Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By Incom
I bought the game and a PS3 yesterday and even on my ol' 100Hz TV it's quite impressive. I disagree with people saying when you connect a PS3 to a non-HD tv, you might as well buy a PS2. There is a real difference.

While I think 55 euros ($80) is too much for any game, I just had to have TFU and didn't want to wait for it to go on sale.

I'm not much of a console gamer (yet :wink: ), so I just picked the wimpy novice level (aka "can I play, daddy?" in Wolfenstein, for all you old timers :wink: ). The Vader level was entertaining, but so far I think it doesn't add much. He sure walks slow, and for a minute I just thought it was just me not being able to find the "run" button :lol: Could've been taken care of in a longer intro movie just the same.

The TF factory level was just awesome! It took me a while to get the hang of picking up and throwing things/people around, but after that it is just plain wicked to use the Force like that :twisted: Now I just don't throw debris around for the fun of it, no I deliberately aim to kill :D Guess I'll join the dark side in the end, eh?

Last night I told myself to play for just an hour or so, but soon that time doubled :lol:

I don't get the critique on the camera position. I just press my 2nd analogue stick and the camera centers itself. I had some experience with Killzone, using both sticks, so maybe that's my advantage, I dunno.

While this is my very first PS3 game and I don't have any other game to compare it too, I think it deserves more credit and from what I've read, it's getting it from my fellow Yakkers.

The details, environment and sound are killer (yes, even on plain stereo, I know, I have the most obsolete equipment :lol: )

I'm gonna have lots and lots of fun playing this game over and over again. I'm pretty sure I get well past 8 hours of play time, because like I said before, I'm still a nooby console gamer. Heck, I didn't even find all holocrons and such in the TF factory :oops:
By YAK_Den
Theo Zissou wrote:same here. just finished. i had to go the light way :) yeah the whole end part is really epic. :)

I have to say though one part that really pulls the game down was the part where you bring down the star destroyer. that part was so annoying.

Yeah.... really annoying!!! And a lot of people are talking about that. It took me a good amount of time to complete lol.

I went Light as well. Gonna go back and try dark... truly the ending was shocking and amazing. I kinda got emotional.... I wonder if a sequel is possible or not???
By Arc_Trooper77
Beat it this morning.. I really loved the game.. it was an emotional pincher at the end though.. I am very impressed with the storyline of this game. :wink:
By Theo Zissou
Incom, does your tv buzz with a vacuum cleaner sound every now and then? i'm using my ps3 on a tv from 99 and it does that. hopefully i can get a new tv this next year.

After beating it light way i started again and used level select to go right to the last level and went for the dark. man it's pretty creepy. not what i figured at all.

and this might be SPOILER to those that haven't finished the game.

I think maris looks to be the perfect character for another force unleashed type game.
By raziel
:D The Wii graphics are pretty good - it's slightly more cartoony because Nintendo is all cutesy but I'm satisfied, if I were a millionaire I'd have my Ps3 back to play it on as I reckon it'd be really dark in mood.

The real winner is the Wii-mote though - it can be exhausting kicking ass when you are actually doing the moves yourself :lol:

Just beat the sith guy in the Jedi-temple - that was a great fight.

I think the most awesome part so far was fighting the ScoutWalker :lol:

Still very impressed with the new troopers - I think Triton squad were cool & the Navy troopers rock.

Kotas men look really awsome - yet they aren't dissimilar to the fleet trooper but the difference is amazing!

Next up Raxus-prime 8)
By YAK_Den
Theo Zissou wrote:Incom, does your tv buzz with a vacuum cleaner sound every now and then? i'm using my ps3 on a tv from 99 and it does that. hopefully i can get a new tv this next year.

After beating it light way i started again and used level select to go right to the last level and went for the dark. man it's pretty creepy. not what i figured at all.

and this might be SPOILER to those that haven't finished the game.

I think maris looks to be the perfect character for another force unleashed type game.

