Image Image Image Image Image

Anyone else disappointed....

Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

Anyone else disappointed....

Postby Eopie Herder » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:31 am

..that the 10th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace is going unmentioned by Hasbro an Lucasfilm? Hasbro, I can somewhat understand as they probably lost a lot of money over the assault of product they unleashed on us almost a decade ago, but to not even have 1 wave of figures out at the time of the Anniversary? I mean, I know that most people complain about the film and say they hate it, but it still made more money than any of the other prequels. But also, no mention of anything special from Lucasfilm either, no re-release (which again, I can understand) but how about putting out that special edition of it on DVD that we've heard bout for the last three years, or heck, release the film on Blu Ray to commemorate it. And again I ask, am I the only person disappointed by this?
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:12 pm

It really is the least favourite in my book as well, but some great products and figures can still be made. Boss Nass, for example, a better Naboo guard, podracers and their owners!
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Actually I always thought Ep 2 was worse but I think it was expectations, I expected ep 1 to stink I expected better from ep 2.
Updated Mon-Fri every week
Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

Postby Eopie Herder » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am

Well, apparently I spoke too soon on the Hasbro front, they said in this past q&a on another site that they are doing something small for it.

And yes, AOTC sucked. I can barely watch that one unless it's the scenes with Jango or Clones.
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Kamino was the only part I liked, Genosis was tolerable, but not as "exotic" a location in my mind.

Any parts of Padme' and Anakin I need to fast forward through.

Jango was good, but definatly his son was better In my mind. I do struggle with the "Gratutious Boba Fett appearence" idea with him though,
Updated Mon-Fri every week
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Re: Anyone else disappointed....

Postby Grimace » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I was totally shocked that the 30th Anniversary Collection did not have one Leia figure

the StarKiller Hero concept figure does not count as being Leia
99%

Return to “The Star Wars Saga”