Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Lance Quazar
I should have the 2007 Photo Novel awards all planned no later than January 2009.

So get those entries in....you know, in the past.
By Niktom
Lance Quazar wrote:I should have the 2007 Photo Novel awards all planned no later than January 2009.

So get those entries in....you know, in the past.

Always better late then never...
By YAK_Chewie
I don't want to try and force it down people's throats, but I'd love to see a bit more activity from the old timers who used to comment and share their thoughts on the hard work people put into these too.

:wink:
By Darth Depressis
who's in charge of the pn spotlight? like i'm fairly certain drewton's legacy is newer than rykrof 23 and i know i've turned in atleast two more parts of my finale since then.

and what's up with the doubles? are we collecting forum threads now like trading cards..lol
By YAK_Chewie
I'll give Yak_Den a heads up... we could also update the Customizer Spotlight as well... Drewton's Chapter and one of yours got spotlights on the front page not too long ago, but we can definitely update the top page links... and at least we do run those, I'm not aware of any other forum that gives customizing the attention that we try to.

By YAK_Chewie
Yakface has been around for over a decade now... the site didn't start developing a customizing niche until about two years ago. That was really more of an experiment that seemed to take off because it seemed that other sites weren't trying to spotlight the customizing community... TCU has really slowed down because Curto doesn't seem to have time or wish to have assistance unfortunately, but FFURG is still kicking and has a nice group over there.

I'm pretty sure not everyone's coming around Yakface for just customizing though (heck, I only do 1-2 front page posts a week), but I imagine that some customizers do come around for our customizing aspects.

There's lots of other features as well, and the staff works hard to try and bring as much news to the community as we can, the toy guide, etc... Brandon, Jayson, Niktom, and others really do put a lot of effort into this place.

By jedistyle
people come here for the great community in addition to the great customizing/pn talent... this, nor is any other a custom direction site, aside from custom alliance when it is actually running. this as others is a SW site. geard toward all collectors new and old, modern and vintage. it's an all round community.

perhaps the quality Pn artist are very focused on just that, quality. and would rather take thier time between chapters than put out a half assed asteticly poor, hard to read chapter......

i apologize if i offended anyone. i just seems that there is so much negativity directed in this direction of the hobby latley, when all should be encouraging istead of discouraged, it gets out of hand......

i hope many PN artists are encouraged by this thread, though im sure it will anger a couple. beacuse i would rather see spuradic quality work, over frequant mediocre work....

so take it as you will, beacuse ive heard enough from a couple people..... :?
Last edited by jedistyle on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Lance Quazar
Now that the forums are back on-line, I have a LOT of catching up to do with reading and replying to all the PNs from the past couple of months.
By Darth Depressis
jedistyle wrote:people come here for the great community in addition to the great customizing/pn talent... this, nor is any other a custom direction site, aside from custom alliance when it is actually running. this as others is a SW site. geard toward all collectors new and old, modern and vintage. it's an all round community.

perhaps the quality Pn artist are very focused on just that, quality. and would rather take thier time between chapters than put out a half assed asteticly poor, hard to read chapter......

i apologize if i offended anyone. i just seems that there is so much negativity directed in this direction of the hobby latley, when all should be encouraging istead of discouraged, it gets out of hand......

i hope many PN artists are encouraged by this thread, though im sure it will anger a couple. beacuse i would rather see spuradic quality work, over frequant mediocre work....

so take it as you will, beacuse ive heard enough from a couple people..... :?

ok what are you babbling about? i just read your entire rant, and apparently you forgot what you where talking about to begin with?

becauseif it's the above griping from a month ago, i know i'm way over it and happy to see this forum back.

Nice!! What a great gift!

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

That middle one is a #2 pencil.

Good luck DarthVlad. I have been in such a hobby s[…]

Star Wars Celebration 2019 Chicago

That was a lot of fun. I will see you all in a cou[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

It's been a long time since I updated this thread.[…]

Wow, that's awesome. Creative and very well done[…]

Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]