Image Image Image Image Image

2012 Star Wars Celebration VI

Moderators: Niktom, Yakface.com Staff

Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Re: 2012 Star Wars Celebration VI

Postby Grimace » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm

unless there are some new to the autograph hall actors, I will probably sit this one out

I need to see some of the lead actors from the prequels since I have most of the lead actors from the original trilogy

I wont spend a week in the hot and humid just to look at the vendors overpriced merch
99%
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Grimace wrote:unless there are some new to the autograph hall actors, I will probably sit this one out

I need to see some of the lead actors from the prequels since I have most of the lead actors from the original trilogy

I wont spend a week in the hot and humid just to look at the vendors overpriced merch

I'm not sure if there was anything there I bought from the vendors at C5. You're right about being overpriced. There were POTJ figures priced at $10! The ones that are a dime a dozen everywhere else. But I thought C5 was hands down the best con I have ever been to. Not just because it was SW, but because unlike other cons there was stuff to DO. Not just listen to panels. There was the Bounty Hunt, diorama building, and more. Fan interaction is sorely missing from many cons. As for autographs, there's a few I'd like but I'm getting to the point where many I still actually WANT will never do a con. Natalie Portman, Harrison Ford, Ian McDiamand. They could possibly get Hayden Christenson and I'd get his.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Raylen, every one you mentioned on your list is on mine as well

and I will add: Liam Neeson, Ewam McGregor, Frank Oz and James Earl Jones
99%
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:59 pm

August 2012, hum.... That is a fair amount of time, I better get to work...
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Grimace wrote:Raylen, every one you mentioned on your list is on mine as well

and I will add: Liam Neeson, Ewam McGregor, Frank Oz and James Earl Jones

Ah yes, forgot about Liam Neeson. I'm a fan of his in general. As for Ewan, someone had gotten me a autographed pic of him as Obiwan for a gift one year. Came with a auth cert too, but you know how those things are. So who knows, it may or may not be legit.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 am

Looks like another pass for me... unless they hold one in the MIdwest, I'm guessing I'll never attend one. But even then, I don't know how interested I'd even be if it were held in my own city!

I'm kinda weird that way... I enjoy Star Wars in my own way... to me it's a creative outlet more than even a love for Star Wars (customizing, diorama building, photonovels, etc.).

I've actually really been enticed to move onto GI JOE the past couple years...!

:wink:
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Very interested in attending, my daughter will be 3 1/2 by then and we could make it a family vacation and hit disney while we are out there.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
raydarth71
Midi-Chlorian

Postby raydarth71 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

There is no doubt I am going I went to CV last year and it was the best one yet! This will be my fourth one and diffidently not my last. No matter what kind of fan of Star Wars you are it is an event that you will enjoy thoroughly. These Celebrations offer so much to all kinds of fans! The location really doesn't matter to me I live in Oregon and it just gives me a reason to travel our beautiful country! Good luck to all that can go and hope to see you there!
RedKnight
Midi-Chlorian

Postby RedKnight » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:47 am

I believe I'm going to make this one. Did C5 and it was a blast. Looking forward to going again. Did my first SWW this year too. Got to see Georgie boy and Anthony Daniels. I could do all of these events if the time and resources were always there.
echo-3
Midi-Chlorian

Postby echo-3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 am

I cant wait to see Orlando again. It was the BEST Celebration IMO. Sure it was Hot but everyone and everything was outstanding there. Already have hotel booked and just waiting on air fair to open . This time Im taking my 10 year old son. It will be his 2nd conn aftter CII , He was 15 months then.
echo-3
Midi-Chlorian

Postby echo-3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 am

Grimace wrote:unless there are some new to the autograph hall actors, I will probably sit this one out

Let me say this, Im from Indiana and the heat was almost the same here then it was in Orlando. Everything is inside air conditioning ,NO standing outside for anything. And I personal thought the vender area was VERY well priced with one exception vender. Instead of talking your self out of going,try talking yourself into going. You wont be disappointed.
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

echo-3 wrote:Let me say this, Im from Indiana and the heat was almost the same here then it was in Orlando. Everything is inside air conditioning ,NO standing outside for anything. And I personal thought the vender area was VERY well priced with one exception vender. Instead of talking your self out of going,try talking yourself into going. You wont be disappointed.

I've been to every Celebration except the one in Denver

I want to go, but to justify the expense and taking the time off work, I need to get lots of new autographs

and of course I would spend a day in the Hasbro line to make sure I get the promo stuff and any exclusives for sale
99%
TradeFederationSympathy
Pod Racer

Postby TradeFederationSympathy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:41 pm

I just requested my days off for celebration. Now I just have to save up enough money to actually go!
DarthTad
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthTad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:40 am

Has anyone heard any updates about this? It seems like last time there was a lot more info available for CV this time of year. Or am I just being too ansy?

Either way I'm planning on getting everything booked up in the next couple of day, I'm just finalizing plans with a buddy who will be flying out with me.

Can't wait! My resolution this time is to go to a few panels, and hook up with friends, and hit the room sales. Last tie was my first, so I got too caught up in the exhibit hall and autograph lines to really do a whole lot of anything else.

Also, does anyone know yet what hotel the room sales will be at? I know finding rooms now is hard, but I'm hoping to get lucky with a cancellation at the right hotel.
"Something, something, something, Dark Side. Something, something, something, complete."
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 am

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed as if last Celebration had a lot more hype behind it. From the time they announced it all the way up to it. So far they have not even announced guests for C6. Maybe having only 2 years between the two means less excitement about it? Celebration 5 was my favorite con of all time and I can't wait for C6. I just wish they do something to get me really excited. Maybe a change of venue wouldve helped.

Return to “Conventions / Shows”