Image Image Image Image Image

Recent Acquisitions

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Re: Recent Acquisitions

Postby darthmac » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 pm

I picked up the Death Star Turbo Laser set this weekend. I've been thinking of building a ERG focus in my collection and I also love DSG's so this set was just made for me, although packaging DSG's and ERG's together makes no sense at all!
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 am

It's just Lego's method of Troop Builder getting different troops out to fans and kids. Also unique characters pop up in unrelated sets, just that their in the same movie; like Krakan in the new B Wing set.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Tonight I picked up four of those Lego Microfighters for my Toys-For-Tots project I am running in my small group communication class. I was documenting the price of certain items in some stores, and I noticed Target had accidentally priced them for $2.99. All the other similar Lego sets were still $10, but this one wasn't. :!: Now if only they'd stock the Hasbro AT-DP for $8...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
surgeopressor
Midi-Chlorian

Postby surgeopressor » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Just grabbed up the TIE Advanced Prototype from TRU. Too bad they didn't get this in before the holiday.
IMG_0464.JPG
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 am

Saw a ton of new LEGO sets at Walmart (Arnold, MO) on Friday.... just now uploading pics. There were quite a few other sets too (some Rebels related items). Another collector saw these in Cape Girardeau over the weekend as well.

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm

The LEGO line has a Lor San Tekka figure?!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 pm

I'll say it again...I collected the wrong line.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
Rune Haako
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby Rune Haako » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Got the Resistance X-Wing yesterday.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I saw the Eclipse Fighter and StarScavenger last night. Those are two really awesome sets! :shock:

The weird thing is, I had never heard of either thing. I expected they were from Rebels, but apparently they are from a new Lego series/movie on Disney??? The larger set resembles the ship designs from the KOTOR era, which have also been in Rebels, but both these sets apparently hail from this new show.

The more I check out the lego isle, and see all the old (AND NOW VERY EXPENSIVE) sets, the more disheartened I am. This really should have been my focus for all these years. Almost every single design I wanted has been offered through Lego, and they have appreciated in value substantially. I don't purchase things in hopes their value increases, but if I was ever in a pinch that would make me feel better. :|
!
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby Diddly » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:54 am

Check your Walmarts for clearances! I snagged some Marvel sets on clearance over the weekend but also saw some Star Wars stuff like the TFA TIE Fighter for $49, Resistance Troop Transport for $49, and the Falcon for $109! My store didn't have any of those but yours might?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 pm

^ Saw new LEGO sets at Walmart this week.

:wink:
Diddly
Cantina Bartender

Postby Diddly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 am

I think the Walmart clearances are sadly over, and most of my stores have replaced the retired sets with the new Summer 2017 sets. I was able to score the following over the last month:

- Duel on Naboo for $19.97 (20% off)
- TIE Striker for $35 (50% off)
- Krennic's Shuttle for $54 (40% off)
- Resistance Blue/Grey X-Wing for $59 (20% off)

I also found a Kylo Ren Shuttle (last set I need from TFA) but it was obviously tampered with, plus it weighed about 10 pounds, which isn't normal for a LEGO so sadly I had to pass

Return to “LEGO”