Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Moderators: Theo Zissou, Yakface.com Staff

digktialx
Midi-Chlorian

Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Postby digktialx » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Has anyone dropped in on the beta launching today? I watched some twitch videos game looked great but the TTK seemed a bit high. I'm grabbing for the PS4 has I type this. If your already on what do you think so far?
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToyGear
Tweet with us on Twitter: @foamtrays
Jodo
Senator

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Beta

Postby Jodo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 pm

I played a few rounds today at my friend Matt's house in between his shifts. I think it looks fantastic, and we were super giddy the entire time we both played. We're going to get together again here in about an hour and play some more. Usually we play Battlefield, but we both agree this will be taking up any gaming time we both have together once it hits.

I actually only have an X-box 360, but this title, combined with today's $50 price drop, has convinced me. I'm definitely going to be pre-ordering the Battlefront PS4 bundle.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
digktialx
Midi-Chlorian

Postby digktialx » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Jodo wrote:I played a few rounds today at my friend Matt's house in between his shifts. I think it looks fantastic, and we were super giddy the entire time we both played. We're going to get together again here in about an hour and play some more. Usually we play Battlefield, but we both agree this will be taking up any gaming time we both have together once it hits.

I actually only have an X-box 360, but this title, combined with today's $50 price drop, has convinced me. I'm definitely going to be pre-ordering the Battlefront PS4 bundle.

I finally got some time in today. They only have two game modes currently open to us in the beta. The capture the pod mode was kind of fun but seemed to get stale faster then the other larger Hoth assault mode. The graphics are excellent and gameplay is quite good. I'm not too sure about the laser guns they all seem very similar to me at this point. I usually prefer first person but this game you really seem do do well if you change it to 3rd person. I'd say they're off to a good start.
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:04 am

Has anyone pre-ordered or considered purchasing a console since the beta?

Originally I wanted to order the Battlefront PS4 bundle for $350, but I can't get myself to drop that much cash all at once. Plus I don't really game, so my 360 is still doing its job just fine. :lol:
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
digktialx
Midi-Chlorian

Postby digktialx » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Jodo wrote:Has anyone pre-ordered or considered purchasing a console since the beta?

Originally I wanted to order the Battlefront PS4 bundle for $350, but I can't get myself to drop that much cash all at once. Plus I don't really game, so my 360 is still doing its job just fine. :lol:

I did pre order before the beta since I do enjoy the BF4 series. The game was fun but replaying the beta maps over and over again I'm not sure how much longevity the game will actually have. I don't believe its a console seller - thats too much to ask of this particular title. It is early yet but I figure we'll see at least 4-5 DLCs to be added if they follow the BF4 model.

In short the game feels simpler then BF4 to cater to the more casual fans but its fun yet how long will it remain entertaining? I wouldn't grab a console solely for this title personally but thats your call to make.

-dx
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Well, obviously. :P

I've played Battlefield 4 since it's release on the 360, and have been thinking about upgrading anyway. I'd like to play Metal Gear Solid and a few other titles as well, so really I'm just using Battlefront as an opportunity to commit to a new console. :P

Hopefully there's a good enough deal on Black Friday for me to bite on a console bundle, though money would be tight because of a few recent purchases....
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Has anyone played it yet? My friend Matt and I played it for about 3 hours yesterday, and I think it's a decent game. I know there's a ton of people complaining about the DLC, but I think it's a great game even without it. Battlefield has always ran just fine for me without any DLCs.
digktialx
Midi-Chlorian

Postby digktialx » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Jodo wrote:Has anyone played it yet? My friend Matt and I played it for about 3 hours yesterday, and I think it's a decent game. I know there's a ton of people complaining about the DLC, but I think it's a great game even without it. Battlefield has always ran just fine for me without any DLCs.

I've played it and I like it. I do agree with some criticism that its a bit light on maps. Although all the different game modes seem to use different parts of the map so even if its the same map it still feels a bit different to me. I find most of the game modes pretty fun - I do like the flight battle but kind of wish it was in outer space with more stuff to fly into like battlecruisers and such rather then just grab all the powerups on the ground.. I played the original Battlefront and in my opinion it was a terrible game - a poor mans Battlefield 2. It suffered from large open maps and not a lot to do were the issues I recall among others.

I find the sound amazing, the weapons all feel pretty good. Overall its a good game - hopefully they do amazing stuff with the DLC! It doesn't displace Battlefield 4 for me though I find that game overall to still be a better game. The biggest issue with DLC is so many people get stuck in the base game that the audience for the DLC no matter how good it is can be smaller and I feel the game only suffers from it. This is more of a problem when they release 4-5 DLCs that the first few DLC's rarely get played only the current DLC and the base game. That's not specific to BF4/SW:BF though.

-dx
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 am

I'm loving Battlefront, thought more people would be talking about it here. I can't wait for the Scariff DLC to drop this week. I wish they would do a sequel to X-Wing vs Tie Fighter for PC.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:02 am

I love Battlefront as well, and had been playing it quite a bit until the past few weeks. Lately been playing Battlefield 1... which I suck at.

:wink:
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 am

I'm on PS4 as CPLCHUD if you want to join forces. I hope I'm getting Battlefield 1 for X-mas. I love the new Scarif missions, just a lot of fun, but haven't been able to play as Jyn Erso yet. Krennic is okay, I just like playing the Death Troopers he spawns.
GrandMoffHux14
Moisture Farmer

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:12 am

Really wish I had a PS4... Just to play Battlefront, otherwise I am not much of a gamer.
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager, Christian.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:25 am

already down to $20 for pc.

might pick it up soon .
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:55 am

I really want the VR goggles to do the X-Wing missions, but I doubt I will get that for X-mas. That would be really cool though.
StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:09 am

got it yesterday, downloading.

:twisted:

that Vader game they let you play as a tease while it's loading is realistic vs BF2 where you were basically superman with a lightsaber.

Return to “Games”