Image Image Image Image Image

a good book for my hols?

Moderators: Darth Delicious, Freebird, Yakface.com Staff

jaybo1973
Midi-Chlorian

a good book for my hols?

Postby jaybo1973 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi guys

I have been away from the Star Wars scene for a couple of years but fancy reading a good Star Wars book as I havent read one in a while. I read a few back in the day:

Truce at Bakura
Shadows of the Empire
Tales from Jabbas palace
Tales from mos eisley
Tales of the bounty hunters.

I enjoyed the tales from....stories for the background of characters you may only see for a few seconds. Short stories do suit me better due to time restrictions but I am open to ideas. Not interested in anything based around the PT or after ROTJ but may be interested in stuff that may be set between the 2 trilogies.

Cheers guys
jaydsaber
Scavenger

Re: a good book for my hols?

Postby jaydsaber » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 am

Some of my favorite books are the Han Solo Trilogy by A.C Crispin. They take place before ANH and end right at the beginning of ANH.
jaybo1973
Midi-Chlorian

Postby jaybo1973 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah, I could read a Han solo one I think :) Ill check out some reviews. Thanks.
LadyIrithyl
Nerf Herder

Postby LadyIrithyl » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.

I found it to be very enjoyable. It mostly revolved around a group of stormtroopers, and Mara Jade.

But the big three (leia, han, luke) are in it and it takes place after A New Hope. So Luke is still trying to pick up Leia, which is super creepy, lol.
jaybo1973
Midi-Chlorian

Postby jaybo1973 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 am

LadyIrithyl wrote:Allegiance by Timothy Zahn.

I found it to be very enjoyable. It mostly revolved around a group of stormtroopers, and Mara Jade.

But the big three (leia, han, luke) are in it and it takes place after A New Hope. So Luke is still trying to pick up Leia, which is super creepy, lol.

Would I need knowledge of Mara Jade for this one though?
LadyIrithyl
Nerf Herder

Postby LadyIrithyl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Not. Its set when she's 19 or so. So she is just getting started with the empire.
Niktom
Imperial Alchemist

Postby Niktom » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 pm

I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

Death Troopers isn't bad, good action and a nice little mix of Zombies and SW.

Those SW Tales books are freakin awesome! There is a Tales from the Empire, I highly recommend it.
Always looking for Vintage Star Wars Holiday Special Items
Visit YaksPub.com
jaybo1973
Midi-Chlorian

Postby jaybo1973 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Niktom wrote:I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

Those SW Tales books are freakin awesome! There is a Tales from the Empire, I highly recommend it.

Just read up on it and does look pretty interesting, not all great reviews on amazon though. I like the crossover stuff, thats why I enjoyed the 'tales of.... short stories so much.

Thinking of reading some other sci fi stuff to. Been considering Iain M Banks, Consider Phlebas and Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon.
jaybo1973
Midi-Chlorian

Postby jaybo1973 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 am

Niktom wrote:I know you said you're not interested much in PT but Death Star is a great book. Leads into OT times, gives a great look the goings on and wonder character development. The story flows well too.

I hadn't really registered the last part of your message. Tales from the empire is the one I think :) thanks

Return to “Literature”