Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
Who decided Bail Organa died when Alderaan blew up? I think that a character potential for comics and the like was missed, he spent quite a bit of time on Coruscant so couldn't he have been saved?
By Darth Kikinou
Paulskywalker wrote:Who decided Bail Organa died when Alderaan blew up? I think that a character potential for comics and the like was missed, he spent quite a bit of time on Coruscant so couldn't he have been saved?

Good point, never thought of that. Maybe his death adds to our sense of loss though, just how devastating the destruction of Alderaan is. Although, aside from a brief display of angst, Leia doesn't seem all that shook up about it. Yak's Pub had a joke recently that was spot on, whereby Luke was sulking over Obi-Wan's death and Leia says something to the effect of "my whole planet was destroyed, you don't see me crying."

LOL
By zedhatch
I always thought it was entirely possible Bail and his wife were not on planet at the time. As mentioned Leias reaction isn't too sad. I thought it possible that she had spent most of her life elsewhere and really didn't know alot of people at "home" her defensiveness to tarkin when he suggested it might have been a sence of "home" even though she spent very little time there (ie House you grew up in when you were very young burns down, you are sad but not as much as if it were your house for instance).
By Arc_Trooper77
Another beef I have over Bail Organa is his role in the Clone Wars as a hero? I hope the animated series or some comic clears that up... becuase I don't consider a man who watches a youngling being cut down by clone troopers to be all that heroic...? Don't get me wrong, I really liked Organa. Esp. in TFU. :wink: Just a few thoughts?
By Darth Kikinou
Arc_Trooper77 wrote:Another beef I have over Bail Organa is his role in the Clone Wars as a hero? I hope the animated series or some comic clears that up... becuase I don't consider a man who watches a youngling being cut down by clone troopers to be all that heroic...?

Well, he did yell "noooooooooo!!!!" and really what could he have done? Gotta know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run :-) Doesn't make you a coward, just makes you smart ;-) Useless and foolish to lunge at clone troopers. A legislator like him fights with his voice. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword! :-)
By Niktom
This is certainly an intersting thought... but, I'd have to say he was more than likely on planet when it was destroyed. Here's my reasoning...

1) Organa was a senator during ROTS.... not ANH
2) Leia is a princess in ANH... thus Organa himself must be king at this point
3) The senate has been disbanded by this point in ANH... there would be no true reason for King Organa to be on Corusant
4) Leia has balls... sure it hurt to watch her planet and family get blow to pieces but she was right there, face to face with the enemy.... NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT!

I'm sure some day in the New $uper Extra $pecial Edition we will get to see Leia crying her eyes out in the Death Star cell then motivational speaking herself back to composure.

Just my thoughts on the matter :P Great thread for sure!

Also, thanks for the shout out Kik!
By JediLjf
Well, actually Nitkom seeing as how Bail Organa was only married into royalty and his wife was the Queen that would actually mean that Leia from the moment she was adopted by Breha would be called Princess, and when Alderaan was destroyed it's said that Leia had claim to the title of Queen of New Alderaan but never took it and thus the monarchy of Alderaan/New Alderaan ended.

So we can say that Breha Organa was Queen from 22BBY-0ABY and was the last Queen of Alderaan and then she must have died because she would have been "Queen of New Alderaan" instead of the offer there for Leia and Bail Organa was a retired Senator so it's more than likely that he was retired to his home planet Alderaan with his wife and family, it just so happens that Leia was on a diplomatic mission at the time of it's destruction.

And just to clear things up, Bail Organa would have never been King Organa wether he lived or died as Princess Leia was next to the throne.
By Niktom
I have never actually heard of Bail being married into royalty. I've always assumed he was the "King"... however, after checking SW.com... the term king isn't used.

From SW.com
Senator Bail Organa was the First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan, a hero of the Clone Wars, and the head of the Royal Family of Alderaan. An influential politician, he was a loyal Senator who commanded the ear of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine himself.

Though he grew to become a beloved leader on Alderaan, Bail Organa's ascent to that position was not without controversy. For a brief time before Organa inherited the Viceroy title, there was a dispute regarding the appropriate lineage of ascendancy.

Organa and his wife, Breha, Alderaan's Minister of Education, raised their adoptive daughter as if she were their biological child. Leia learned the nature of political life from her adoptive parents, as well as the codes and protocol of high court life from her aunts Rouge, Tia, and Celly. Bail's servants, such as Tarrik, took care not to spoil or pamper the Princess.

