Image Image Image Image Image

Luke defending Echo Base?

Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Luke defending Echo Base?

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm

I just came across this picture of Luke defending Echo Base with a laser cannon on Wiki i've never seen this or heard of it before, anyone got any details on this scene for me?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_cannon

Last edited by Paulskywalker on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Found another picture.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: Luke defending Echo Base?

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scenes_c ... _Episode_V

There have always been rumors and images that state there was originally a scene from Empire inside Echo Base where Luke mans a gun and blasts a few wampas. The only thing that really makes most fans believe this scene was actually shot is the following quote from Jon Knoles in the Star Wars Insider 33 (page 59) talking about the game, Shadows of the Empire for Nintendo 64:
"We knew, for instance, of the scene where a wampa actually broke through into Echo Base and mauled a tauntaun (and possibly some Rebel troops) and a scene where Luke actually took over an auto-laser cannon and blasts a wampa or two. The wampa filmed in this shot looked absolutely hilarious with a big fluffy face and metallic round eyeballs. We saw the picture in a Kodak shoebox Photo CD that Lucasfilm Ltd. provided us with some time ago."
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Re: Luke defending Echo Base?

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 am

Oh ok, i knew about the Wampa attack scenes but didn't know about Luke and the cannon; i can picture it just like an old arcade game lol. N64's SOTE is one of my all time fave games by the way. :D
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..

Return to “The Star Wars Saga”