Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By patreektherodian
Oh by the way say hello to Marley

By patreektherodian
Here is a 3d concept the mats would theoretically go on the flat surfaces .
Those are not cliffs I would make rockfaces that would offer a transition from the plateau to the main land.

By YAK_Chewie
Patreek, congatulations! Check out little Marley! :D

On the canyons, I am 100% in favor of them and really like the concept and how they would be added on top of the landscape. Yes, very good in my opinion and great explanation with the illustration.

:wink:
By BrentS
patreektherodian wrote:Oh by the way say hello to Marley

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By pendragon
Woah! Instant cuteness! :D

Congrats my friend! Tho I gotta say I feel badly for that ugly kid next to Marley... :wink:

And I like what I see with the diagram - from what your describing, the rockfaces should look great.
By patreektherodian
Love the terrain Did you do that?
By YAK_Chewie
Quick update on progress -

Ryan from www.jedidefender.com is taking over the entire landscape, which will help create a "uniform" appearance to the landscape, rather than several people creating something and us having to try and piece it all together. Here's his latest progress pics -

Here's an updated side view of the layout showing the thickness of the "layers" - kind of looking at a map of the Earth's crust -

Patreek has also completed the "cliffs" that will appear as part of the landscape (they will be laid out on top of it in one corner) -

Here's a pic of a tower that will be in the city - I'm working on this and have to touch it up some more -

I'm also in the process of working on a modular wall that will separate the city from the wilderness... using some foam insulation at this point but am looking now into trying another method.

By YAK_Chewie
Update on the city wall - I got to thinking, and changed the material on the wall from insulation foam to wood. I went to Lowes, bought some stuff, and did a lot of cutting and nailing pieces together tonight. It will cost more to ship, but ultimately it will be a lot more durable and I can put more detail into it I think. I don't have the best tools in the world and cutting it with a hacksaw was a pain in the ass... but I think it will be better off that way.

Here's what the layout is looking like right now - I really hope this is ok with you guys -

The bars on the gate will be removable, and will actually be about 36 inches long, just 26 inches will show if the dimension is squeezed into 6 feet. Of course it could be stretched out too.

Now... IF I have time, I'll add an option center piece that can stand as a tower between the two walls, and connect the gate - that way one gate could be open, another closed. I don't want to commit to that though, but if I can get to it I will. Right now I'm still in the process of finishing my basement and the baby room so time's limited.

By roron corobb
Okay, here is what I had in mind with Chewie suggestion on my city square center piece. Rought picture, but it gets the point across.
If you don't like the Royal Guard idea, the globe can be lowered. Maybe if someone wants to build a round or so base of steps to set it on, that would bring it out more.

I had another idea if the Royal Guard don't work is maybe add some Stormtrooper helmets (casts or whatever) to each of the poles, like a Empire trophy or something like that. If the fountain idea comes back to play maybe have the water come down out of the bottom of the planet? Using the railroad water making stuff, not sure how to use that stuff. If this sounds cool, maybe someone could make it using a clear straw or tube of some sort and coat it. Then it could be cut to fit the finish piece. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm going to find some time for the henge and gap tonight. Thanks
roron corobb
By YAK_Chewie
Love the way you're going about this, the Dagobah complete galaxy planet is a great idea, I never thought that piece could be used for anything - you had a GREAT idea on this.

As we discussed at JD, using dowels would probably be the way to go (or BrentS might make a pedestal for it).

Thanks Roron!

Community fodder box...

I don't know how heavy the box is. If it is light[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Here are a couple criminals types

Customs by Darth Cain

Those are some really nice customs. I especially l[…]

CorSec Emigration Officers stationed at Coronet […]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Guards and their mini's

Custom by nighthawk