patreektherodian
Midi-Chlorian

Postby patreektherodian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:41 pm

Oh by the way say hello to Marley

I am fluent in only two forms of communication
patreektherodian
Midi-Chlorian

Postby patreektherodian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:45 pm

Here is a 3d concept the mats would theoretically go on the flat surfaces .
Those are not cliffs I would make rockfaces that would offer a transition from the plateau to the main land.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:56 pm

Patreek, congatulations! Check out little Marley! :D

On the canyons, I am 100% in favor of them and really like the concept and how they would be added on top of the landscape. Yes, very good in my opinion and great explanation with the illustration.

:wink:
BrentS
Storm Trooper

Postby BrentS » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 pm

patreektherodian wrote:Oh by the way say hello to Marley

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pendragon
Midi-Chlorian

Postby pendragon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

Woah! Instant cuteness! :D

Congrats my friend! Tho I gotta say I feel badly for that ugly kid next to Marley... :wink:

And I like what I see with the diagram - from what your describing, the rockfaces should look great.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:34 am

Obviously this isn't what we plan on our diorama looking like, but here's just some stuff for reference/ideas.

patreektherodian
Midi-Chlorian

Postby patreektherodian » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:02 am

Love the terrain Did you do that?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:39 am

No, I didn't make that, wish I had!

I bought stuff for the main wall for the city today, that pink insulation foam.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:53 pm

Quick update on progress -

Ryan from www.jedidefender.com is taking over the entire landscape, which will help create a "uniform" appearance to the landscape, rather than several people creating something and us having to try and piece it all together. Here's his latest progress pics -

Here's an updated side view of the layout showing the thickness of the "layers" - kind of looking at a map of the Earth's crust -

Patreek has also completed the "cliffs" that will appear as part of the landscape (they will be laid out on top of it in one corner) -

Here's a pic of a tower that will be in the city - I'm working on this and have to touch it up some more -

I'm also in the process of working on a modular wall that will separate the city from the wilderness... using some foam insulation at this point but am looking now into trying another method.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Update on the city wall - I got to thinking, and changed the material on the wall from insulation foam to wood. I went to Lowes, bought some stuff, and did a lot of cutting and nailing pieces together tonight. It will cost more to ship, but ultimately it will be a lot more durable and I can put more detail into it I think. I don't have the best tools in the world and cutting it with a hacksaw was a pain in the ass... but I think it will be better off that way.

Here's what the layout is looking like right now - I really hope this is ok with you guys -

The bars on the gate will be removable, and will actually be about 36 inches long, just 26 inches will show if the dimension is squeezed into 6 feet. Of course it could be stretched out too.

Now... IF I have time, I'll add an option center piece that can stand as a tower between the two walls, and connect the gate - that way one gate could be open, another closed. I don't want to commit to that though, but if I can get to it I will. Right now I'm still in the process of finishing my basement and the baby room so time's limited.

roron corobb
Nerf Herder

Postby roron corobb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Okay, here is what I had in mind with Chewie suggestion on my city square center piece. Rought picture, but it gets the point across.
If you don't like the Royal Guard idea, the globe can be lowered. Maybe if someone wants to build a round or so base of steps to set it on, that would bring it out more.

I had another idea if the Royal Guard don't work is maybe add some Stormtrooper helmets (casts or whatever) to each of the poles, like a Empire trophy or something like that. If the fountain idea comes back to play maybe have the water come down out of the bottom of the planet? Using the railroad water making stuff, not sure how to use that stuff. If this sounds cool, maybe someone could make it using a clear straw or tube of some sort and coat it. Then it could be cut to fit the finish piece. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm going to find some time for the henge and gap tonight. Thanks
roron corobb
My Feedback Links: Classifieds or Trading
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:00 am

Love the way you're going about this, the Dagobah complete galaxy planet is a great idea, I never thought that piece could be used for anything - you had a GREAT idea on this.

As we discussed at JD, using dowels would probably be the way to go (or BrentS might make a pedestal for it).

Thanks Roron!

Return to “UGP: Ultimate Group Project (2007)”