Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Niktom
Oh man... I've never seen the Palitoy ones.

I have several on a DVD but they are all US release.

Oh the memories...

Too bad the acting in the movies was never that good. :P
By Darth Kikinou
Ah yes, I have a very vivid memory of being smitten by a commercial for the Slave-1 vehicle. It featured two young lads re-creating the relevant scene in ESB, having a jolly ole' time. Yes, the marketeers got their claws into me at a tender age, an impressionable age, I was all of 8 or so and after seeing that commercial my life was never the same. Next thing ya' know I'm hitting my parents up for expensive pieces of plastic to play with, sticks and sand aren't enough anymore. And I also needed some Frosted Flakes and Ho-Ho's too. Irreversibly poisoned. Christmas came and I got a AT-AT, oh the joy. And then for my birthday I got the Millenium Falcon. Never did get the Slave-1, but I liked what I did get, didn't miss it.
By Incom
Then this one's for you, Kikinou:

Say, does anybody know if I can embed a YouTube video in a post? I tried the embedding code of the movie, but that didn't work.
By Niktom
Incom wrote:
Say, does anybody know if I can embed a YouTube video in a post? I tried the embedding code of the movie, but that didn't work.

Nope. I asked a while back. Either php doesn't support it, it bogs down the forums too much, or something like that. Can't really remember what the reason was but it was a very valid one as I recall.
By Darth Kikinou
Niktom wrote:
Incom wrote:Say, does anybody know if I can embed a YouTube video in a post? I tried the embedding code of the movie, but that didn't work.

Nope. I asked a while back. Either php doesn't support it, it bogs down the forums too much, or something like that. Can't really remember what the reason was but it was a very valid one as I recall.

The reason is because the post editing system does not allow generic HTML tags so the <object> tag that is needed to embed videos is "escaped", this is to prevent people from putting malicious stuff or ads and junk in their posts. The embedding of these videos is independent of the server side (PHP) nor does it affect the performance of the forum at all, it uses Youtube's servers to actually fetch the video stream (which is why it's so cool ;) ) and your browser is what actually does the work of playing the videos.
By Darth Kikinou
Incom wrote:Then this one's for you, Kikinou:

Haha that's the one, exactly the one. My life hasn't been the same since. I've rebelled against the marketing demons though, I watch very little commercial television and when I do I skip through the commercials thanks to my TiVo! (hah! The irony, here I just plugged an advertised PRODUCT to boast how I don't take influence for products haha)
By Incom
Yeah, and how about the line "place him in the prisoner detention unit!". Must've been from an early ESB script, eh?

Anyway, on to the "death defying speeder bike chase":

I'll try to post a new one each day. You can also look them up at YouTube of course, but I don't mind keeping this up to date :wink:
By Darth Kikinou
Incom wrote:Yeah, and how about the line "place him in the prisoner detention unit!". Must've been from an early ESB script, eh?

Anyway, on to the "death defying speeder bike chase":

I'll try to post a new one each day. You can also look them up at YouTube of course, but I don't mind keeping this up to date :wink:

Yes please! :)
By Gorkoracing
I've got a link to one or 2 lili ledy sw commercials I'll try to dig up and post.
By Incom
Sweet, I'll keep ya warm with a figure..... that you can take apart and put back together! Blimey!

By Incom
Away put your weapon!

By Darth Kikinou
Incom wrote:Away put your weapon!

Haha love it. I liked the Dagobah playset with Yoda's hut too. I love the music in these commercials, it's funn'ay.
By Incom
Never had any playset when I was a kid, but they sure looked cool. I only have Jabba and his throne, which is kind of a playset.
HasLab Wish list

I'd pay 30 dollars a pop for characters that haven[…]

Thanks, man! Appreciate the kind words... and the[…]

John Morog Customs - GNK-O

Nice job on Maron Namony. Love the look... would […]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Winding down on my droid factory for the holidays.[…]

Here is my list: 1. Yosh Calfor 2. Krennic 3. Tren[…]

I predict Walmart TVC rollback in January. :wink[…]

Great looking stuff as usual. I have a custom t[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]