Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
The next chapter should be posted by Monday... Tuesday at the latest.

One last tease for now... some have wanted to know more about the Maker... at the beginning of each chapter, I always add a "character profile" for significant characters. Here's that for the Maker:

The Maker - Homeworld - Unknown. Very little is know about this myserious individual, other than he is the current warden of the Imperial penal colony on Tartaaris. For years, he has crafted custom hunter droids from the countless junk piles on Tartaaris and programmed them to terrorize the prisoner population. Rarely seen by the local garrison, the Maker has recently been stirring due to rumors of a pending prisoner revolt.

:wink:
By jorsupersid
CANNOT WAIT!

Curious if you have ever given thought to "publishing" the anthology(s) into e-book formats? It would be a really great way to read them and you could add content like character bios, designs, commentary, production, etc. Etc. Etc.

Your work is honestly just as good (often better) then the official cannon. Soo much that I honestly don't consider it anywhere close to fan fiction due the the amount of work and depth in your material.
By YAK_Chewie
jorsupersid wrote:CANNOT WAIT!

Curious if you have ever given thought to "publishing" the anthology(s) into e-book formats? It would be a really great way to read them and you could add content like character bios, designs, commentary, production, etc. Etc. Etc.

Your work is honestly just as good (often better) then the official cannon. Soo much that I honestly don't consider it anywhere close to fan fiction due the the amount of work and depth in your material.

Dang, that's really nice of you to say, thank you.

I suppose, if I ever finish the series, and have enough time and energy, I might explore something along those lines. I'd have to break it up into the prequel era and OT era, and am not sure how complicated all of it might be... but it might be something worth looking into. I've been making these on and off now for about 13 years, which is kind of weird I guess. LOL!

Again, thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

By YAK_Chewie
BrianBeck wrote:Where are you getting that 'background junk" ? I need that 'barrel' :D

Hey! You're registered and part of the forums now! That's great to see. :-)

Most of the items are self-made, but I also purchase stuff from forum members EMPIRE and Raylen who are experts at diorama greeblies.

Click below links...

EMPIRE TOY WORKS

HOLE IN THE GROUND PRO

By jorsupersid
13 years huh? Sounds about right. I only offer my comments cuz I have been a reader since the very beginning. I've just not really stuck to message boards over the 20 years+ of visiting this site (an others).

I understand it would be a large work load but you wouldn't necessarily have to go nuts reformatting everything since all the panels have been done already (much like comic strips). I just think it would be a nice reference /hardcopy instead of having many loading pictures spread out in multiple places.

Heck you could even include some of the original stuff you did before you went back and "special editioned it" (if I recall). I know its become vast with many timelines now but just to go from the beginning (when you first started) and go in creation order would be fine since SW itself has blurred the lines of releasing sequel/prequel again and again in all media. Or you could even start it with current chapter(s) if you wished since you have them all numbered anyway.

I'm just saying overall it would be worth it. Since you have put sooo much time and care into crafting a true saga (within a saga? Lol).
By YAK_Chewie
jorsupersid wrote:13 years huh? Sounds about right. I only offer my comments cuz I have been a reader since the very beginning. I've just not really stuck to message boards over the 20 years+ of visiting this site (an others).

I understand it would be a large work load but you wouldn't necessarily have to go nuts reformatting everything since all the panels have been done already (much like comic strips). I just think it would be a nice reference /hardcopy instead of having many loading pictures spread out in multiple places.

Heck you could even include some of the original stuff you did before you went back and "special editioned it" (if I recall). I know its become vast with many timelines now but just to go from the beginning (when you first started) and go in creation order would be fine since SW itself has blurred the lines of releasing sequel/prequel again and again in all media. Or you could even start it with current chapter(s) if you wished since you have them all numbered anyway.

I'm just saying overall it would be worth it. Since you have put sooo much time and care into crafting a true saga (within a saga? Lol).

Yeah, about 13 years. Kind of crazy. :P

It's extremely cool to know that you've read these for so long, you know I used to get emails from people saying "not a forum member, but I read your series!" about once a month in the early days of the series. I still get 2-3 emails like that each year; it's really astounding to me that I have been able to get a bit of a target audience. I really think if www.starwars.com had some sort of photonovel feature like this, it would go over well and there would be a ton of readers. They are just really fun to make and read other people's work.

I might consider some sort of book format at some point. In the meantime, if you have not checked out www.photonovelalliance.com, I would definitely recommend it!

Again - much appreciated! I hope to have more previews soon.

By jorsupersid
Yeah I've been checking SW online since like 1996(?) so I've seen many sites come and go or like yak/scum just been with them since the inception.

Its funny you mentioned photonovelalliance I used to read your stuff on there way back in the day... I even used to be HUGE into FFURG and THE CUSTOM ALLIANCE... That site was MASSIVE too bad it went to pot. By its still on the internet archive. I had customs even on it lol.

So it's safe to say I've know of your work since the beginning lol.

But yeah. Your right about SW.COM thing. They used to offer the exclusive daily strips and then later someone collected them into eBook format so that's where I got the idea ask you.

I really don't get why Lucasfilm/Hasbro don't do the photo novels like you do since it could really help sell the exact products featured... I mean that a no brainer right? Especially with the articulation of the 6" black series. With that line you could even do stop motion. Lol.

Looks good. Okay, since Halloween is coming up in[…]

I just voted. Thank you, darthvlad, for pointing […]

I'm on board and agree whole hardly with both of y[…]

Here are my votes for the tie-breaker: Padme Ami[…]

Walmart and TVC

Nice score!!! I have been hitting my local Walma[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

Just an idea, but Hole in the Ground Pro has quit[…]

New Forum Goal - TEN or Bust!

Photonovel activity has slowed down quite a bit..[…]

Glad to see you posted this! It's a great start,[…]