Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Wanted to share an update... working with a very talented diorama builder to commission something for the next couple chapters...

I'm sure many of you are familiar with his work, he goes by the name of "EMPIRE" in the forums... and has created some killer sets that he now also sells on eBay... he was gracious enough to work with me for a custom order...

First, I provided him with some concept drawings...

Image]

He's got the first building for me completed, below. I'll be painting the buildings and adding greeblies and such to them... I'm not sure exactly what color the buildings will be just yet. I'll also be constructing terrain and landscape for the sets, and new painted backdrops... but anyways, here's the pic he sent me of the first building... looks amazing...

:wink:
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, his playsets are fantastic -- I should have my order next week. I'll be painting the buildings myself because I just didn't know what color scheme I want yet.

On a similar note, I painted a new mountain backdrop over the weekend for future photonovel use... it will be used in an upcoming chapter or two... when I make something like that I always want to try out a couple test shots, so here they are:

By Trooper31
Awesome Background pic. Looks really nice and I love the McQ snowspeeder and the Rebels AT-DP.

Chewie, did you say one time a few years back that you used Bob Ross' painting style for your Backgrounds or was that someone else?
By YAK_Chewie
Thanks, it was fun painting it and a nice break from the norm of popping figures apart and trying to find good combinations of parts, etc.

And Bob Ross? Yes, that was me chatting about that a while back... I used my "Bob Ross" method for the mountains in this setup for a photonovel a couple years ago too...

I'm using only the following:

- Liquitex Basics paints
- Painting knife
- Foamboard for the background

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.