Image Image Image Image Image

2010 Star Wars Celebration V

Moderators: Niktom, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: 2010 Star Wars Celebration V

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am

Personally that's too far for me to try and be at, but for those that are happy about this location, congrats!

:wink:
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:49 pm

That's the perfect location for me. I might just try to go...
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
SITHSPAWN
Midi-Chlorian

Postby SITHSPAWN » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Well, I hate the location. I don't mind the time though, gives me extra time to save up for it. I'm planning on going but who knows if I'll actually make it. My hope is to make a big vacation out of it and see some of the sightes while I'm in the area.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:53 pm

SITHSPAWN wrote:Well, I hate the location. I don't mind the time though, gives me extra time to save up for it. I'm planning on going but who knows if I'll actually make it. My hope is to make a big vacation out of it and see some of the sightes while I'm in the area.

Well, this is the first Celebration to take place anywhere on the East Coast, so I'm happy. I've never been to one. I only went to my first convention this past September. I got to meet Peter Mayhew, Matthew Wood, Karen Allen, and Anthony Daniels! I also saw Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy, and William Shatner. So, the chance of having a Star Wars convention only a few hours drive from home is exciting.
YAK_Den
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Den » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 am

I am excited Orlando did end up with the Celebration. The timing however could not be more awful! I am a school teacher and that is our first week of school! So I doubt I will be able to take it off! We shall see. I really wanted to go though!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah, it's a good date for people from up north where school still starts in September, but you are right. Schools in Florida can't start earlier than the 15th, but I imagine most of them will be starting that week.
Jimmy_2Pack
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Jimmy_2Pack » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 am

I'm going. I knew about Orlando about a month ago, but I was sworn to secrecy by my buddy on the inside.
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

My wife and I are gonna go for sure! I've been looking up flight and hotel info. Can't wait! Gonna make a whole trip out of it and go to Disneyworld while we are there.
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:43 pm

the location for celebration V couldn't be farther away from me, non the less my fiance and i have started a celebration fund to make a very hopeful attempt at going to this celeration and much as some of you mentioned, make a little vacation out of it! :)
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 am

I already bought my tickets!! I am pushing for 10 day family vacation, Disney, epcot, universal, SWC5 will be my daughters first convention so i'm really excited!!

I attended celebration 4 and i honestly had a blast and hated it at the same time, was 23 couldnt rent a car so i had to shuttle and cab everything making it very difficult for my purchases and extra activities but I love LA and i'm very happy it took place there. i reserved my tickets and airfare through expedia and got a helatious deal!! stay at the Westin Bonaventure 4 star hotel round trip flight for like 700dls plus i got all gourmet breakfast buffet FREE for shitty room service and horrible beds which caused for me to change rooms i met amazing people there and look forward to the trip this year! Maybe we can share info and try to have the first time YAKFACE members meet!! lol!!

Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 am

I'm not happy about the location

Florida during the peak of hurricane season - boo!

that said, I will be there
99%
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Postby stroebel83 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am

I spend a ton on the figures and I don't mind, but spending more to travel for a few days and have to pay for a place to stay. I really can't get into these things. I think I would have more fun at Toyfair than this
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am

stroebel83 wrote:I spend a ton on the figures and I don't mind, but spending more to travel for a few days and have to pay for a place to stay. I really can't get into these things. I think I would have more fun at Toyfair than this

---------------------------------------------------

Dude i said the same thing,i skipped 3 celebrations when i missed c3 which george lucas showed up to sign autographs i kicked myself in the ass for months...so i saved moola for a year and half just for news and hope of another conventions i saved money just for c4 just to see what was to be unfolded, i spent a total of 2500dls which 700dls was hotel, meals and airfare the rest was money i charged on credit, honestly it was probably the best money i spent during that year, the panels where great, the shows and free swagger all day long, i met and spoke to john alvin which later became a mentor b4 his passing, actually his wife called me a day after he passed on it is thanks to him i am pursuing my degree in fine arts, i got some sweet autographs and pics w. tons of celebrities, the exclusives where kick ass all the way around, honestly i hope this convention being so close to me will not be a bad experience and even better than the last one, so shop around for airfare create a reasonable budget u can stick to and take ur chances man u wont regret it i promise.
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Postby stroebel83 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

sounds sweet but I'll have to pass until I am out of college, maybe I can convince my wife that this would be an awesome grad present
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:45 pm

stroebel83 wrote:sounds sweet but I'll have to pass until I am out of college, maybe I can convince my wife that this would be an awesome grad present

=========================================
absolutely man swindel ur way in there lol!!! been on that position myself a few times :wink: well good luck man and hope u make it.

Return to “Conventions / Shows”