Moderators: Niktom, Yakface.com Staff

By darthapathy
I didn't see a thread for this yet so I thought I would start one. SDCC is just days away. What is everyone hoping to see? Me personally, I would like to see Hasbro keep the Jabba train a rolling and show us some more figures from that subsetb especially Bib Fortuna. I would like to see more playsets as well.
By Jodo
I don’t even know what to expect anymore because I’ve been let down so many times, but then surprised by stuff like the Jabba Palace playset. :thinking: Hopefully they show some cool stuff. With the Disney gag on any new content being revealed for new movies/shows, there is seldom any excitement at cons anymore...

Honestly, I’m hoping Mattel shows some cool Jurassic Park stuff.
By YAK_Chewie
Thanks for starting up a thread on this.

It's so hard to have any sort of idea on what to expect anymore. But, here's what I am thinking:

TVC - we'll get a handful of reveals, nothing too shocking... but *maybe* a second part of Jabba's playset revealed

TBS - same as TVC... some reveals, but nothing too exciting... my interest for this line is dropping fast

Galaxy of Adventures 5" line - I think we're going to see a lot of Hasbro's focus on this line...

GTP Toys - This is what I'm most looking forward to now that they have an official partnership with Disney...

:wink:
By Lance Quazar
Hoping we get at least one or two more TVC figures between now and the embargoed Episode 9 figures.

Would love some kind of other big reveal in the TVC world, either another vehicle (a la the skiff or assault tank) or another surprise playset!

I will temper my expectations, though. Since I'll be going to the Con, my focus will be on getting the Luke pack and hopefully the John Hammond exclusive if it's still available (sadly, I won't be there until Saturday, so I worry a little about missing some exclusives.)
By darthapathy
Jodo wrote:Honestly, I’m hoping Mattel shows some cool Jurassic Park stuff.

Are you hoping for more dinos or more figures? It would be cool if they did photo realistic versions of JP III figures. You could get a Paul Kirby and use them for some fantastic William H Macy customs. Fargo anyone? :wink:
By Jodo
darthapathy wrote:

Are you hoping for more dinos or more figures? It would be cool if they did photo realistic versions of JP III figures. You could get a Paul Kirby and use them for some fantastic William H Macy customs. Fargo anyone? :wink:

I’m definitely hoping for more figures and vehicles. They can still offer the Explorers, the Jeep variants, and literally any figures from TLW and JP3. One thing they haven’t considered are army builders either. I’d buy a ton of generic park staff and ACU members. The only dinosaurs that come to mind would be the apatosaurus and Corythosaurus. There are a few others, but I’d be happy to get these. I only collect the dinosaurs as seen in the movies, and they’re getting down to the end of the list (thankfully)!
By darth_sidious
I'm hoping there are some TVC reveals outside of Jabba's Palace, unless its a brand new alien. While I adore those scenes and all the alien goodness, I want some other fan favorites to be given attention. If they revealed Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo alongside a brand new Emperor for TVC, I think thousands of fans would be thrilled. They are the next highest ranking OT characters on the Fans Choice Poll, so heres hoping.
By Lance Quazar
darthapathy wrote:

Years ago, while goofing off with some customs, I stuck a JP3 William H. Macy head on a POTF2 Tarkin body.

For some reason, I still have it, boxed up with all my "proper" imperial figures and it never ceases to make me chuckle seeing him among them.
By Lance Quazar
darth_sidious wrote:I'm hoping there are some TVC reveals outside of Jabba's Palace, unless its a brand new alien. While I adore those scenes and all the alien goodness, I want some other fan favorites to be given attention. If they revealed Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo alongside a brand new Emperor for TVC, I think thousands of fans would be thrilled. They are the next highest ranking OT characters on the Fans Choice Poll, so heres hoping.

We are in the "Year of Jabba", though so I kinda hope we get a few more needed figures and/or playsets from that part of the franchise, then they can basically put it to bed...forever.
By darth_sidious
Lance Quazar wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:I'm hoping there are some TVC reveals outside of Jabba's Palace, unless its a brand new alien. While I adore those scenes and all the alien goodness, I want some other fan favorites to be given attention. If they revealed Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo alongside a brand new Emperor for TVC, I think thousands of fans would be thrilled. They are the next highest ranking OT characters on the Fans Choice Poll, so heres hoping.

We are in the "Year of Jabba", though so I kinda hope we get a few more needed figures and/or playsets from that part of the franchise, then they can basically put it to bed...forever.

It certainly seems that way, but TVC at its core isn't a line that focuses on a singular theme. I hope we see more variety, because there is no guarantee we'll even have a TVC line beyond 2020. I think fan favorite character selection should go back to the TVC roots and include animated characters as well, especially with CW returning, and Ahsoka being hugely popular. Ideally, before and after ROS, I'd like waves with OT, PT, ST, CW, and EU fan favorites - give the fans what they want. My first priority is seeing Sim Aloo and the Emperor in TVC though.
By darthapathy
Lance Quazar wrote:
darthapathy wrote:

Years ago, while goofing off with some customs, I stuck a JP3 William H. Macy head on a POTF2 Tarkin body.

For some reason, I still have it, boxed up with all my "proper" imperial figures and it never ceases to make me chuckle seeing him among them.

That is awesome. You should totally post a picture. I put the JP III William H. Macy head on an A-Wing pilot body. I thought I had posted it before in my customs thread but I hadn't (had to go through 22 pages to discover that :wink: ). The date/time stamp said 1/22/2013 3:51 p.m.
Attachments
A-Wing Pilots; Endor.JPG
Add description
A-Wing Pilots; Endor.JPG (63.98 KiB) Viewed 540 times
By Lance Quazar
darthapathy wrote:That is awesome. You should totally post a picture. I put the JP III William H. Macy head on an A-Wing pilot body. I thought I had posted it before in my customs thread but I hadn't (had to go through 22 pages to discover that :wink: ). The date/time stamp said 1/22/2013 3:51 p.m.

Ha, thanks! I find the contrast between William H Macy's meek persona (the essence of which is totally captured by the figure) and the Imperial uniform to be consistently amusing.

He totally works as an A-Wing pilot!

I would post a pic, but photobucket has gone from slapping a seriously annoying watermark on my pictures to now just blurring them out completely. (see my signature image.)

So I'm on the lookout for a new (free) photo hosting service. Until then, not gonna be posting much of anything!
By darthapathy
darth_sidious wrote: If they revealed Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo alongside a brand new Emperor for TVC, I think thousands of fans would be thrilled. They are the next highest ranking OT characters on the Fans Choice Poll, so heres hoping.

I would like to see those as well. Sim Aloo can be released on a card but Emperor Palpatine needs to be released in another way. Ideally, they can bring back the Deluxe/Ultra format like they had in previous lines. A battle pack could be the way to go but they'd probably put a few repacks that people wouldn't want to pay for just to get Palpatine and his throne.

I vote they make a deluxe line called the Figure and Furniture line. They can do Palpatine and his throne, Snoke and his throne, Grumgarr and his chair. :wink:
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$2.50 is cheap - great price. Which Walmart? Di[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I just realized that there is one detail that Hasb[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles