Moderators: Niktom, Yakface.com Staff

By darthmac
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:So, do we have Luke's X-Wing coming in Vintage packaging in 2013?, RS is reporting this "rumor" :D

That would be cool, I'd finally have to get myself a modern xwing.
By Paulskywalker
It seems from what is coming in Hasbro are putting on their depressed face and blaming Lucasfilm; i ain't falling for it unlike some sites. They've promised some amazing stuff next year, from the presentation there is some good stuff BAD figures and Deluxe and the Slave 1 sneak peak but the rest.... So if this hint is the amazing stuff roll on next year!!
By darthmac
Paulskywalker wrote:It seems from what is coming in Hasbro are putting on their depressed face and blaming Lucasfilm; i ain't falling for it unlike some sites. They've promised some amazing stuff next year, from the presentation there is some good stuff BAD figures and Deluxe and the Slave 1 sneak peak but the rest.... So if this hint is the amazing stuff roll on next year!!

Over producing the TPM figure, yeah I think Lucasfilm had their hand in it (and have thought this for quite a while), but case assortments going forward with wave 11 & 12, Hasbro has no one to blame but themselves. I really hope what they have said about not over producing wave 1 of the legacy collection (2013) is true, as they have sunk three lines with this disastrous strategy.
By Paulskywalker
Add to this according to Hasbro and pics at RS the medium vehicle line are all new and smaller to cut back on costs, WTH!!! As someone said over at RS they said tooling was expensive and repaints were to keep costs down so why redo three existing vehicles and make them crappier!! They just don't seem to get it, over pricing and poor selection caused problems with this line, so making them poorer is not going to help.

Oh yeah and the price has just gone up for the crap repacks here to £34.99, how much i bet you all the price doesn't go down even though the vechicles get smaller; i get the feeling more and more collectors aren't welcome anymore.
By darthmac
If hasbro is going to ask collectors to take a hiatus, as their new announcements seem to indicate, how do they plan on getting those collectors back when they leave the hobby?

How about a 2013 VTLC wave, just 6 new figures?!?
By darthmac
Per yakface's post in fb, Yakface is one of the first figures to be slotted in when vintage returns (paraphrase). Yay, finally one of the vintage figures with a interesting history will finally be made! That first wave should also include Jawa and blue Snaggletooth....and the Emperor (ROTJ)... and maybe a Ewok Village Leia....
By Paulskywalker
Well thats the thing ain't it, what kind of company drives their customers away. Only Hasbro could make this look good in comparison to next year.

When will Vintage return though?
By Paulskywalker
Hasbro 'So great news guys, you'll get your much desired Yakface in about 3-4 years, hurry for Hasbro'.

This is just so stupid, it just gets worse and DDP is the devil in disguise. Everyone is saying how he says exciting stuff will be revealed and then we get rubbish, this rubbish is exciting to him sadly!!

The site is really buzzing with excitement over all this goodness!! :wink:
By darth_sidious
The thing with Hasbro is that they talk a lot, but they dont say much. A number of them are like politicians, they have polished answers to questions...we're talking about toys...I think its sorta silly. Like some of the other toy / collectible companies out there - its best to be open and direct with your consumers. DePriest seemed genuine in the podcast interview with many of his responses, so I have to give him that...
By Raylen
I'm at Celebration now and while I didn't get to talk to Depriest (saw him there), I heard my wife talking to another employee saying how she hates doing toy runs with me cause of the horrible distribution. LOL. I then told the employee I needed to look at all the figures in the cases since I'll never see them in stores. :P

The new speeder bike looks really awesome and is actually a bit smaller which I guess is more to scale. Some of the last wave (online only) figures look really well done like Nien Numb. The Ewok 2 pack and AT ST drivers looked ok. Didn't give a crap about Movie Heroes. They had their BAD droid parts swap again which was cool as it allowed me to complete a droid and gain a couple parts on another. Jocasta Nu looked great but Brains Toys can bite me.
By Paulskywalker
Hasbro have announced they are going to make SW Detours figures for the new CGI series and that in future they are hoping to reduce the size of figures to 3 inches as they have found kids find 3 3/4 inch figures to cumbersome and it will help with pricing... :shock: (This was a poor attempt at a joke by the way.)

I just don't get how DDP has caused all these problems these past few years, then he does a couple of interviews and sweet talks people into thinking he's ok; is their some Men in Black trickery going on?
By Raylen
Paulskywalker wrote:Hasbro have announced they are going to make SW Detours figures for the new CGI series and that in future they are hoping to reduce the size of figures to 3 inches as they have found kids find 3 3/4 inch figures to cumbersome and it will help with pricing... :shock:

I just don't get how DDP has caused all these problems these past few years, then he does a couple of interviews and sweet talks people into thinking he's ok; is their some Men in Black trickery going on?

I had only heard vehicles were going smaller, not figures, but I could be wrong. Doing so with figures would almost be a shut out to all existing collectors of 3 3/4. A great jumping off point and not sure they could afford to drive away almost every current collector. I'm not collecting figs that can't fit in with my existing collection. This violent back and forth market strategy is crazy. "no big vehicles... Now super big vehicles... Now many super big vehicles... Now smaller everything!". They can't seem to get their act together!
By Paulskywalker
:cry: My bad, i thought people would get this was a joke.. Really sorry.

Well, I made the pilgrimage to Everett, WA and fou[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

I must admit, I really do like the look. Better t[…]

Wanted, fo sho.

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

And stay away from my Disney “friend” at all cost![…]

Retro Vintage Figures

Stormtrooper Luke blends in great!

They are everywhere across the universe. Like ver[…]

This jawa figure features pivot hips, wrists and w[…]

Time for another update. Here are some Jedi/Rebels[…]