Image Image Image Image Image

UGP - A whole Star Wars World - News thread

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Darth_Ennis
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darth_Ennis » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:58 am

So has this been finallised? Do we actually have the website now?
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:11 am

I'm pretty sure that the space is now available. However, I think he was waiting for someone to work on the design of the website, etc. I'm sure there are still a bunch of behind the scenes activities.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am

I wish I had more time right now to work on stuff for this. Unfortunately my work is the busiest I've ever seen since I've been here. I'd love to help on the site, but I don't know much about coding/html. I could work on banners/ideas though when I get more time.

:wink:
patreektherodian
Midi-Chlorian

Postby patreektherodian » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 am

Please check out my proposal in the website name thread.
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Yes sir! It is official, space IS available, and elmeaux has offered up some kick-butt talent for coding (some real good looking sites!).

But, like the rest of us, elmeaux's slightly busy. HOWEVER, we will get this off the ground - and soon... :twisted: , er, I mean 8)
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am

I just got a lead!

Hello! The exhibitor information is just being finalized and should be on the website by next week. I can also mail you a packet if you send me your address. Thanks! There may be fan booths but those will be handled by Mary Franklin.

I'vd asked for the exhibitor information and emailed Mary Franklin about fan booths. Keep your fingers crossed.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
This message is brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:39 pm

Great update Phruby. Hopefully this is the break-through we needed!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:26 pm

Awesome work Phruby!!

:wink:
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:08 pm

We now have a deadline for getting the web site up and running. (even initally)

NOVEMBER 17, 2006

This is the day fan group submissions MUST be submitted for C4.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:10 pm

Great news Phruby. We need everyone to come together to get this set-up very slick looking in order to present a "professional" arrangement.
smartypants1635
Droid

Postby smartypants1635 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:01 pm

Ok almost 3weeks. I'm gonna try and brush up on my HTML coding and see what I can put together to help take some stress off of Pendragon.
....... What?
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:09 am

Awesome work indeed!

And thanks for the offer Smarty! :D But I think I got us somewhat covered. and as I mentioned over at the almost dead JD (and man, that lack of activity makes me very, very sad):
I begin work tomorrow night!

Also, it seems that we have at least 4 others willing to share their talent & time on this. So I'll be contacting folks as soon as I get a solid plan together.

We WILL, at very least, have a front page designed, hosted, & visible before the 17th.

Guess this makes me the web team manager, huh?

I don't mean to appoint myself, and if anyone else desperately wants this, by all means, go to it! But I think we're gonna need some organization to this, and I've finally got the time to devote to it, so I volunteer. 8)

For right now, I'd really like some ideas on what y'all'd like to see for a layout.

While I'd especially like to hear from the folks that have offered to help in the web department (Elmeaux, Smarty, Darth Deastron, M_P, Patreektherodian, and anyone else I may have missed), I'd love to hear what any net-surfer has to say on their loves or hatreds of certain page types.

Specifically, which do people want to see more: the Yak/RS/JD/etc... blog-ishness with sidebars? or a slick site that acts as more of a showcase for the project?

To clarify: A front page which gives the viewer all the latest UGP news would be in place no matter what - the only question regards the presentation thereof.
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 am

I personally would like to see a site that acts more like a showcase rather than a RS/JD type blog site. Somekind of cool flash animation would be sweet. Personally, I've never liked the blogg style of web site that so many sites use. It's just so uncreative. But I guess they are really easy to setup and maintain. We need something cool and flashy and a blogg style site aint it. Think of the site as a way to advertise your own web site building skills. Let you imagination go wild. Heck, many LFL will give you a job. :lol:
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:35 am

I think it has to be a showcase site. However, there should be a bloggish component to one part. However, first and foremost it has to be a showcase.
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm

well im not to computer savy, and honestly still am not even sure what a blog is :oops: , but i would think a showcase format would be the way to go, just as a more visable deal for visitors and what not! :)
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”