Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Incom
Arc_Trooper77 wrote:Can someone set up a guide on how to do this with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6?

Although I still use PSE4, I do have PSE6 waiting to be installed. I doubt the technique is any different though. Let me see if I can put together a guide for ya.

Actually, my preferred method is this one.
By Nihilus_guy
I just use the Lightsaber Maker and Paint.NET. They both work well and plus, their free!
By d3v0nst8r
I recommend using this program called Lightsaber Maker.
I didnt want to start a new thread so I figure I add to this.. What do you guys use for picture editing for MACs? What I want to do is take pics of my figures crop the figure and paste it on a better looking background. I currently dont have a nice background to work with. I am also planning to do light saber effects but I have gather enough info on who to do this from this thread. Any help will be appreciated..
drod26 wrote:I didnt want to start a new thread so I figure I add to this.. What do you guys use for picture editing for MACs? What I want to do is take pics of my figures crop the figure and paste it on a better looking background. I currently dont have a nice background to work with. I am also planning to do light saber effects but I have gather enough info on who to do this from this thread. Any help will be appreciated..

Photoshop, or it's freeware cousin Gimp (not sure of availability on Mac), is the weapon of choice. It's the most powerful application, but can be daunting to newer users.

Background don't need to be expensive or complex. The majority of my images are shot against a blue posterboard with a lot of light. I use Photoshop to clean up any spots or scratches on the background.

I think learning photoshop is a great resource for showing off your customs, but I'd REALLY encourage you NOT to cut and paste your figures onto other background for display purposes. I guarantee you have access to SOMETHING that will work as a backdrop, you just need to use a little imagination, and fill the scene up with as much light as possible. Done right, transporting an image to a new background is time consuming. If you're working on a photonovel or something where you really need it, it's perfect, but for cataloging your customs, it's just going to get in the way of your work flow.

But certainly see if GIMP works on your Mac, even if it's not exactly the same as Photoshop, a lot of the ideas are similar. Though I can't personally vouch for it, it's generally the best "free" alternative from everything I've read.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]