When Organa retired from the Senate, he returned to Alderaan. He reclaimed his title as Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan. There, he convinced his people to renounce the pacifism instated after the Clone Wars and quietly supported the rebellion during the early organization of Resistance movements into a unified Alliance to Restore the Republic. Preferring to stay on Alderaan, he sent a number of ministers, such as Hric Dahlney, to deal with Alliance contacts.
By JediLjf
Well Breha Organa was the last Queen of Alderaan and Bail Organa married her, so I guess that's marrying into royalty isn't it?
By Niktom
According to Wookieepedia (which I do not consider cannon), Breha is said to have married into the Queenship.

Breha was a member of the influential Alderaanian House of Antilles. She was considered Queen of Alderaan after her marriage to Prince Bail Organa.[3]
link

They cite Star Wars Chronicles - The Prequels as the source for this. Unfortunately I don't have this book and would love to actually see what it says on the matter. Anyone out there have a copy?
By YAK_Chewie
As for him being a hero, I seem to recall there being a comic book showing him blasting some droids to pieces on a ship, and assaulted some Separatist stronghold alongside the Jedi... pretty close to the end of the war, if I do recall.

:wink:
By Arc_Trooper77
Darth Kikinou wrote:
Arc_Trooper77 wrote:Another beef I have over Bail Organa is his role in the Clone Wars as a hero? I hope the animated series or some comic clears that up... becuase I don't consider a man who watches a youngling being cut down by clone troopers to be all that heroic...?

Well, he did yell "noooooooooo!!!!" and really what could he have done? Gotta know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run :-) Doesn't make you a coward, just makes you smart ;-) Useless and foolish to lunge at clone troopers. A legislator like him fights with his voice. As they say, the pen is mightier than the sword! :-)

Speeder + Clone Trooper = Roadkill. :wink: :roll:
By Paulskywalker
I always though Breha and Bail were like Her majesty and Prince Philip, he is a greek prince but married a queen and therefore cannot be called King, so he stayed a prince. So for Breha to be called Queen and Bail to be called Viceroy mean's Breha is the true royal and Monarch.

As for the senate being disolved, in the timeline the senate had just been disolved by Palps so i see no reason for Senators to still be on Coruscant doing various things such as contemplating their next move or just packing up their things. :D
By JediLjf
Paulskywalker wrote:I always though Breha and Bail were like Her majesty and Prince Philip, he is a greek prince but married a queen and therefore cannot be called King, so he stayed a prince. So for Breha to be called Queen and Bail to be called Viceroy mean's Breha is the true royal and Monarch.

As for the senate being disolved, in the timeline the senate had just been disolved by Palps so i see no reason for Senators to still be on Coruscant doing various things such as contemplating their next move or just packing up their things. :D

Thats exactly how I pictured it, I compared the very similar situation to the current Queen of England. Anyway, I still think it is more than likely that Bail Organa was killed as his wife was and at that age I can imagine him retired to their palace or something and their daughter managed to avoid the slaughter by being absent from the planet.

Also something that makes my theory stronger in my mind is that when the Rebel Alliance is fighting against the Empire Mon Mothma is leading it, however Bail Organa who co-founded the Rebel Alliance with her has no part in this, which if he had managed to escape certain death I'm sure he would have, even more so seeing as his daughter was playing a vital role now aswell.
By The Professor
I wish a better line had been drawn between Obi-Wan and Bail, but it's not too disappointing. Perhaps he serves Bail as a member of the Senate. The Jedi did answer to the Senate after all.

Bail has always been one of favorite characters, partly because I always used to wonder about his possible role in Episode III. Just picked up his new figure and Breha's.

Have any of you read Dark Lord? There's a few great scenes on Alderaan with Bail, Breha, the Droids, the Baby Leia, and Darth Vader.

Kirkwood had him... might have one left. I think […]

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was […]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

Nice job on the Ugor. Now you need to make a Squib[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Alien Pickpocket: He frequents the spaceport looki[…]

My alien/Separatist love is about to shine through[…]

I don't collect 6" prequel figures... But... […]

I've been seeing your stuff pop up in a group on F[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Awesomeness! I will look forward to seeing those h[…]