Image Image Image Image Image

UGP - Fundraising custom auctions

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

master_phruby
Nerf Herder

UGP - Fundraising custom auctions

Postby master_phruby » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:38 pm

One way we could help fund the UGP is to auction off our custom star wars toys. Are there any volunteers out there willing to put up the first custom?
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
This message is brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours
Darth_Ennis
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darth_Ennis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:48 pm

I can whip something up if nothing else, When do you need it?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:48 am

I'm game but it will need to be a week at least until I can really dedicate to it. Should we wait for the official site to start up to reference it in auctions?

:wink:
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:47 am

According to pendragon, the official site is going to take a long time to get up and running unless we can find someone willing to setup the pages. There is no rush on the auctions. Whenever someone wants to post one is good enough for me.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
This message is brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:29 am

I'm all for helping out with the auctions for the project. However, I think we need to think through how to actually handle the money when it starts to come through.

For example, who collects the money and who distributes it? What are we targeting the money for? There are several possibilities such as booth space (still being discussed), booth set-up (tables, saw horses, etc?), shipping costs, $$ for custom/diorama expenses (raw materials, etc).

Obviously, we are all in this together and we are all going to donate a lot our personal time, personal money, and personal "material things" (figures, dioramas, etc) but there will also be a lot of expenses. It would be nice if there was some way to allocate money that is raised, especially if there is dedicated fund raising activities.

Sounds to me like you might need a treasurer and I DON'T WANT the job :D

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”