Moderators: Niktom, Yakface.com Staff

By SITHSPAWN
Well, I hate the location. I don't mind the time though, gives me extra time to save up for it. I'm planning on going but who knows if I'll actually make it. My hope is to make a big vacation out of it and see some of the sightes while I'm in the area.
By The Professor
SITHSPAWN wrote:Well, I hate the location. I don't mind the time though, gives me extra time to save up for it. I'm planning on going but who knows if I'll actually make it. My hope is to make a big vacation out of it and see some of the sightes while I'm in the area.

Well, this is the first Celebration to take place anywhere on the East Coast, so I'm happy. I've never been to one. I only went to my first convention this past September. I got to meet Peter Mayhew, Matthew Wood, Karen Allen, and Anthony Daniels! I also saw Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy, and William Shatner. So, the chance of having a Star Wars convention only a few hours drive from home is exciting.
By YAK_Den
I am excited Orlando did end up with the Celebration. The timing however could not be more awful! I am a school teacher and that is our first week of school! So I doubt I will be able to take it off! We shall see. I really wanted to go though!
By The Professor
Yeah, it's a good date for people from up north where school still starts in September, but you are right. Schools in Florida can't start earlier than the 15th, but I imagine most of them will be starting that week.
By jedistyle
the location for celebration V couldn't be farther away from me, non the less my fiance and i have started a celebration fund to make a very hopeful attempt at going to this celeration and much as some of you mentioned, make a little vacation out of it! :)
By mercuryartstudios
I already bought my tickets!! I am pushing for 10 day family vacation, Disney, epcot, universal, SWC5 will be my daughters first convention so i'm really excited!!

I attended celebration 4 and i honestly had a blast and hated it at the same time, was 23 couldnt rent a car so i had to shuttle and cab everything making it very difficult for my purchases and extra activities but I love LA and i'm very happy it took place there. i reserved my tickets and airfare through expedia and got a helatious deal!! stay at the Westin Bonaventure 4 star hotel round trip flight for like 700dls plus i got all gourmet breakfast buffet FREE for shitty room service and horrible beds which caused for me to change rooms i met amazing people there and look forward to the trip this year! Maybe we can share info and try to have the first time YAKFACE members meet!! lol!!

By stroebel83
I spend a ton on the figures and I don't mind, but spending more to travel for a few days and have to pay for a place to stay. I really can't get into these things. I think I would have more fun at Toyfair than this
By mercuryartstudios
stroebel83 wrote:I spend a ton on the figures and I don't mind, but spending more to travel for a few days and have to pay for a place to stay. I really can't get into these things. I think I would have more fun at Toyfair than this

---------------------------------------------------

Dude i said the same thing,i skipped 3 celebrations when i missed c3 which george lucas showed up to sign autographs i kicked myself in the ass for months...so i saved moola for a year and half just for news and hope of another conventions i saved money just for c4 just to see what was to be unfolded, i spent a total of 2500dls which 700dls was hotel, meals and airfare the rest was money i charged on credit, honestly it was probably the best money i spent during that year, the panels where great, the shows and free swagger all day long, i met and spoke to john alvin which later became a mentor b4 his passing, actually his wife called me a day after he passed on it is thanks to him i am pursuing my degree in fine arts, i got some sweet autographs and pics w. tons of celebrities, the exclusives where kick ass all the way around, honestly i hope this convention being so close to me will not be a bad experience and even better than the last one, so shop around for airfare create a reasonable budget u can stick to and take ur chances man u wont regret it i promise.
By stroebel83
sounds sweet but I'll have to pass until I am out of college, maybe I can convince my wife that this would be an awesome grad present
By mercuryartstudios
stroebel83 wrote:sounds sweet but I'll have to pass until I am out of college, maybe I can convince my wife that this would be an awesome grad present

=========================================
absolutely man swindel ur way in there lol!!! been on that position myself a few times :wink: well good luck man and hope u make it.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Really fun submissions so far everyone. my kind of[…]

Here is a small batch of stuff. This is mostly stu[…]

Wow Steve you have really gotten great at painting[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]

I will be going but only on Sunday due to scheduli[…]

John Morog Customs

I saw this on FB! Very nice job man! I actually li[…]

Tessek (Squidhead) Ree Yees Weequay Nikto Admiral […]