Image Image Image Image Image

Banner

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Banner

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:51 pm

I think we need a banner now for this guys... something to draw people in. Here's one I can up with... let me know what you think.

:wink:
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:42 am

I like the red boarder one. It would also serve pretty well as the header for the web site if it was stretched out. Maybe we could get some volunteers to work on the web site artwork with pendragon? I would but my photoshop is on the fritz right now. I really got to upgrade it.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
This message is brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Nice Work, Chewie.

I can set up a flash banner with what youve put up here already, and I'll try to turn out some art when i get a free moment every now and then :p

But any help on jump starting the site would be much appreciated :D
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 pm

I sure as heck wish I could help more on setting up the website. I'll be happy to do what I can with pics, banners, etc. There are some other people out there better at that sort of thing than I am, but I am more than happy to help in any way I can.

elmeaux
Midi-Chlorian

Website help

Postby elmeaux » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:54 am

Hi. I'm new to this board but I've been seeing customs for this project on other boards and have been intrigued.

From what I've read here it looks like you guys need help with a website; I should be able to help as I'm in between projects right now. Is there an outline for the site yet? Or is it just one page? any text written up for it yet?
If someone in charge wants to PM me I can supply a list of some sites I've done.

E>
master_phruby
Nerf Herder

Postby master_phruby » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:30 pm

We defiantely need your help on the site. Send a PM to PenDragon and post some links for us.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true but because of the distance, not for a million years.
This message is brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours
elmeaux
Midi-Chlorian

Postby elmeaux » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:01 pm

Cool, I Pm'd Pendragon. Figured I'd play around with a graphic for this a little while waiting to hear back and maybe get some discussion going. I feel a bit sheepish using a blatant Star Wars style font, but nothing about the UGP name really suggests SW so I figured it would be an ok trade off.

I think this would lend itself to adding in color fairly easilly depending on what direction the site takes as it develops.

I also made a companion button based on it that could be used as an avatar or something:

Anyhow, let me know what you think.

E>
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Elmeaux, I love them both! It will be great to get you involved in this project.
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Ooo! I dig it! :D

Gotchyer PM, Elmeaux. Glad to have you on board! PM'd ya back, and if you've got some sites to your credit, I'd love to see them.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:47 am

That's a killer design... I love it!

elmeaux
Midi-Chlorian

Postby elmeaux » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 pm

Thanks guys. :)

E>
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:27 am

Hey guys, whatda ya think of the following? - I'm kinda new to Flash, so any constructive crit is welcome:

opening banner
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:31 am

Wow Pendragon, that's amazing! I think it's superb. The only thing that doesn't hold up as well is the Stormtrooper pic I made, lol. Very cool though, I am very impressed. Thank you for putting this together.

smartypants1635
Droid

Postby smartypants1635 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:22 am

Two thumbs WAYYYY UP. Also as a staff member at TSE, we were talking about possibly starting a UGP section as well. We have a thread, but not much activity in it. There are several customizers over there that are excellent that just haven’t signed up for this project, and I think with a section for it these guys might join in. If its cool with Paul we'll be setting one up, and you may have to add them into that little banner. :wink:

Adam
....... What?
Darth_Ennis
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darth_Ennis » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:18 am

Hey Elmeaux glad to have you aboard. How are things down in good old NOLA?

I commented over at JD but its so cool Ill do it again. Love the banner Pen. Excellent job. I wish I could do this kinda stuff.

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”