Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By MasterGrievous
In the recent issue of Game Informer magazine (which I got yesterday) it has an entire article about the game. It confirms that the story is you play Darth Vader's "Secret" Apprentice and you basically hunt down jedi. It also confirmed that Shaak Ti would be a "Boss" character. Apperently there will be many KOTOR-like elements, like the player deciding the name of the main character and multiple endings depending on the player's actions.

Some scans from the magazine

By Darth Holmes
When is that game set to be released?
By Darth Holmes
I guess no one reads the game forum then? :?

I picked up a copy and read through it last night. It sounds really good. I can't believe some of the criticisms by other posters here in the Hasbro forum. Jeez. :roll:
By Incom
Whoa that's a big time shift. What I don't get from the previews and such is this: you play as Vader's apprentice or something like that, right? Why do I see Stormtroopers being thrown against, into and through each and every object imaginable?
By Darth Holmes
Incom wrote:Whoa that's a big time shift. What I don't get from the previews and such is this: you play as Vader's apprentice or something like that, right? Why do I see Stormtroopers being thrown against, into and through each and every object imaginable?

The character is Vaders secret apprentice who Vader ultimately wants to kill the Emperor. That would imply that the rest of the imperials would know nothing about him or that he is working for Vader. They would probably view him as a rogue Sith or Jedi and try to stop him like anyone else.
By jedistyle
i knoow the hype has died down for this game, but i'm still really looking forward to it. the delay on the release will give me a chance to pick up a next gen. console to play it on also and the fact that this is the next "cannon" installment between episodes has me really looking forward to the storyline! :D
By tenike1
There's a pretty sweet 6:19 video on the yahoo front page about this game.
By jedistyle
that new trailer looks awsome. i can't wait for this game. it seems i'll be right there with you chewie, i have to get a next gen system as well. :)

i think it will be worth it just for this game. hopefully the price will drop some between now and then too.
By Niktom
IT'S COMING TO Wii :!:

Read here at RebelScum

From Rebel Scum...

"offering owners the unique chance to live out their Jedi fantasies by wielding the Wii Remoteâ„¢ as a lightsaber while using the Nunchukâ„¢ controller to torment foes with their Forceâ„¢ powers. "

"The Wii version, in development by Krome Studios, will also add an exclusive duel mode in which players can compete head-to-head with their friends to determine the ultimate Jedi Master."

OH HECK YEA!!!!!!!!
By Theo Zissou
just read this on yahoo. yup i'm hyped. the version i'm getting for sure.

The Force unleashes on the Wii
Next-gen Star Wars action game will be hitting the Wii.
By YVG Staff
ADVERTISEMENT

LucasArts announced Tuesday that its next-generation action adventure, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, will be arriving on the Nintendo Wii platform, in addition to its already revealed PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Ever since the Wii's unusual motion-sensing controllers were unveiled, gamers and Star Wars fans around the globe have been anticipating using the Wii-mote to control a lightsaber. Their wish will be fulfilled next year when the game is scheduled to release.

LucasArts also mentioned the Nunchuk controller will allow players to enact their character's Force powers.

The Wii version of the game will feature an exclusive Duel Mode that pits players in head-to-head battles for the title of ultimate Jedi master.

The Force Unleashed implements new technologies that will be debuted in the game: Digital Molecular Matter by Pixelux and Euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Set in the span of time between Episode III and IV, the player will take on the role of Darth Vader's apprentice.
By Niktom
Theo Zissou wrote:

The Wii version of the game will feature an exclusive Duel Mode that pits players in head-to-head battles for the title of ultimate Jedi master.

Oh yea... I forgot about that part. Man I cannot wait for this.

I'm so glad I went with the Wii... sure the PS3 and Xbox may have better graphics but the playability will be lacking compared to the Wii. Plus the head-to-head will be freakin awesome!
By jedistyle
im not a fan of the wii, but this is one game that i think is perfect for that console. and your right niktom, the head to head will be crazy cool.....

i will personaly be getting an xbox 360, mostly just for TFU, but i'd also like to play halo3. :)
TLJ Purchases and Finds

Chandler. Do you post on Rebelscum? There is an AZ[…]

I was unhappy with my Conservatory so I got rid of[…]

One of Medduwn's Equitors, Vuragh, belongs to the […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Maybe because there are more waves/surplus of the […]

Got in a pair of TVC Gamorreans yestetday from Ent[…]

EE had 3.75" TBS sale last week (one day sale[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]