how much this "speaks" to me. The size, the detail, the humor. I love the fact that it can be looked at from all side, like a true playset. I love the small, dark spaces between and under certain ares. The color scheme is also very solid. It's really inspiring. I have thought of making something along these lines for years, but time has never been on my side. After gazing at these photos for a while, I am starting to think about starting something like this.

But this, this is just a class act. Congrats.
---Mike
By theArchivist
YAK_Chewie wrote:It's very enjoyable scrolling back through these images - just awesome stuff.

I know he's made more since sharing these pics here - including a lot of bunkers/etc. for GI JOE and also some Tatooine buildings.

:wink:

Yeah I just looked up his thread over at RS the other day just to go through them again. There are quite a few updates there. I haven't seen the Tatooine building yet. I'll have to look those up.
By Tango001
I love your work, I wish I had the room to do something like this. Keep up the good work!
By EMPIRE
Well, it's been a long time since I posted an update to the Spaceport. All the ebay playsets and commission pieces have kept me stupid busy but I do occasionally try to squeeze in time to dabble with the "finished" city. I tore out all the original LED strand lighting and replaced it with probably 7 or 8 sets of LED Dioder lights from IKEA. These are perfect as they are plug in so no more replacing batteries and they are bright and super thin at .25". They actually look like a ceiling light fixture. The Blue Waffle Lounge now has flashing color changing lights to give it a more night club action feel to it. I also added additional wall panels/modules and landing platforms along with more drop towers to the ceiling of the actual room this beast is in. The playset is now officially part of the house. But when you walk into that corner of the room it really does feel like you have entered a miniature city.

And yeah, I'm still working on it....

By EMPIRE
Even though the city looks congested as hell I'm still adding more signage and random control panels, graffiti, electrical boxes and power cables wherever I can find a flat empty spot.
The more I add the more my kids play with it.
I'd say they spend about 1-2 hours each night having some sort of bounty hunt, zombie outbreak or city chase adventure on it.

By EMPIRE
This is about it so far. I plan to add more lighting along the wall and maybe on the ceiling also. I have a few ideas for back lit/flashing billboards I might try out.

By Jodo
That is amazing. I could not even imagine the stories a kid could come up with while having this at their imaginative disposal. The zombie outbreak scenario sounds freaking intense...

I think I want to make having something like this a life goal. But please, no one tell my girlfriend...
By Evilivo
Wow, those lucky kids! Sir, you've made something incredible as a custom, but many more than that for your children, kudos!
By EMPIRE
Jodo wrote:The zombie outbreak scenario sounds freaking intense.

Honestly, every time they have that adventure it always involves people hiding in the port-o-potties. :mrgreen:
I make stuff too!

Here's a group shot I took over the weekend; every[…]

The 16th Trial: Caverns of Death

Thanks for the preview feedback, might be able to […]

received my Klaatu figures from Hasbro Pulse today[…]

I agree she goes better with the theme. But I'm g[…]

TVC Skiff guard 3-pack

I only need Vedain out of this set, but I'm excit[…]

TVC 2019 Discussion

If they offer solid cases of the Stormtrooper, I g[…]

Retro Vintage Figures

These look fun. I have a lot of Vintage figures, […]