Discussion about anything related to the SAGA movie releases (OT & PT).

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
I just came across this picture of Luke defending Echo Base with a laser cannon on Wiki i've never seen this or heard of it before, anyone got any details on this scene for me?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_cannon

Last edited by Paulskywalker on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total. Reason: Found another picture.
By YAK_Jayson
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scenes_c ... _Episode_V

There have always been rumors and images that state there was originally a scene from Empire inside Echo Base where Luke mans a gun and blasts a few wampas. The only thing that really makes most fans believe this scene was actually shot is the following quote from Jon Knoles in the Star Wars Insider 33 (page 59) talking about the game, Shadows of the Empire for Nintendo 64:
"We knew, for instance, of the scene where a wampa actually broke through into Echo Base and mauled a tauntaun (and possibly some Rebel troops) and a scene where Luke actually took over an auto-laser cannon and blasts a wampa or two. The wampa filmed in this shot looked absolutely hilarious with a big fluffy face and metallic round eyeballs. We saw the picture in a Kodak shoebox Photo CD that Lucasfilm Ltd. provided us with some time ago."
By Paulskywalker
Oh ok, i knew about the Wampa attack scenes but didn't know about Luke and the cannon; i can picture it just like an old arcade game lol. N64's SOTE is one of my all time fave games by the way. :D
Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

I've been following this challenge since it starte[…]

Well...I went looking for a pig...and ended up cat[…]

Tzizvvt Arleil Schous Melas Commander Bob Hudsol […]

1 Biggs Darklighter; Red 3 2 Wedge Antilles; Red 2[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

Droids will be fun.

John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]