Image Image Image Image Image

Most Emotional Scene in the Saga

Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

MasterGrievous
Cantina Bartender

Most Emotional Scene in the Saga

Postby MasterGrievous » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:04 am

What scene is the Star Wars Saga is the most powerful to you?

Personally for me it would be the scene in ROTJ when the Emperor is using Force lighting on Luke and Vader is deciding if he should save his son. When Vader keeps looking back and forth between the Palpatine and Luke I keep saying in my head "Save him, Save him!!" and when he finally throws Palpatine down a pit I feel relieved. The Empire has been defeated, the prophecy has been fulfilled, balance has been brought in the force.

Another one would be Grievous dying, but thats another story... :wink:
"So here it is again, rape and pillage proves to win the public vote"
http://thesithempire.net
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:56 am

For me it's the scene where Ben and Luke find the slaughtered Jawas. I always get the chills when Luke realizes the Stormtroopers could very well have went to his aunt and uncle. The music adds a lot to the scene.
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:42 pm

The Carbon freezing of han in empire.

Han Solo: Chewie. This can't help me. There'll be another time. The Princess. You have to take care of her. All right?

[Leia and Han shares a passionate kiss before Han is dragged towards the freezing chamber by the imperials]

Princess Leia: I love you.

Han Solo: I know.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
Grievous
Nerf Herder

Postby Grievous » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 am

The "Birth" of Vader scene in ROTS.
The Death of Vader scene in ROTJ.

Also the "Death" of Fett when I was a kid, but then EU saved him. :D
A.K.A. Artoo from JD
jacktherack
Midi-Chlorian

Postby jacktherack » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:14 pm

i know a lot of people hate the ewoks but i like them :)
anyway the part in rotj where those 2 ewoks go flying and then one of them gets up and then pokes the other one to tell him to get up and then finds out he is dead. for me that was pretty sad.
Swede
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Swede » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Ditto ... :cry:

-Swede

Theo Zissou wrote:The Carbon freezing of han in empire.

Han Solo: Chewie. This can't help me. There'll be another time. The Princess. You have to take care of her. All right?

[Leia and Han shares a passionate kiss before Han is dragged towards the freezing chamber by the imperials]

Princess Leia: I love you.

Han Solo: I know.
raziel
The Prodigal Knight

Postby raziel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:12 am

:D Hey SWEEDE :D

I didnt know you were on yakface !

I find the conversation between Vader & Luke on the landing platform on Endor quite breath taking as its the first time you realise that Vader is almost willing to listen to his son but cant quite give in to the Emperors will.
"love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
- Hk-47
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am

Incom wrote:For me it's the scene where Ben and Luke find the slaughtered Jawas. I always get the chills when Luke realizes the Stormtroopers could very well have went to his aunt and uncle. The music adds a lot to the scene.

That is an amazing scene, and when he returns to Ben & the droids after finding aunt & uncle burnt, and Ben says "There's nothing you could have done had you been there. You would have been killed, too, and the droids would now be in the hands of the Empire. " and then Luke says "I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing here for me now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father." Amazing.
Spearhead24
Scavenger

Postby Spearhead24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 am

jacktherack wrote:i know a lot of people hate the ewoks but i like them :)
anyway the part in rotj where those 2 ewoks go flying and then one of them gets up and then pokes the other one to tell him to get up and then finds out he is dead. for me that was pretty sad.

I agree completely with that...

If it didn't take too long between the launch and the catch, it would probably be a contest for me between the ROTJ-scene when Luke gets his lightsaber from R2 on Jabba's skiff and that dead ewok.

And for the PT, the most emotional scene was Order 66 in ROTS - John Williams is an genius...
"Go your way. Seek rightful balance. Learn to appreciate what you are given." - Master Zao
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Great topic... I'm going to pick a scene or two from each movie.

TPM - Ha, is there really that much that inspires emotion in this? I'd say that two points that really do are first when Darth Maul lowers his hood to face the Jedi at Theed, and when Qui Gon gets killed. Also, I do like the line when Qui Gon tells Anakin that he "wishes that were true" when Anakin claims that no one can kill a Jedi.

AOTC - Easily when Anakin describes to Padme what he did to the Tuskens.

ROTS - When Anakin stands in the Jedi Council chamber staring towards Padme's apartment - powerful stuff.

ANH - When the Jawas are all found dead... that's pretty good stuff... I also get chills when Luke decides not to use his targeting system when attacking the Death Star. Awesome.

ESB - When Han tells Chewie "there will be another time" and when Yoda responds to Luke saying he's not afraid by telling him "You will be."

ROTJ - When Luke jumps off the skiff plank, only to flip back onto the skiff and catch is lightsaber, also when Vader tells Luke "that name no longer has any meaning for me."

:wink:
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Has to be the ROTJ duel, also think Leia's and Han's reunion is good

A new Hope would be Luke seeing Kenobi die/vanish, personally i think Luke discovering his families dead should have been more emotional than it was.

TESB would have to be Han being frozen.

Prequels

ROTS Kenobi's speach to Vader 'you were the chosen one'.

AOTC has to be Shmi's death followed by the slaughter.

TPM I don't think their was one.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:
TPM I don't think their was one.

if you had to pick one you could go with death of qui-gon. though not as emotional as the other scenes you listed.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:34 pm

It's been a while since i've watched TPM, thinking about it again Kenobi's anger is quite emotional.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Spearhead24 wrote:
jacktherack wrote:i know a lot of people hate the ewoks but i like them :)

I agree completely with that...

If it didn't take too long between the launch and the catch, it would probably be a contest for me between the ROTJ-scene when Luke gets his lightsaber from R2 on Jabba's skiff and that dead ewok.

And for the PT, the most emotional scene was Order 66 in ROTS - John Williams is an genius...

Both of these! Totally. When I was younger the dead Ewok killed me, and now the order 66 is equally emotional/powerful.
Desfiy
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Desfiy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:26 am

Most Emotional Part, Han and Leia on Bespin.

Least emotional part, Anakin and Padme (actually anything to do with them, the 2 of them just cant act).

Return to “The Star Wars Saga”