Image Image Image Image Image

Niub Niub

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Niub Niub

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Just a heads up to our readers here, over at www.jedidefender.com we have been discussing with Niub Niub (Frank) the possibility of including the UGP into his already allocated space for C4. With the hassels we've had and the uncertainty, I'd like to see how many people are in favor of this. I definitely am!

Head on over to www.niubniubsuniverse.com for information on this post from him main page -

CELEBRATION IV : VISITORS DIORAMAS NEEDED
Since I couldn't carry my Dioramas with me on the plane, I won't have any of my scenes on display at Celebration IV, so this year MORE THEN EVER, I need YOUR help. If you are attending Celebration IV, Have created an ultra cool Diorama that you can bring with you to L.A., then Send me some pics. I would LOVE to offer you a display space in the Workshop. Imagine how you can inspire others to join in the fun we have building in our little community

I was able to get in contact with him recently and now that he is aware of what we are doing, he has been offering support to us over at the forums at JD. We have been chatting with him on this and so far it sounds like this is a definite possibility!

This is GREAT NEWS everyone, and we'll continue to keep the communication coming to our forum as well, but definitely keep and eye on things at JD, and on the front pages of both sites as well for what we are hoping will be some really good news.

As a thank you to what he is offering for us, I would suggest that if anyone is able to assist him on his project, to do so IF you can. He is in need of many Endor army builders for his Endor Diorama that he is going to be building at C4, and we should return the favor in any way we can.

:wink:
Last edited by YAK_Chewie on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:55 am

I am 100% in favor of this. I think its the way to go.
smartypants1635
Droid

Postby smartypants1635 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Yeah alright, if we cant get a booth for free,lets definately take him up on his offer.
....... What?
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:13 pm

OR:

If we get a booth w/in sight of the Nuibster's area, we could have the Rebel Camp in the booth, and then the city, with it's 3 STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL towers, over at Nuib's place!+

Specially seein' as how Nuib doesn't seem to think anything bigger that 9'x6' would be too good...

8)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:04 am

I saw we go with 6x9 - I don't think we can afford to be too picky at this point...

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks to Frank, we definitely have space now guys, this is 100% confirmed.

We have to finalize dimensions swiftly!

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:45 pm

sounds great! with that, what else do we need to get done?
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:04 am

A lot! :shock: :wink:

How do you feel about creating some small foamcore buildings Jedistyle?

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 pm

to be quite honest i haven't really worked on buildings before and am' not positive what exactly foamcore is, so if you could show me some examples of what it is and where i can get it, i'd be more than happy to give it a try!

what sort of buildings am i making?

what are the dimensions?

is there a color scheme/style?
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:29 pm

Sure - no problem.

Foam core is kind of like poster board with a foam material in middle, giving it strength -

Walmart carries it and so do hobby stores.

Check this out for some really cool information on it -

http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/making ... ice_01.asp

If you haven't worked with it, it might be hard to try and get something made with this short of notice, but heck what do I know...

I'll get you some more information soon hopefully, but Ryan at Jedidefender is running most of the information on the buildings.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:34 am

Here's the latest map layout that Ryan did -

How you feel about making the droid junkyard perhaps? I could send you some droids for fodder perhaps?

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:55 pm

yea, i could do up a droid junk yard, for this project. it looks to be just an open junkyard with a single front room for the dealer right?

what are the dimensions and color scheme we need?

BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Wow, this has changed a lot since Glassman's drawing. I'm trying to get caught up and it looks like I need to hit JD next!

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”