Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By darth_frisco
coming Halloween 2009

Saw the cover in Horror Hound magazine today

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
When the Imperial prison barge Purge breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope seems to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back -- bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours, nearly all aboard the Purge will die. And death is only the beginning.

For aboard the Star Destroyer, amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn't really empty at all. For the dead are rising, soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.
By Niktom
Oh man... that's sounds freakin awesome! Can't wait for it come out. I haven't been this excited about an SW book since Death Star.
By YAK_Jayson
Right up the alley for you photo novelists and customizers:

Random House has announced a new contest where you can create up to a two-minute book trailer based on reading a summary of Star Wars Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber. The trailer that best brings the book alive for potential readers wins the Grand Prize: a library of books from Dey Rey! Head to Random House for the official rules.
By YAK_Jayson
Death Troopers hits store shelves today. If anyone picks it up, feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on this "zombies meets Star Wars" tale here.
By Chris0069
Just finished the book and loved it it! The action is fast and the horror is definitely ...grisly. This would make an awesome movie.
By YAK_Jayson
I've heard mixed reviews on Deathtroopers so now I'm torn as to whether to read it or not. :?:
By Chris0069
I hadn't anticipated a book as much as I did this one since Heir to the Empire. I really liked the concept of the Empire creating a biological weapon that goes wrong. The book is very engaging till the very end. The ending, to be honest, to me is a little disappointing. Overall it is a very entertaining story. I would recommend it.
By Michael
I am sorry but I don't think Zombies in Star Wars is a good idea, what's next Freddy as Darth Vader or Jason as the Emperor, come on please, why can't we just not keep Star Wars as it was meant to be (Pulp Sci-Fi, those Saturday morning Sci-Fi serials).

It's ever since they started to introduce crap like Darth Sion and other Sith of his ilk into the Star Wars universe that Star Wars has gotten more away from it's roots, if I wanted Zombies I would read Resident Evil or true Horror Books, I want Star Wars to go back to it's pulpy feel, the kind we get with the New Clone Wars and the old OT Movies and Novels/Comics.
By Chris0069
Its not that hokey as Freddy as Darth Vader. The Empire is trying to create a better soldier (its logical that the Empire would experiment with biological weapons) and it goes wrong. Sure we have heard it before in other genres, but I think it fits. Its a cool story, just give it a chance. At least its not about an alien race from "outside" the galaxy trying to conquer it.
By Michael
To be honest I would prefer the Alien Race outside the galaxy coming to conquer it (it makes more sense at least they are Sci-fi after all and not another genre entirely), and I am presuming you mean the Yuuzhan Vong (which is from a great set of books).

I am sorry but I just can't see Zombies in Star Wars, to me they just don't mix. To me it's Resident Evil meets Star Wars, save it for a comic cross over, then I won't feel my book collection is missing books.
By Chris0069
I wouldn't dismiss it till you read it. I liked it because it takes place in the classic OT setting. I guess everybody got their own opinion. I loved it.
Walmart and TVC

Picked up my final Tank Driver a few night ago tha[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Really looking forward to the next wave with Becke[…]

Community fodder box...

Does anyone know what size box we are using right […]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Ugh, I have finished so many customs and haven't h[…]

Fodder Alert!

Might be a long shot, but if anyone has Neca Preda[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Thanks for everyone's patience on the roundup repo[…]