Moderators: Darth Delicious, Freebird, Yakface.com Staff

darth_frisco
Nerf Herder

Death Troopers

Postby darth_frisco » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:53 pm

coming Halloween 2009

Saw the cover in Horror Hound magazine today

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
When the Imperial prison barge Purge breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope seems to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back -- bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours, nearly all aboard the Purge will die. And death is only the beginning.

For aboard the Star Destroyer, amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn't really empty at all. For the dead are rising, soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.
Niktom
Imperial Alchemist

Postby Niktom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Oh man... that's sounds freakin awesome! Can't wait for it come out. I haven't been this excited about an SW book since Death Star.
Always looking for Vintage Star Wars Holiday Special Items
Visit YaksPub.com
Sargent Fang
Jedi Templar

Re: Deathtroopers (Joe Schreiber) cover in Horror Hound magazine

Postby Sargent Fang » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:49 pm

man, i can't wait till this comes out.
TB9153
Scout Trooper

Postby TB9153 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 pm

i hope this is cool, and not just really corny. :shock:
Image Image
gumbis
Midi-Chlorian

Postby gumbis » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:34 pm

TB9153 wrote:i hope this is cool, and not just really corny. :shock:

same
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Re: Death Troopers

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Right up the alley for you photo novelists and customizers:

Random House has announced a new contest where you can create up to a two-minute book trailer based on reading a summary of Star Wars Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber. The trailer that best brings the book alive for potential readers wins the Grand Prize: a library of books from Dey Rey! Head to Random House for the official rules.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Death Troopers hits store shelves today. If anyone picks it up, feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on this "zombies meets Star Wars" tale here.
Jayson

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:20 pm

I do plan on picking this up at some point. I'm in the middle of the Jedi Twilight series right now though.

:wink:
Chris0069
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Chris0069 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Just finished the book and loved it it! The action is fast and the horror is definitely ...grisly. This would make an awesome movie.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 pm

I've heard mixed reviews on Deathtroopers so now I'm torn as to whether to read it or not. :?:
Jayson

Chris0069
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Chris0069 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:15 pm

I hadn't anticipated a book as much as I did this one since Heir to the Empire. I really liked the concept of the Empire creating a biological weapon that goes wrong. The book is very engaging till the very end. The ending, to be honest, to me is a little disappointing. Overall it is a very entertaining story. I would recommend it.
Michael
Nerf Herder

Postby Michael » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I am sorry but I don't think Zombies in Star Wars is a good idea, what's next Freddy as Darth Vader or Jason as the Emperor, come on please, why can't we just not keep Star Wars as it was meant to be (Pulp Sci-Fi, those Saturday morning Sci-Fi serials).

It's ever since they started to introduce crap like Darth Sion and other Sith of his ilk into the Star Wars universe that Star Wars has gotten more away from it's roots, if I wanted Zombies I would read Resident Evil or true Horror Books, I want Star Wars to go back to it's pulpy feel, the kind we get with the New Clone Wars and the old OT Movies and Novels/Comics.
Chris0069
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Chris0069 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Its not that hokey as Freddy as Darth Vader. The Empire is trying to create a better soldier (its logical that the Empire would experiment with biological weapons) and it goes wrong. Sure we have heard it before in other genres, but I think it fits. Its a cool story, just give it a chance. At least its not about an alien race from "outside" the galaxy trying to conquer it.
Michael
Nerf Herder

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 am

To be honest I would prefer the Alien Race outside the galaxy coming to conquer it (it makes more sense at least they are Sci-fi after all and not another genre entirely), and I am presuming you mean the Yuuzhan Vong (which is from a great set of books).

I am sorry but I just can't see Zombies in Star Wars, to me they just don't mix. To me it's Resident Evil meets Star Wars, save it for a comic cross over, then I won't feel my book collection is missing books.
Chris0069
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Chris0069 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 am

I wouldn't dismiss it till you read it. I liked it because it takes place in the classic OT setting. I guess everybody got their own opinion. I loved it.

Return to “Literature”