Image Image Image Image Image

The 13th Trial - DESPERATE MEASURES - POSTED!

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: The 13th Trial - DESPERATE MEASURES - POSTED!

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Darth Kikinou wrote:Phenomenal, as always! The only flaw is how short it is. Argh! :-) All technical aspects are perfect, the customs, the dioramas, the photography, the special effects, the plot, the dialogue... what is there to say? I do wish you'd pick up the pace! But thank you for this, really, awesome.

I posted it on the PN alliance site:
http://photonovelalliance.com/pn/TET/TE ... sures.html

Thanks bud, I am appreciative for the feedback and support!

Yep, not a long chapter but it took forever to make it! These are so time consuming as you know.

Thanks for posting it at Photonovel Alliance!!

:wink:
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:03 am

I was wondering if the junk is fixed in place. If not, you can change things up a bit in different shots so locations will be slightly different. Movable walls/Greeblies might also help. I think a few small changes would be enough to double the settings.

You'd have to really plan out your shots for continuity though.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 am

Utinniii wrote:I was wondering if the junk is fixed in place. If not, you can change things up a bit in different shots so locations will be slightly different. Movable walls/Greeblies might also help. I think a few small changes would be enough to double the settings.

You'd have to really plan out your shots for continuity though.

Good question - and in the interest of space and resources, most of that is modular. Very little of it is fixed in place.

Basically, the "ground" area is an insulation board base, with paper mache ground/hills made, and coated in several layers of wood glue, then painted reddish brown. Then a mix of glue and paint added on top, and some sand sprinkled on. That's the part that's "fixed" in place.

After that, the walls and greeblies are all moveable, and I have a lot of sand that can me moved around with a paint brush to try and create the illusion of them walking around in different areas.

The actual "ground" of the planet diorama is only 2x2 feet. You can get them here.

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Chewie,

I'm finally catching up on some feedback and responding to my own! This is the third or forth time I've got to look at this chapter, and I really enjoy it each time. I can't really add much more than what has already been said, but I really love The Maker as a character. The look of him, and just how creepy it must be for anyone to be in his presence. I love stories like that! Same with the feral droids. It would just be so weird to know they were roaming around like that.

As always, I love your sets and photography. Going forward, I can't wait to see more of the Maker and his creations! Plus, I really love the prisoner uniforms. Using the Indiana Jones body for the ripped up one was really a nice touch. :)
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 am

Jodo wrote:Chewie,

I'm finally catching up on some feedback and responding to my own! This is the third or forth time I've got to look at this chapter, and I really enjoy it each time. I can't really add much more than what has already been said, but I really love The Maker as a character. The look of him, and just how creepy it must be for anyone to be in his presence. I love stories like that! Same with the feral droids. It would just be so weird to know they were roaming around like that.

Thanks bud! Appreciate you taking the time to read, and to share your thoughts. I know how hard it can be to find the time!

I'm glad you like The Maker. I've tried to not share too much about him - part of the fun is allowing for the reader to make up their own mind on his origin, what he really does there, etc. Maybe that makes him more creepy? I don't know. But I kind of have enjoyed limiting his background. That kind of goes for the droids too. But, there will be more shown/explained regarding all of that soon.

Jodo wrote:As always, I love your sets and photography. Going forward, I can't wait to see more of the Maker and his creations! Plus, I really love the prisoner uniforms. Using the Indiana Jones body for the ripped up one was really a nice touch. :)

Thanks, I am mostly satisfied with the sets -but never really happy with my photography. I need to get better with lighting. I'm going to experiment a bit more with the next chapter. And thanks on the custom using the Indy body! That one was fun to make.

As always - thanks for your support and feedback Jodo!!

Jimmy_2Pack
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Jimmy_2Pack » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Loving this series!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Jimmy_2Pack wrote:Loving this series!

Thank you, I should to have the next chapter up in November-ish time frame. :)

Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Though this is a short chapter, the purpose of which is largely to lay some groundwork for the story yet to come, there's just so much awesome stuff here.

The prison planet remains such a rich, beautifully-realized environment it puts many movies to shame. It's fantastic.

Great tension here as Ryrkof is brought before the sinister Atracion. Awesome customs with his fearsome and gruesome group of followers, especially the guy with the droid replacement arm. As always, your technical skills are simply dazzling.

But, of course, my favorite is obviously the Maker. Having been teased and glimpsed for a while now, his debut is as creepy as I was hoping. What a marvelous creation, I can't wait to see more of this character in the ensuing chapters.

Your photonovels never fail to live up to the level of mastery you've set for yourself that you almost make it look easy. Almost, because of course these things are impossibly difficult to make and require an enormous amount of time, dedication and, of course, craft and skill.

Of course, I selfishly wish the time between chapters was shorter, but, hey, there's that other pesky thing called "life" that gets in the way.

Still, I'll continue to cherish your incredible output until one or both of us drop dead. So keep up the great work and thanks again!
Choi
Nerf Herder

Postby Choi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 pm

I'm so far behind on everything here! Your work is amazing, as always! :D
The newest chapter of my photonovel, Alliance Intelligence, is up! You can check it out here: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=8327&p=161239#p161239
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:Though this is a short chapter, the purpose of which is largely to lay some groundwork for the story yet to come, there's just so much awesome stuff here.

Thanks Lance, agreed this was not a very long chapter. I tried to have just enough to progress the story to a point where the action is right around the corner.

Lance Quazar wrote:The prison planet remains such a rich, beautifully-realized environment it puts many movies to shame. It's fantastic.

Thank you!

Lance Quazar wrote:Great tension here as Ryrkof is brought before the sinister Atracion. Awesome customs with his fearsome and gruesome group of followers, especially the guy with the droid replacement arm. As always, your technical skills are simply dazzling.

But, of course, my favorite is obviously the Maker. Having been teased and glimpsed for a while now, his debut is as creepy as I was hoping. What a marvelous creation, I can't wait to see more of this character in the ensuing chapters.

Glad you like the way things are playing out with Rykrof meeting Atracion, and all the various customs/etc. take a ridiculous amount of time to make but hopefully when it's all said and done, the goal of making a peronalized and unique fan-fic photonovel series is realized.

I hope the way things play out with the Maker works out! Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Lance Quazar wrote:Your photonovels never fail to live up to the level of mastery you've set for yourself that you almost make it look easy. Almost, because of course these things are impossibly difficult to make and require an enormous amount of time, dedication and, of course, craft and skill.

Of course, I selfishly wish the time between chapters was shorter, but, hey, there's that other pesky thing called "life" that gets in the way.

Still, I'll continue to cherish your incredible output until one or both of us drop dead. So keep up the great work and thanks again!

After all these years, I'm afraid that I'm going to drop the ball and deliver a big letdown. The only easy part is the imagination; the rest is all very time consuming and at times feels like a burden. In no way do I fantasize anymore like I did when I was a kid about making films for a living, but in a way that's all these are. A little peek with action figures into stories I'd love to direct/produce in a bigger fashion.

I hope to have a new chapter before year's end... work, family, kids, etc. all makes it hard.

Again, thank you!

Return to “Photo Novels”