Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Raylen
People want playsets and dioramas and Hasbro's not delivering. So I have been planning on creating various diorama and accessory parts for about a year now. Due to my busy schedule, I have only just now had enough time to start developing these items. All these items will be for sale to whoever wants them. For now, I will be posting them here on the forums, but will eventually create a dedicated page on my website just for diorama items. I work as a prop maker and my work can be found at http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com On to the first item...

Echo Base "pocket door": This was actually not the first item I began work on but I wanted to get something simple out there quickly to start with. This door is from Echo Base but would work well in other sci fi dioramas, or even a GI Joe base of some sort. It is one piece made of resin. The door does not open and only has one side. So if your diorama had a wall where both sides were visible, you'd want two of them. This cast door is $7 plus shipping. If interested, please email me at ejb@holeinthegroundpro.com Please make sure to include your zipcode so I can determine the total.

Also, feel free to ask about any other items you'd like to see made. There's already one other item in design phase and another in the beginning of production. Both are larger items that can "stand alone" playset accessories so to speak. (UPDATED direct link www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html)

Echo Base door 2 web.JPG
Echo Base door 2 web.JPG (56.69 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
Last edited by Raylen on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
By my kind of scum
That looks great! I'll definitely be sending an e-mail out.
By Raylen
Jodo wrote:I'd love to see cantina chairs and tables! Or anything really! :mrgreen:

Well, I just so happen to have that on my short list! I have two other items in the hopper that I think everyone will like though.
By wally2974
I think you have some kind of a spam blocker on your email, Raylen. I tried to email you about the Echo Base door and it got bounced back. I think my second email stuck, though. Either way, I'm interested in one or two doors. My zip code is 07420. Please let me know via my email of through this forum.
By Grimace
the door looks sweet!

I'd love to see some cargo containers like were seen in Docking Bay 94 and others like in the hallways of the Death Star

maybe the things in the docking bay weren't containers, but I remember one or two of them was red and others were yellow
By Raylen
wally2974 wrote:I think you have some kind of a spam blocker on your email, Raylen. I tried to email you about the Echo Base door and it got bounced back. I think my second email stuck, though. Either way, I'm interested in one or two doors. My zip code is 07420. Please let me know via my email of through this forum.

I got an email from someone with that zipcode that I just responsed to. Might be yours.
By Raylen
Grimace wrote:the door looks sweet!

I'd love to see some cargo containers like were seen in Docking Bay 94 and others like in the hallways of the Death Star

maybe the things in the docking bay weren't containers, but I remember one or two of them was red and others were yellow

Got any pics? if so, shoot me an email. I'll take a look. Got some big plans I hope will come to fruition that I KNOW people will love. This door is probably the simplest thing I'm currently looking at.
By Grimace
Raylen wrote:

Got any pics? if so, shoot me an email. I'll take a look. Got some big plans I hope will come to fruition that I KNOW people will love. This door is probably the simplest thing I'm currently looking at.

this is the best one I could find, sorry
they don't really look like cargo containers do they, sorry about that too

I have a question about painting them
what kind of paints do you recommend?
By Raylen
Grimace wrote:
Raylen wrote:

this is the best one I could find, sorry
they don't really look like cargo containers do they, sorry about that too

I have a question about painting them
what kind of paints do you recommend?

Wow, yeah those are pretty bizarre looking. Have no idea what found object they would've been.

As far as paints go, the parts are urethane resin. Normally I prime it with Krylon Fusion for plastics they go over with the final color coat which doesn't have to be Fusion. However, these are for dioramas, not props which need to hold up with wear are tear much more. You could probably use whatever suits you. You can always use the reverse side for testing. Some doors may be cast white and others grey. My wife and I pour more than one cast product at a time and so depending on the other items being done may affect colors. Same material though.
By Raylen
Oh, and just a hint as to the next item in the works.... most people are gonna want two of them, if not several. Hopefully I'll have the master done next week!
SDCC 2019

Here's a few more pics that Lance passed along: […]

Awesome, I had a great time doing it. Congratulat[…]

Hasbro Pulse teasing?

Was on Hasbro Pulse today and noticed something th[…]

Community fodder box...

Thank you Utinniii, Super excited this has starte[…]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

You know, I really feel that they could have blown[…]

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with th[…]

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with th[…]

A-Wing Pilots Here are some customs from six yea[…]