Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Author: Matthew Stover

This novel is similar in principal to The Han Solo series, or Lando Calrissian Series. It takes place after Return of the Jedi.

Main Characters:

Wedge Antilles
Lando Calrissian
Tycho Celchu
Chewbacca
Leia Organa
R2-D2
Nick Rostu
Fenn Shysa
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo

Storyline Summary

The Emperor and Vader are dead, however that doesn’t mean the Empire’s Soldiers have just laid down their weapons and quit fighting. A former agent of Palpatine’s has been releasing fiction holo-drama’s of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and all the other Heroes of the Rebellion. He’s attempting to lure Luke Skywalker into a trap so he can take his place as Emperor Skywalker. While Luke is busy dealing with this situation, the rest of the Rebellion is in harrowing battles over what’s left of the Mindor System. Han and company meet up with a female pirate who could give Han a run for his money as Rogue of the year. Will our heroes survive this crisis? You’ll have to get the book and see.

Novel Review

I had mixed feelings about this novel. While I enjoy seeing adventures of the original trilogy characters, I seemed to constantly think If all this went on, you’d think someone would have mentiond it. Here’s a novel built around the premise that a ton of people were wiped out by Luke’s hand, and it raises questions. Why have I never heard of this protaganist before? How is this character still around?

Having wiped out a large amount of people, I think it would have been interesting to see Luke dealing with the emotions of being responsible for the deaths of so many. While the plot line was okay, it seemed more along the lines of something you’d have found in the old Marvel comic series. If you just want to read a light hearted adventure starring Luke Skywalker and friends, then pick this up.

If you want a deep, plot driven story, then you might want to check out some other books in the series. While this was good, I felt it could have been much better. I look forward to seeing Mr. Stover do more like this though.

1. Taym Dren Garen 2. Shasa Tiel 3. Vedain 4. Jess[…]

John Morog Customs

Tree-R Ion cannon neck matchbox tank cast piece on[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Okay, here's my first entry for this Yakfinities..[…]

Community fodder box...

Either way is fine with me. If the majority want […]

01. Saelt-Marae (Yak Face) (Jabba’s Palace) 02. B[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk

Hopefully Hasbro got the message with this set. […]

Determine the final 3 spots for The Empire Strikes[…]

And the Winners are: 01. Admiral/Captain Piett 02[…]