Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

I've become a fan of the Clone Wars animated series like most of you, but keep coming back to the same question as the holonews harps on the success of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Just about every being in the universe has to have heard about Anakin at some point. Sure the Jedi and their history are wiped out by the Emperor, but how is it that no one in the Rebellion or on Tatooine ever blinks an eye at the name Luke Skywalker? Censorship or not, you'd think people would remember the major figures of their past. After all, its only a 20 year time span between E3 and E4.

Curious to know what other think about this. Do you have another part of the prequel or EU history that you think just doesn't jive with the OTC? Let's hear it!
Darth Kikinou wrote:Hrm good question. Maybe Skywalker is like Smith on Tatooine? :-)

I thought about that, but then this does not seem to fit with comments made in the Legacy series, where there is a good deal of talk about tradition of Jedi and Sith in the Skywalker bloodline. Saying something similar about the "Smith" bloodline seems a little goofy.
I guess civilians don't know who "the generals" are then. The Jedi don't individually give interviews to fox news or whoever, they're just collectively known as "the Jedi"? Kind of like we know of "special forces" or "the secret service", we know these guys rock but we have no idea who they are :-)
JediJman wrote:I've become a fan of the Clone Wars animated series like most of you, but keep coming back to the same question as the holonews harps on the success of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Just about every being in the universe has to have heard about Anakin at some point. Sure the Jedi and their history are wiped out by the Emperor, but how is it that no one in the Rebellion or on Tatooine ever blinks an eye at the name Luke Skywalker? Censorship or not, you'd think people would remember the major figures of their past. After all, its only a 20 year time span between E3 and E4.

Curious to know what other think about this. Do you have another part of the prequel or EU history that you think just doesn't jive with the OTC? Let's hear it!

Yeah, that Ben Kenobi is only supposed to be in his mid 50's in ANH and Anakin is supposed to be in his mid 40's at the end of Jedi. Ten years further back would have made a lot more sense.
JediJman wrote:I've become a fan of the Clone Wars animated series like most of you, but keep coming back to the same question as the holonews harps on the success of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Just about every being in the universe has to have heard about Anakin at some point. Sure the Jedi and their history are wiped out by the Emperor, but how is it that no one in the Rebellion or on Tatooine ever blinks an eye at the name Luke Skywalker? Censorship or not, you'd think people would remember the major figures of their past. After all, its only a 20 year time span between E3 and E4.

I think of it as the people not really thinking of the Jedi as heroes. At least the humans, anyway. Up until the Jedi tried to arrest him, Palpatine could have been a beloved figure, for the most part. Seeing what the Jedi did to him--though they never question how he survived--might give him some sympathy from the people. The Jedi were really likened to monsters, in the public view.

It's not a matter of not remembering, but, not choosing to remember them. A generational snub, so-to-speak. As for anyoned not batting an eye at the name Skywalker? Well, Shmi did still live on Tatooine until her death. Anyone who knew of her would think, perhaps, that she had more family. Luke could have been a grandson sure, but, who's to say who his parentage was?

After all, it's a matter of point-of-view! :wink:
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]