Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By jaybo1973
Hi guys

I have been away from the Star Wars scene for a couple of years but fancy reading a good Star Wars book as I havent read one in a while. I read a few back in the day:

Truce at Bakura
Shadows of the Empire
Tales from Jabbas palace
Tales from mos eisley
Tales of the bounty hunters.

I enjoyed the tales from....stories for the background of characters you may only see for a few seconds. Short stories do suit me better due to time restrictions but I am open to ideas. Not interested in anything based around the PT or after ROTJ but may be interested in stuff that may be set between the 2 trilogies.

Cheers guys
By jaydsaber
Some of my favorite books are the Han Solo Trilogy by A.C Crispin. They take place before ANH and end right at the beginning of ANH.
By LadyIrithyl
Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.

I found it to be very enjoyable. It mostly revolved around a group of stormtroopers, and Mara Jade.

But the big three (leia, han, luke) are in it and it takes place after A New Hope. So Luke is still trying to pick up Leia, which is super creepy, lol.
By jaybo1973
LadyIrithyl wrote:Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.

I found it to be very enjoyable. It mostly revolved around a group of stormtroopers, and Mara Jade.

But the big three (leia, han, luke) are in it and it takes place after A New Hope. So Luke is still trying to pick up Leia, which is super creepy, lol.

Would I need knowledge of Mara Jade for this one though?
By Niktom
I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

Death Troopers isn't bad, good action and a nice little mix of Zombies and SW.

Those SW Tales books are freakin awesome! There is a Tales from the Empire, I highly recommend it.
By jaybo1973
Niktom wrote:I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

Those SW Tales books are freakin awesome! There is a Tales from the Empire, I highly recommend it.

Just read up on it and does look pretty interesting, not all great reviews on amazon though. I like the crossover stuff, thats why I enjoyed the 'tales of.... short stories so much.

Thinking of reading some other sci fi stuff to. Been considering Iain M Banks, Consider Phlebas and Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon.
By jaybo1973
Niktom wrote:I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

I hadn't really registered the last part of your message. Tales from the empire is the one I think :) thanks
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

darthvlad: Great looking droids you keep cranki[…]

Community fodder box...

As posted above, Stocos28 is the next person techn[…]

Now this looks way better then Hasbro version! Suc[…]

Looks even better in natural light. But oh, man, w[…]

Ewok Love

Thanks, Joosk! brethupp custom ewok.jpg

Some of the wave one $12 ones are already demandin[…]

It is an awesome figure (that should have been in […]

Ah, that makes sense. I might always have her helm[…]