Image Image Image Image Image

#71: The Answers 08/20/09

Official responses to fans' questions from the Big H!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

#71: The Answers 08/20/09

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Here are the answer to the questions sent in on August 3:

Q1: In light of the revelation that the second version of the Hoth Rebel Trooper is going to be the scarcest of the Legacy Collection figures, how has this effected the distribution of other upcoming figures with running changes like the Bespin Guards and the Imperial Scanning Crew? Are more preventative measures being taken to allow collectors to complete their loose/carded figure collection?

And speaking of figures with running changes, where does the second version of the Utai figure fit in to all of this?

A1: Yes, the Bespin Wing Guard and the Scanning Crew will be released in separate waves this fall, thus preventing the problem. This is under the assumption that the factory will not forget to switch over to the new head for the new wave - these instructions were obviously ignored during the Hoth Rebel Trooper run and the results were unfortunately bad. To compound it, we did not catch it until after the (already short) run was over. We can confirm that we are looking at ways of ensuring the Hoth figure gets released again next year. The second Utai will not become the basic figure line next year since the Utai was originally only ever to run one wave, and thus we could not slot a second one into the line.

==========

Q2: This year at SDCC, it seems like their were several new items announced or on display for the first time that hit store shelves at virtually the same time as the convention was taking place (Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter, various Clone Wars figures etc). Was this a mere matter of coincidence or something that was planned in order to bombard collectors with new merchandise in a few short days?

A2: If these beat us out, it was not intentional. Our plans and labels have been baked into place for sometime before we head to Comic Con, and we don't always get revised shipping schedules when toys are that close the market. Most everyone is used to our toys being later than we want - it's a treat when some of them show up early!

==========

Q3: SDCC gave collectors a look at many new and unique figures from the A New Hope wave - even after all these years it shows that new takes on existing characters can still achieved (R2-D2, Han and Chewbacca) and the Cantina scene continues to produce some of the most unique figures of the saga and that brings us to Leesub Sirln. While she looks to be a great figure on her own, she appears to be a little light in the accessory department. Would it be possible to get a small bar table with her, maybe like the one that came with Momaw Nadon or Hem Dazon from the TSC line? It's a small enough accessory to fit in the new smaller bubble and she needs a place to set her drink after all.

A3: Thanks for the comments. It's way too late at this point to add anything to Leesub. We think collectors will want to add her on their own merit - she will not be released in large quantities and should not (hopefully) hang around too long.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Re: #71: The Answers 08/20/09

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Can't believe its Q&A time again, Shame were notting getting the second Utai maybe he'll be popped into a BP at some point or something along those lines. So Leesub is going to be short packed maybe Hasbro has finally realised which should be in smaller numbers. :lol:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm

So after producing about one thousand different figures, Hasbro is finally realizing that they should shortpack some of them... :P

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:23 am

I'm lost on the first question - regarding the running changes to the Hoth rebel and the Ugnaught - are these indeed coming out in the blue Legacy packaging? I thought Hasbro said they'd be coming out in red packaging in a future ESB wave? Likewise, Hasbro needs to clear up the issue of what happened to the Imperial Scanning techs accessory - maybe a follow-up question is in order?
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 am

darth_sidious wrote:I'm lost on the first question - regarding the running changes to the Hoth rebel and the Ugnaught - are these indeed coming out in the blue Legacy packaging? I thought Hasbro said they'd be coming out in red packaging in a future ESB wave? Likewise, Hasbro needs to clear up the issue of what happened to the Imperial Scanning techs accessory - maybe a follow-up question is in order?

There will be NO beardless Hoth Trooper or Ugnaught in the blue packaging. There will be NO beardless Hoth Trooper in the red packaging in the basic figure assortment. The second Ugnaught will be in the red packaging.

The Scanning Tech question was sent in this morning.
Jayson

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 pm

In one of the other sites Q&A's Hasbro said the crates will be a running change as well as the heads so i'm assuming their still coming.

http://hanshideout.blogspot.com/
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:In one of the other sites Q&A's Hasbro said the crates will be a running change as well as the heads so i'm assuming their still coming.

http://hanshideout.blogspot.com/

Those questions were sent in before the packaging photos were revealed so hopefully we'll get clarification with our questions next round. (Sept. 11).
Jayson

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Yeah i agree some more clarification as there is no way the crate is hiding behind the card inlay.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 pm

YAK_Jayson wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:I'm lost on the first question - regarding the running changes to the Hoth rebel and the Ugnaught - are these indeed coming out in the blue Legacy packaging? I thought Hasbro said they'd be coming out in red packaging in a future ESB wave? Likewise, Hasbro needs to clear up the issue of what happened to the Imperial Scanning techs accessory - maybe a follow-up question is in order?

There will be NO beardless Hoth Trooper or Ugnaught in the blue packaging. There will be NO beardless Hoth Trooper in the red packaging in the basic figure assortment. The second Ugnaught will be in the red packaging.

The Scanning Tech question was sent in this morning.

There is clearly some miscommunication, take a look at what Hasbro said:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/conte ... 6/#details
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Our answers our more current than those from HH. This week they said that the head switch (shaven head) was ignored and wasn't caught til after the production run was over. Meaning no shaven Hoth Trooper on the Blue/White cards.
Jayson

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Ahhh no wonder there was confusion - Hasbro changed their answer within the span of a few weeks haha - I wish they were able to coordinate with their factories a bit better...

Return to “Hasbro/Yakface Q&A”