Alot of bad feedback on these movies, any opinion?

Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

How bad or good is it?

Good, an awesome string of star wars movies
42%
ok, i liked it but not better than original trilogy
58%
Bad, but still star wars.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Captain Pierce
Imperial Clone Captain

Alot of bad feedback on these movies, any opinion?

Postby Captain Pierce » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 pm

I didn't think it was as bad as some people are saying..What do you guys think?
raziel
The Prodigal Knight

Postby raziel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 pm

:) Attack of the clones is the let down I think.

To me this is a blue screen movie - anything that can be added in will be.

There are some interesting parts of coarse but things like Obi-wan jumping out of the window are just stupid. WHY?

As a writer there are other ways to portray the same event without it looking cartoonish - the OT never did. Here Lucas just throws sense out of the window.
"love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
- Hk-47
Spearhead24
Scavenger

Postby Spearhead24 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 pm

raziel wrote::) Attack of the clones is the let down I think.

I have to agree with that. There's not too much interesting stuff happening until the gunships descend... Then there are flaws like the outlander club (stinks sooo bad against the cantina) and the love story... :roll:

TPM is quite nice still, although it has Jar Jar and a too quick end for one of the coolest villains ever.

ROTS then really gained a lot of ground against the other two, shares my personal top-space with ROTJ among all SW-movies. :)
"Go your way. Seek rightful balance. Learn to appreciate what you are given." - Master Zao
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:35 pm

ok, i liked it but not better than original trilogy. I'm a big fan of the prequel movies, when it comes down to it though. There was no way the prequels could stand up to the originals. The feeling could never be the same. I think one of my favorite things that came out of the prequels was all the side stuff like the comics and the current animated series.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
raziel
The Prodigal Knight

Postby raziel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm

:lol:

I agree with you both.

I think that the thing that spoiled it for me was that Lucas used specific wording in the OT as background - we already knew certain elements of the preqels because the OT characters had referred to them .. .

Then in the prequels Lucas kinda ret-conned his own stuff.

Alot of mooks give me a bunch of nonsense about how "Anakin was already a great pilot" still applies or "you served my father during the clone wars" is happening in what we are now seeing.

This is NOT the case.

When I say that I want a drink - thats what I mean - why would these characters get their own history kind of right when recounting it?

Darth Maul was amazing & could have been more credible had he done a bit more naughty stuff.

The three way duel was amazing but the un-needed over the top jumps between platforms cheapened it, I remember the "at last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have our revenge" speech at the begining of Duel of the fates - made me shudder with excitement.
"love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."
- Hk-47
Eopie Herder
Nerf Herder

Postby Eopie Herder » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:02 pm

I love TPM, can't watch AOTC expect for the scenes with Jango and Obi-Wan and the end. (Though I hate the saber duels, that Yoda crap was boring) and ROTS was cool, but like all the films was marred by some terrible dialogue. I cringe every time Anakin says "from my point of view, the Jedi are evil". Again, the Yoda duel was boring to me. The Anakin/Obi-Wan was fun though. I wished that a few things that were in the early drafts of the script would have been left in, like Palpatine confessing to Anakin that he manipulated the force to create him, and Yoda talking to the voice of Qui-Gon.
TB9153
Scout Trooper

Postby TB9153 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:45 pm

they are good in their own right, but they dont fit the tone of classic star wars. they have their shortcomings but they are a good watch. :D
Image Image

Return to “The Star Wars Saga”