Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By Darth Wolven
#60220
jacktherack wrote:i know a lot of people hate the ewoks but i like them :)
anyway the part in rotj where those 2 ewoks go flying and then one of them gets up and then pokes the other one to tell him to get up and then finds out he is dead. for me that was pretty sad.


That is quite a sad scene alright. :(
User avatar
By Crimson Wolf
#71214
MasterGrievous wrote:What scene is the Star Wars Saga is the most powerful to you?

Personally for me it would be the scene in ROTJ when the Emperor is using Force lighting on Luke and Vader is deciding if he should save his son. When Vader keeps looking back and forth between the Palpatine and Luke I keep saying in my head "Save him, Save him!!" and when he finally throws Palpatine down a pit I feel relieved. The Empire has been defeated, the prophecy has been fulfilled, balance has been brought in the force.

Another one would be Grievous dying, but thats another story... :wink:



That's mine as well.

Honorable mentions are death of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Han Solo before he is about to be frozen in the carbonite.
By zedhatch
#71220
I have never noticed this thread.

For me it will always be "Luke I am your father" as its the only time my parents let me cuss before I turned 18. I seriously said "That GD Bas-----" when I walked out of the movie. I thought either A. He was pulling Luke's leg or B. He was a cruel and evil (moreso than we had thought) and was manipulating Luke for his own ends (which is pretty close although later I thought he might also be trying to spare his life with the Emporer).

Anyway it was also the first time I felt honest hatred for a movie character (vader) and what was funny is 3 years later I felt so sorry for him by the end of ROTJ.
User avatar
By JediJman
#71236
I think the most emotional scene for me is in ANH when Luke looks out across the horizon as the twin suns set on Tatooine. Maybe its just that music, but that sense of yearing gets to me every time. I find the death of his aunt and uncle, as well as the deaths of the little Jedi kids in ROTS to be upsetting, but not sure if I would classify those scenes as emotional.
User avatar
By YAK_Jayson
#71272
zedhatch wrote: For me it will always be "Luke I am your father" as its the only time my parents let me cuss before I turned 18.


FYI, this line is "No, I am your father" :wink:
By zedhatch
#71278
YAK_Jayson wrote:
zedhatch wrote: For me it will always be "Luke I am your father" as its the only time my parents let me cuss before I turned 18.


FYI, this line is "No, I am your father" :wink:


I am aware, it was just a reference. GEEZ
User avatar
By Darth Wolven
#71341
MasterGrievous wrote:Another one would be Grievous dying, but thats another story... :wink:


I actually did feel sorry for Grievous in that part.

Quite a few scenes come to mind:

ANH - When Luke goes back in his landspeeder to his aunt and uncle, but finds burning and blackend skeletons instead. You can see the look on his face in this scene.

ESB - When Vader says to Luke "No, I am your father". That is a class scene.

ROTJ - After the emperor is thrown down the pit/shaft, the scene that always brings a tear to my eye is the part when Luke drags Darth Vader's/Anakin's dying body over to the ramp of the imperial shuttle and lays him down, takes of his helmet and his mask, and Luke says "I've got to save you", Anakin replies "You already have, tell your sister your where right about me, you where right". That is a very sad scene. :cry:
By stroebel83
#76983
I think the best written emotional scene is star wars has to be the dialogue from Obi-Wan on mustafar. The anguish he has about being totally wrong about anakin, then having to fight him, and then hearing anakin denounce everything the jedi were. That has to be the most powerful star wars scene I have ever scene.
User avatar
By blaster_e11
#81280
stroebel83 wrote:I think the best written emotional scene is star wars has to be the dialogue from Obi-Wan on mustafar. The anguish he has about being totally wrong about anakin, then having to fight him, and then hearing anakin denounce everything the jedi were. That has to be the most powerful star wars scene I have ever scene.


it's funny but i've always foudn this scene to be a bit phoney (not as much as Christensen and Portman's roleplay though), i prefer the scene with yoda where obi begs to send him against the emperor
By stroebel83
#81282
blaster_e11 wrote:
stroebel83 wrote:I think the best written emotional scene is star wars has to be the dialogue from Obi-Wan on mustafar. The anguish he has about being totally wrong about anakin, then having to fight him, and then hearing anakin denounce everything the jedi were. That has to be the most powerful star wars scene I have ever scene.


it's funny but i've always foudn this scene to be a bit phoney (not as much as Christensen and Portman's roleplay though), i prefer the scene with yoda where obi begs to send him against the emperor


Christensen totally makes things phony. the worst was the vader scream at the end
By Grimace
#81618
great topic, thanks!!
the scenes that stirred the most emotion in me

TPM: when Anakin leaves, walking away from his mother and not looking back
I can't even imagine that pain of separation

AOTC: when Shmi dies
I don't want to imagine that pain

ROTS: the end
just because it's the end of the last movie to be made

ANH: when Alderaan is destroyed
the cold heartedness of killing people just for the intimidation of others is horrifying to me

ESB: when the carbonite block hits the floor
the feeling of helplessness can be overwhelming

ROTJ: two scenes; when Yoda dies and when Vader dies
the music almost moves me to tears, and again I can't even imagine the pain of losing so many loved ones in such a short time

The Vintage Collection 1. K2-SO 2. Baze Malbus 3. […]

BLACK SERIES 1. BODHI ROOK 2. Saw Gurerra 3. Two T[…]

Walmart and TVC

I knew Walmart inflated some prices on their websi[…]

John Morog Customs - GNK-O

Well, that's strange, I saw that Mudtrooper office[…]

Hasbro's should have come with two heads... one wi[…]

HasLab Wish list

$30 would be a hard sell for most collectors in my[…]

I'm glad I at least caught episode 1 in 3D.

AT-ACT

Kind of makes me feel foolish for buying it right […]