AMEN! The story is so friggin awesome! I was so involved in the story I couldn't put down the controller at all! The endings rock and you might be on to something with Maris being the sequel! GOOD IDEA!
By Incom
Theo Zissou wrote:Incom, does your tv buzz with a vacuum cleaner sound every now and then? i'm using my ps3 on a tv from 99 and it does that. hopefully i can get a new tv this next year.

Hmm, not that I know of, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll pay more attention to that.

What is odd, though is that I now have two black transparent vertical lines on my screen when watching tv. And I noticed them last night, after having played TFU :shock: It's not the tv, nor my digital tv tuner or hdd/dvd recorder. Probably the scart cable. At least I hope so....
By JediLjf
I got this game for £10.00 at Game today ;), friend works there and I got a discount. The games pretty impressive, I love the storyline, it's really interesting. The game itselfs pretty cool, easy to play with just annoying that you get 100 enemies on you at once but that makes it a challenge. I'd like to play as Aayla Secura full-time, but then I wouldn't get to see all the cutscenes.

Shaak Ti's "death" was alright, I call it a "death" because on the PS2 version (I've seen a different death on YouTube) she doesn't get stabbed and she jumps into the Sarlaac, whereas other gaming (that I saw on YouTube) have her get stabbed and fall into the Sarlaac. So I'd like to think she survives, everyone else seems to have from the game.

Also I'd like to point out, for YakFinities, Shaak Ti is wearing something different to those other pictures, she has some sort of cape/shawl on.

- JediLjf.
By JediLjf
I just completed the game. I don't get it? I've got the PS2 Version, I completed it and then it rolled end credits (dierectors etc;) then took me straight back to the first mission. :shock: What am I supposed to do now? re-do the game AGAIN? There wasn't even a little story or anything at the end. I liked the storyline up until the end. WTH?

- JediLjf.
By Arc_Trooper77
I assume that is so you can unlock the darkside ending, but I'm not sure. I got mine for the X-box 360. :?
By YAK_Den
JediLjf wrote:I just completed the game. I don't get it? I've got the PS2 Version, I completed it and then it rolled end credits (dierectors etc;) then took me straight back to the first mission. :shock: What am I supposed to do now? re-do the game AGAIN? There wasn't even a little story or anything at the end. I liked the storyline up until the end. WTH?

- JediLjf.

I have the 360 version and if you press pause on one of the menus is a mission select option. :D Hope that works!
By jedistyle
i have been out of the loop for a bit, so please excuse my stupid questuion, but am i to understand that the wii system is the only version sof this game to have the lightsaber duel mode with all the charecters and what not? THANKS.... :)
By raziel
8) Yeah Styles - I believe it's Wii exclusive!

Haven't had chance to play 2P yet - been focusing on the main game but I do check out who has been unlocked once I find a new holocron.

On the VS screen Ventress has a modified outfit that I quite like, Darth Phobos is sexy/awesome as is Shaak Ti.

From what I've unlocked so far Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight looks the coolest - kinda Death star 2 Luke - also Starkillers sith robes 8)

Just beat Shaak Ti - great, great fight & I really like her demeanour.
From the Wii version looks like she throws herself into the Sarlacc.
By jedistyle
thanks fo rthe info raz. :)

i just finished up with shaak ti as well, on the 360 it also looks as if she throws herself back in to the sarlac, sort of an obiwan esque death as he just stood there and let vader take him. felucia is most definetley my favorite level thus far, though i have to say i found kazdan a bit more challenging than shaak ti, though she is quite hot in her exile garbs..... :)
By Incom
I'm still on Raxus Prime and have just defeated that huge robot. Yeah I know, I'm going slow, but my g/f likes to watch some tv in the evenings, so I can only play for little more than half an hour.

I also like to stand around taking in the scenery after I killed some baddies. Pretty funny, because Starkiller just stands there, flipping his lightsbaber hilt in his hand :D
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$2.50 is cheap - great price. Which Walmart? Di[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I just realized that there is one detail that Hasb[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles