Anyone who has talked with me in the TVC forum section knows I am very unhappy with Hasbro's attempt at a Phase 2 clone. Compared to what they are capable of, that figure was a disaster, and last March, forum members voted
that they'd rather see the proposed Clone Trooper below instead.
So, over Thanksgiving break, I decided to try and do something about it because Hasbro isn't budging and their recent presentation photos show they are still using a bulky helmet for Phase 2 clones, which I feel is beyond ridiculous.
Here's what I did... and what you need if you want to try this yourself.Step 1
- Gather the following:
- Clone VC # 45 body
- ROTS style non-removable helmet
- Hot glue gun
- DremelStep 2
- Insert hot glue into the non-removable helmetStep 3
- Allow glue to dry, then dremel a small hole into the dried glueStep 4
- Place non-removable helmet onto the bodyStep 5
- Repeat as desiredStep 6
- Take photos of what Hasbro SHOULD have made, which probably would have resulted in much greater success for TVC
...so, there you go. So easy, even Hasbro can do it (but I have a feeling they won't).
...and after a while, I painted these guys, giving them a bit of weathering. I actually painted these guys extensively, but it really doesn't show up too much in the pics.