Image Image Image Image Image

UGP - Native Species

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

roron corobb
Nerf Herder

UGP - Native Species

Postby roron corobb » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:40 pm

I had an idea for the native species. Different than what has been said before since we have been having a hard time coming to an agreement for them. I ran it by Master Phruby and Chewie in the chat tonight and they like the idea. What would you guy think about an non-sentient type species? Like the wamp rats or scurriers on Tatooine.

I have this creature that might work:

I was thinking of changing the head, so it's more neutral looking and didn't look so odd. It is only about an inch high with a wing span of about 3 inches. It came apart very easy and would take almost nothing to cast. Let me know what you guys think and if you might have something that would work?
roron corobb
My Feedback Links: Classifieds or Trading
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:36 am

I think this is a cool looking alien type for a non-sentient species. Some sort of little pests who get into anything. I wish I had one to get a better idea on it to see how well is stands, as I know you said the wings and tail are really one piece. Would it be possible to get a back view of this thing too?

Thanks Roron!

:wink:
roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:17 am

Ask and you shall receive Chewie. Here is the picture I have been using to commission someone to cast me a few of these guys.

The back of the body without the wings has a slot that a peg on the wings slides into. If I can get someone to make me these, I'll send you one.
roron corobb
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:02 pm

Wow, that's a fantastic pic Roron. Thanks for adding it.

I wish I had one of these guys and could experiment with it a bit. I think the head is great, it's such an ugly creature. So this came with a Van Helsing figure, right? Do you know which figure? I might try and get one on ebay or something.

Kind of a different take on it, but I think that head would look really cool on a Jawa body. Kind of takes the non-sentient idea out of the picture, but I know Brent has a to of Jawas... imagine that head on a Jawa body, but the Jawa's clothes being a tan color. Freaky.

roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:03 pm

It came with one of the Dracula. The one with bite action or something like that I believe. I got my figure for about a $1 on ebay. Got a total of about 7 figure all for $10 including shipping. I check ever once an a while sence you and Paul like the idea and the cheapest I found on ebay for the figure was for $7 so far. I think that is a bit much just for the bat creature. I think the mouth is odd looking on it myself. I want to try and make one look more neutral, that is if I get someone to cast some.

That Jawa idea sounds neat. I might have to try that when/if I get some casts.
roron corobb
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:29 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Kind of a different take on it, but I think that head would look really cool on a Jawa body. Kind of takes the non-sentient idea out of the picture, but I know Brent has a to of Jawas... imagine that head on a Jawa body, but the Jawa's clothes being a tan color. Freaky.

Intriging Idea Chewie... I do have a ton a jawas :)

RC, I'd be up for trying it out if you want to talk some more. I have started to experiment some more with casting parts. Although, I'm quite sure that Glassman would do this much faster and better than me.
roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:13 pm

I think a ton is an understatement :shock:. If you want to try let me know and we can work something out. Thanks
roron corobb
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:12 pm

I think we should definitely at least look into this!

The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:45 am

roron corobb, that custom reminds me a lot of a species that appeared in one of the Star Wars Marvel comics. I think it was issue #70 The Stenax Shuffle. It was one of my favorites. Anyway, the native species of the feature planet of the comic were winged, magenta, demon-like characters although they were much larger than your outstanding sculpt.

Here's a link with some information: http://www.theforce.net/comics/marvel/cp_msw070.asp

And, here's a link with a picture:
http://www.pen-paper.net/artgallery/d/1 ... Stenax.jpg
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:20 pm

Professor, I thank you for the praise in thinking I sculpted it, but it's actually a pigmy bad from a Dracula in the 5 inch Van Helsing line. I want to modify it with a few different ideas, but only have one. BTW that last link doesn't work, and I would like to see the picture of the creature you are talking about. Thanks
roron corobb
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Roronn,
I'm willing to take a stab at casting these. However, its not an inexpensive process in terms of getting the silicon molding material and the casting resin (not more than $15-$20 but still not insignificant). Given that I've only got a limited to time to do this, I'd be more than happy to try it out; however, I can't guarantee the time it would take to get it done. Some of our more experienced casters (like Glassman) could probably wip this out pretty quickly.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:16 pm

Rorron, regardless if you sculpted it, it's still a good idea. Sorry about my confusion.

Here's a link to some Google images. It's the first one.
http://images.google.com/images?q=stenax&hl=en
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm

i know i haven't kept up on th ugp much, but it seems to be dying down and i'd hate to see this slip into the shaddows, so i'm gunna ask some probably already answered questions! did you guys deceide on a native spieces for this planet?
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:55 am

It seems like the whole UGP project is on a "holding pattern" The team leaders are trying to determine the financial logistics of setting this up. Until we get the go/no go decision from that, I think everyone has sort of slowed down.

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”